PDA

View Full Version : Carpet cleaning recommendations

Robbie Racer
02-20-2002, 07:13 PM
I have a 25' Carrera 257 Effect with a snap out removable carpet. Do any of you guys have any recommendations on the best way to clean the carpet? Maybe a clothes dry cleaning service? Carpet cleaning service? Do it myself with some sort of spray on carpet cleaning stuff? Suggestions?

Stupid Fast
02-20-2002, 07:16 PM
I use a Bissle Pro Heat(for in the house) with attachments and it does a good job.
EMC

Duck
02-20-2002, 10:38 PM
In our cat we put a large cotton reverseable
rug (think bath mat) between the seats and smaller ones in front of the bench. Really helps keep the floor clean and dry. At the end of the weekend toss'em into the wash.
White stays cooler.
Duck

Craig
02-21-2002, 06:20 AM
We use a portable cleaner like stupidfast talks about. Spray a little Folex on the tough stuff. What do you have in your Carrera and how's it run? A friend of ours has one.
Craig

Laveyman
02-21-2002, 02:53 PM
I have one of those Bissel "Little Green Machines" that works awesome on boat & car carpet/upholstery, as well as spots on house carpet. Just make sure to use their cleaning solutions. Other brands don't work so well. If you have a Costco card, they have the best price on the machine. For the price of the basic unit everywhere else, at Costco, you get the super deluxe model with built-in heater.
After using the cleaning solution, I like to then flush the carpet with clean water to remove any residue the cleaning solution may leave behind.

Robbie Racer
02-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys for the suggestions. Craig, I have a blown 598" Merlin/BBC with a B-Max with a lightweight layup. I had motor problems and didn't get to finish dialing it in. I have a porpoise problem for some reason that starts around 75 mph and the only way that I have found to make it go away is to keep giving it more "up" trim. At 112 mph the porpoise is gone but the drive is trimmed up so far, I'm kicking up a rooster tail 30' tall. The prop calculator says I have 20% slip. More testing to come after I get the motor rebuilt and reinstalled this spring. Any suggestions on how to get the porpoise to go away without so much up trim would also be appreciated.

Craig
02-22-2002, 03:52 AM
Do you run any kind of tabs over the tunnel? I get my friend who has the Carrera to check out this thread and chime in!
Craig

Robbie Racer
02-22-2002, 07:39 AM
Craig, no I don't run any tunnel tabs (yet). I will install them if that is the only way that I can get the problem resolved.

B-rad502
02-26-2002, 08:01 PM
Two thumbs up on the Bissel Pro Heat steam cleaner! Makes the kid and pet stains go away in the house and works well in the boat also! Oh yeah Craig, tell T thanks for the "folex" suggestion, that stuff is great! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif