PDA

View Full Version : New Trident Update

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, we finally got the new update out today, and it is a doozy. We had an absolute pile of returned e-mails though, so everyone probably has their spam filter on high as they usually stop everything with HTML in the body. So, bottom line is this, if you are supposed to get an update and haven't, first check your junk box, or wherever the spam filter dumps into, and if nothing is there, go ahead and re-register at http://www.tridentboats.com/register/register.cfm
Thanks for everything peeps... this is going to be an awesome summer!

HCS
07-22-2005, 10:35 AM
So dats why I don't get my updates. :idea:

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 10:40 AM
So dats why I don't get my updates. :idea:
No... we have you on a special list... ;)

mbrown2
07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
So reading between the lines your write-up seems to mention 0-60 in approximately 5 seconds...call it 6 seconds....Our you ready to stand behind that? :idea: Or did I read it wrong.
That time seems incredible for the power and weight of the hull...and the engine is a thing of beauty...to bad it has to be started :wink:

HCS
07-22-2005, 10:45 AM
No... we have you on a special list... ;)
Thanks for puttin me on the special list. I feel better now. :notam:

hoolign
07-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Wes, I regretfully inform you that the Canadian advertising for Trident has hit a wall. Actuallly a fifth wheel trailer that someone was to lazy to slide the hitch back on :D Amazing enough the only piece to survive was the chunk of glass the sticker was on :D :D

redi4fun
07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Wow
The boat seems like it rides nice and flat over the water. Cannot wait to see one up close. Great job Trident, it looks as if you hit the nail on the head.
Unfortunately for me the only Trident I will be sporting is the gear and the stickers. :cry:

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 11:10 AM
Wes, I regretfully inform you that the Canadian advertising for Trident has hit a wall. Actuallly a fifth wheel trailer that someone was to lazy to slide the hitch back on :D Amazing enough the only piece to survive was the chunk of glass the sticker was on :D :D
Well, most things we come in contact with get stronger as a result. This doesn't suprise me.
I will get you a new one right out...

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 11:13 AM
So reading between the lines your write-up seems to mention 0-60 in approximately 5 seconds...call it 6 seconds....Our you ready to stand behind that? :idea: Or did I read it wrong.
That time seems incredible for the power and weight of the hull...and the engine is a thing of beauty...to bad it has to be started :wink:
Let's just say that is a little slower than it is. And yes, we will stand behind that.
Boat weighs in right now under 3500 pounds. We need to change the impellers a little bit and it will significantly quicker.
Just read an article about a twin 850hp setup in family and performance boating in a 32 Skater with a ton of mods for holeshot performance.
Would be nice to beat that thing up handily with a single motor and a deckboat, eh? ;)

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Thanks for puttin me on the special list. I feel better now. :notam:
You should have gotten it, right? I was obviously ( I hope obviously...) kidding.
If not, I will get one right out to you. I know you have been registered since the beginning.

BajaMike
07-22-2005, 11:15 AM
Wes, the boat looks great....thanks for the update!
What is the stream of spray coming up out of the back of the boat???
http://www.tridentboats.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=45&g2_serialNumber=2
I guess i can't post the image.....
Do you know when/where you will have an on-water viewing of the boat??
:jawdrop:

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 11:16 AM
Wes, the boat looks great....thanks for the update!
What is the stream of spray coming up out of the back of the boat???
http://www.tridentboats.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:DownloadItem&g2_itemId=33&g2_serialNumber=2
Do you know when/where you will have an on-water viewing of the boat??
:jawdrop:
The stream is the oil cooler and gearbox cooler dump. It moves a lot of water for sure.
The intercooler/motor cooling goes out the exhaust.

ROZ
07-22-2005, 11:17 AM
I just received and read the articles...
SAWEEEEEEET! Ya gotta be proud bout that :)
So when does the taxi hit San VIncente again? ;) :D

LaveyJet
07-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Again, congratulations. 3 years, 9 months and 6 days is a long time to wait for your baby. A year from now no one will remember how long it took, but will notice how well it was done.
Question about the diverter, one control or two? I can see that two might make it easier to trim but might get you into trouble if you were stupid. (one up, one down). Or would it? Spin around in circles and hose down the lake lice :)

BADBLOWN572
07-22-2005, 11:20 AM
Who are you using to dial in your fuel injection system?

Wally_Gator
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Wes,
Excellent work. Still trying to convince the wife we NEED one...
Fuel Injection... Closed loop or open loop?

hoolign
07-22-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, most things we come in contact with get stronger as a result. This doesn't suprise me.
I will get you a new one right out...
350 bucks for a new rear window..and a lesson in common sence..I thought I could turn just a liiiiiitle bit more and KAPOW :D Nice lookin boat! your patience has defintley paid off..best of luck with her!

clownpuncher
07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Great update. I do notice one glaring problem with it though.........................It's too short!. I wanted to keep reading and reading about it :D
Congrats to you, Audry and the entire Team Revolution on achieving your dreams. Can't wait to see it. I may have to come down to buy some T-105's ( are you selling them?) and at the same time take a peek at this beauty.
Let me know if/when it's convenient to com e get some bats and look at the Revolution. I promise to bring my own towel to wipe of the slobber.
Roland

BLOWN HOWARD
07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey Wes i will be one of the passengers when you line that thing up against anthing that wants to embarased. Make sure you tell the competion to bring there boats on fumes and a 80lb driver cause there gonna need all the help they can get.

RiverDave
07-22-2005, 01:41 PM
Boat looks like it's coming out sweet! Congragulations again Wes.. When are you taking it to parker?
RD

Froggystyle
07-22-2005, 02:59 PM
Great update. I do notice one glaring problem with it though.........................It's too short!. I wanted to keep reading and reading about it :D
Congrats to you, Audry and the entire Team Revolution on achieving your dreams. Can't wait to see it. I may have to come down to buy some T-105's ( are you selling them?) and at the same time take a peek at this beauty.
Let me know if/when it's convenient to com e get some bats and look at the Revolution. I promise to bring my own towel to wipe of the slobber.
Roland
Anytime Roland... anytime.

mud duck
07-23-2005, 01:35 PM
75 mph @ 4,500 RPM, Wow!!
The update was to short. I want more.
Congrats!!

Froggystyle
07-23-2005, 01:58 PM
75 mph @ 4,500 RPM, Wow!!
The update was to short. I want more.
Congrats!!
We will be getting more out soon. I trimmed it down thinking everyone would hate me for writing a novel.
BTW... 72 @4400 actually.
"Where's all the pictures dude??? God is going to kill a kitten!"
Know what I mean??? ;)