PDA

View Full Version : Dominator 1050 Help!

Da-Bull
07-22-2005, 09:03 AM
I bought 2 Dominator 1050's off E-Bay and let's just say they were not what they were represented to be. They are the older style, not the HP's and new like the cat told me that they were and no way he's taking them back so I'm kinda stuck with them. I need to have them tuned up / rebuilt. I 'd like to have the the boosters changed out and screw in type air bleeds installed. Is there anyone out there that does this kind of work. I would sure appreciate any help, I have called rebuilders, but they want to sell me new ones that they have already rebuilt. I need someone who can go through the ones I already have.
Thanks,
Jeff

WILDERTHANU
07-22-2005, 09:14 AM
Put them in a box and ship them to these guys. We try and do all our own carb work, but if for some reason I need to get outside work done on them, this is who I use. They will be able to do whatever you want.
The Carb Shop (http://www.customcarbs.com/)

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
07-22-2005, 01:50 PM
Sell And Buy New...they Will Take To Much Work....then Again I Got Bone Stock 1150's On That Tunnel You Wanted And It Works Great And Turns 8300rpms.......

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
07-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Call Braswell.

Jetboatguru
07-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Sell And Buy New...they Will Take To Much Work....then Again I Got Bone Stock 1150's On That Tunnel You Wanted And It Works Great And Turns 8300rpms but that is without a propeller or gears.......
Wow, now that is impressive!! :wink:

disco_charger
07-22-2005, 02:17 PM
I bought 2 Dominator 1050's off E-Bay and let's just say they were not what they were represented to be. They are the older style, not the HP's and new like the cat told me that they were and no way he's taking them back so I'm kinda stuck with them. I need to have them tuned up / rebuilt. I 'd like to have the the boosters changed out and screw in type air bleeds installed. Is there anyone out there that does this kind of work. I would sure appreciate any help, I have called rebuilders, but they want to sell me new ones that they have already rebuilt. I need someone who can go through the ones I already have.
Thanks,
Jeff
What's wrong with them and would you be interested in selling them?

flat broke
07-22-2005, 02:39 PM
What's wrong with them and would you be interested in selling them?
Christ Disco, what do you have in the works that would require that much gas?
Chris

Sangerboy
07-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Put them in a box and ship them to these guys. We try and do all our own carb work, but if for some reason I need to get outside work done on them, this is who I use. They will be able to do whatever you want.
The Carb Shop (http://www.customcarbs.com/)
These guys do good work, a couple of times it's taken longer than they told me it would, but the carbs have always been just about spot on out of the box for each application. They dyno test each job before shipping out :D

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Wow, now that is impressive!! :wink:
dammit guru......leave my prop nut alone........with the prop i think it went 3500rpm... :p

steelcomp
07-22-2005, 06:19 PM
Thanks,
Jeff
What are the list no's? Just installing annular boosters isn't necessarily a good idea. I'm doing a set of 6464's right now that I got off ebay. PM me if you want some help. :coffeycup

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-22-2005, 06:22 PM
bull,put them on stock,no power vales and 90 jets with 50 shooters and go from there.....you might not need all the hype...

steelcomp
07-22-2005, 06:35 PM
bull,put them on stock,no power vales and 90 jets with 50 shooters and go from there.....you might not need all the hype... Sui's right. Each list no. has it's own calibration, and there are several differences between carbs. If you start changing things, you need to go through and change everything in the carb accordingly. The older Holleys worked real good right out of the box. The 6464's have an intermadiate circuit that can be a little (lot) fat at part throttle, but with their 1:1 linkage, they were made for mashing the pedal to WOT, not cruising. The 8896 was the other 1050 that had intermediate, but it was leaned out (by Holley) for a little better drivability. If you just throw a set of annular boosters on either of these carbs, you're going to have way too much fuel off idle, due to the stronger signal of the annular boosters. The carbs aren't made that way, and you'll hurt performance. That's just an example of what I'm talking about.
Dom's aren't any harder to rebuild than any other Holley...in fact easier. Go with the stock jetting and squirters and work from there. Get a quick kit, install new needles and seats, new gaskets, and run 'em. If you have fuel metering problems, there are things that can be done inside the carb. Air bleeds really shouldn't be changed untill every thing else that can be done to solve the problem has been done. :coffeycup

FLYTE RISK
07-23-2005, 05:17 AM
Sell And Buy New...they Will Take To Much Work....then Again I Got Bone Stock 1150's On That Tunnel You Wanted And It Works Great And Turns 8300rpms....... 80 What hundred r.P.M that must have been when you doinked out of the gate!!!! PUULLLEEEAAASSSSEEEE Stop The B>S :jawdrop:

SUICYCOLE DIMARCO
07-23-2005, 11:01 AM
80 What hundred r.P.M that must have been when you doinked out of the gate!!!! PUULLLEEEAAASSSSEEEE Stop The B>S :jawdrop:
IT WAS ONLY 4500RPM I HAD TACH SET ON 4CYL..MY BAD.....i wish it would run like yours.it sucks having stock cast iron bbc stuff,with a hooptie tunnel and stock dom's :cry:
tell tale dont lie. :)

disco_charger
07-23-2005, 11:32 AM
Christ Disco, what do you have in the works that would require that much gas?
Chris
You never can tell :)

FLYTE RISK
07-23-2005, 01:44 PM
IT WAS ONLY 4500RPM I HAD TACH SET ON 4CYL..MY BAD.....i wish it would run like yours.it sucks having stock cast iron bbc stuff,with a hooptie tunnel and stock dom's :cry:
tell tale dont lie. :)LOL :wink: You have a dart put it on!! :wink:

Bobbo541
07-25-2005, 10:56 AM
Da Bull, call John at John's Fuel and Carburetion in Hayward his number is 510-786-2505 .