PDA

View Full Version : whats up with 6th ave for Labor day?

klymN
07-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know if there will be a good turn out for Labor day -- The Aha Quin er's want to come down

BUSBY
07-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Um yes ... I think it's going to be a rather large turn out (if everyone shows that is ... :idea: )
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84654
Brian

Cs19
07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Ya its gonna happen. A few of us are going down from water wheel for one of the days (probably sat) the rest of the weekend well be runnin around water wheel,lost lake,etc.
Nice cp klymin' is that yours?
Also, do you know Lance? If you do, hows he doing and is the boat repairable?

djdtpr
07-21-2005, 07:14 PM
Its suposed to go off on saturday.But if there are a bunch of looky loos there we wont have any good water so it should be interesting.From what i heard there will be a few hard runners there.

revndave
07-21-2005, 07:19 PM
Damn skippy its going off on Sat.

Cs19
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
DJD, seriously here...
What are the conditions really like on a sat or sun? A few guys im trying to recruit are sketching a little bit on the conditions with it being a big weekend and all. I thought I remember hearing it was pretty clean all day?
Big river has been reall shitty for racing at dusk.

djdtpr
07-21-2005, 08:09 PM
CS,as long as we dont get a bunch of people there to watch and drive there boats around we will be in great shape.The water will be crappy from about 9 am till noon when everyone gets to the sandbar but after that it lays down and we will have great water.Sat the water will probably be a little low but nothing to worry about.Let me know when you are planning on getting there and you guys can follow me up river.

Cs19
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Copy that, thanks DJD.
For the record, Labor day is a ways out, CBBB is the next event everyone will be at.
Lets lay out the grudge matches already.
I got Garrett first round.

cyclone
07-21-2005, 09:43 PM
nice. pick on the loud mouth guy who got his blower at the launch ramp. oh wait. maybe that was me? :p

djdtpr
07-22-2005, 10:48 AM
You wont see any passes layed down by me or my boat that weekend Cs that water there sucks dong.Ill be busy drinkin and possibly floatin.I hear that Garret may be stepping it up to a truck motor instead of a motorhome motor for the avi.He said he was wanting to run at least 81.I also heard that he was gonna run race gas in it too for even more power.

flat broke
07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
You wont see any passes layed down by me or my boat that weekend Cs that water there sucks dong.
You know, it's funny that everyone says that. Everytime I have ever had my boat on the water more than 4 or 5 minutes south of the AVI the water has been very mellow in terms of traffic, chop etc.
Chris

klymN
07-22-2005, 11:44 AM
CS, yah thats my CP. Lance has been a friend since about 7th grade. He found a spot about 100ft from mine at the Quin. His boat should be back together for Labor day. Our buddy Chris wont have his back together yet. Although we should have a few boats comn down. Tony constintino, Shoe, mike with his blomn 19 CP, plus a few more so it should be fun or different!But you guys need to come run on our smooth lagoon water at the Quin some time!

Dogballs
07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
Klymn
Are those rewarder pipes and do you run them just like the conventional OT's with a t-Valve?

klymN
07-22-2005, 03:24 PM
Yah, they are Rewarders --I dont run a basset t- valve just a manual on off

BUSBY
07-22-2005, 07:19 PM
DJD, seriously here...
What are the conditions really like on a sat or sun? A few guys im trying to recruit are sketching a little bit on the conditions with it being a big weekend and all. I thought I remember hearing it was pretty clean all day?
Big river has been reall shitty for racing at dusk.
Chris, I heard there is supposed to be a Ford powered unit going (Blue & White colored CP #109) that will saw you off!
Is that one f the guys you are bringing????
:eek:

djdtpr
07-22-2005, 07:28 PM
You know, it's funny that everyone says that. Everytime I have ever had my boat on the water more than 4 or 5 minutes south of the AVI the water has been very mellow in terms of traffic, chop etc.
Chris
We went up to the sand beach with everyone the last couple years and the water wasnt that much better up there either.I go to socialize and drink with good friends and look at cool rides not race.Keep in mind that rough water at over 110 is different than rough water at 85.I wasnt tyring to bag on the event at all.

klymN
07-22-2005, 08:37 PM
So where is the best place to launch from if we come down to 6th ave? does mayflowers ramp suck now or what -- havent been there in years

djdtpr
07-22-2005, 08:59 PM
We stay at Mayflower and launch there the ramp is pretty good.The ramp at hidden beaches sucks.

klymN
07-23-2005, 08:43 AM
Anyone going out to blythe area this weekend?

Cs19
07-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Go by water wheel in the evening and look for a maroon/white 18 performance, its just a single carbed deal, but he'll give ya a run for yer money no doubt.
Thats the only guy I know of thats going out this weekend.Its too hot for me right now.
Have fun and be careful.

klymN
07-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I like to drive my boat alot. Were going up to lost lake from the Quin so we'll stop on our way. Were also gonna hit those killer burritos at hidden Valley!!!

klymN
07-23-2005, 09:13 AM
I like to drive my boat alot. Were going up to lost lake from the Quin so we'll stop on our way. Were also gonna hit those killer burritos at hidden Valley!!!
Whats his name?