PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Day

Morg
07-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Before I was married with children
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545shasta192.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545sears7.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545dirt116t.jpg
Any other brain dead throttle twisters in here.
All I have left are a couple of scars, some brocken parts (healed limbs) & stories of how fast I used to be (delusions of grandure)

charitycase
07-22-2005, 11:22 AM
Before I was married with children
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545shasta192.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545sears7.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/545dirt116t.jpg
Any other brain dead throttle twisters in here.
All I have left are a couple of scars, some brocken parts (healed limbs) & stories of how fast I used to be (delusions of grandure)
Look,it's like motorcycles only older.J/K.we talked about this Fathers Day.You're datin yourself John.

Morg
07-22-2005, 11:36 AM
Do You think posting pics of a 90 CR & a 88 TZ are dating yourself? Whats sad is my current bike is a 94 KTM, covered in fiberglass dust.
I'm even showing how I ranked back then, Look at the numbers I was running, Starting on the 116 minute sucked.

charitycase
07-22-2005, 11:52 AM
Do You think posting pics of a 90 CR & a 88 TZ are dating yourself? Whats sad is my current bike is a 94 KTM, covered in fiberglass dust.
I'm even showing how I ranked back then, Look at the numbers I was running, Starting on the 116 minute sucked.
I'm actually kinda glad I can't find any of my old pics.ie;1977 Harley XR750 etc...

Morg
07-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I'm actually kinda glad I can't find any of my old pics.ie;1977 Harley XR750 etc...
I'm sure you looked real hard their cheif. :p

charitycase
07-22-2005, 11:57 AM
I'm sure you looked real hard their cheif. :p
John,give me your e-mail address.I got a new pic for ya

Morg
07-22-2005, 12:08 PM
check PM's
Are you sure you can trust me :) :)

AZKC
07-22-2005, 12:14 PM
I've got pics of me on alot of old iron.... chrome tank Hodakas, YZ465, 82 CR250, even did 3 wheels on the 1st year for 250R. They got lost in the great Image Center melt down. :mad: But I'll find a few later. ;)

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 12:31 PM
John,give me your e-mail address.I got a new pic for ya
What pic?

Racer277
07-22-2005, 12:32 PM
Cool TZ, Sonoma?

Morg
07-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Cool TZ, Sonoma?
Yup turn 7 @ Sears

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Here's me on my 1988 CR250 back in the day...1999
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10972come_on_little_kid.JPG

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10972jump.JPG

Morg
07-22-2005, 12:45 PM
Go girl
There we go, very impresize.
Are you faster than Casey?????? :lightsabe

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Here's me racing my dad..He's on the right.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2473jump_w_dad.JPG

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 01:02 PM
Go girl
There we go, very impresize.
Are you faster than Casey?????? :lightsabe
Yes. On the track and in the hills...BUT He is way faster in the desert and on the fire roads.

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Blurry, but here's me on my NEWER bike 2001 CR250.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10972DSCF0041-med.JPG
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10972DSCF0043.JPG
Scroll up.. I posted a few.

Morg
07-22-2005, 01:24 PM
Here's me racing my dad..He's on the right.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2473jump_w_dad.JPG
Dady's little girl.
Your dad looks left handed.
Sounds like Casey is a flat tracker.
I dig tight woods myself. Still trying to get used to open desert. back in 95 I got into a high speed woble on my 90 CR it bucked me off, tore up my shoulder pretty good. That was the last time I rode that bike.

charitycase
07-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Dady's little girl.
Your dad looks left handed.
Sounds like Casey is a flat tracker.
I dig tight woods myself. Still trying to get used to open desert. back in 95 I got into a high speed woble on my 90 CR it bucked me off, tore up my shoulder pretty good. That was the last time I rode that bike.
Flat Tracker?Was it the XR 750 post that gave it away.There's nothin like slidin at 70+ feet on the pegs.Super motard came out 10 yrs too late.

Mrs.charitycase
07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
He's right handed...I think he was getting too close to the side.. And trying not to crowd me... Casey is a flat tracker. You should see him ride. He's good. I don't like the desert. Flat tracking is cool. I play on the flat track at hollister..It's funny to race the guys..Actually...Race the guys in general. It's funny. Oh and YES I hate crashing going fast it sucks!

superdave013
07-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Dang, maybe someday I can get an engine. But this is my ride these days. Not quite as fast as those motos but still pretty fun. I hope to get up to Nor Cal to ride North Star pretty soon.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48complete_and_dirty.JPG

wsuwrhr
07-22-2005, 02:56 PM
TZ was a 750 right?
I would love to ride a two stroke street bike.
Brian

Racer277
07-22-2005, 03:08 PM
TZ was a 750 right?
Brian
TZ250
The 750 had a steel frame, much earlier.
Don't know the year they stopped making TZ750's.
Class, anyone??
I did just see alot of RG's and RZ's at Laguna Seca. 20 years old and they still attract more of a crowd than a new Ducati... :D
Even a couple H1's - very old school.

Morg
07-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Dave,
That bike looks kick ass. It probably has more travel then my 94 KTM.
Brian,
My TZ was a 250. & I do mean was. I wadded it up pretty good in turn 1 @ Sears point.

Racer277
07-22-2005, 03:11 PM
That was a bad place, glad you're still here.

Morg
07-22-2005, 03:13 PM
Its amazing how soft hay bailes are & how hard old tires tied together are.
I was lucky, walked away with a little less skin on my elbow.

Cowboy Bob
07-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Very Nice!
That neon gear is cool as hell.
Anytime you feel like jumping back into the sport and doing a little District 37 Desert Racing, you are always welcome at the Desert M/C Camp as a "Guest Rider".
It's still just as much fun out there as it used to be.
"Cowboy" Bob Furman
V14X

Racer277
07-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Right on Cowboy Bob!
I'll take you up on that offer, the beginning of next year.
I'm finishing out a self-imposed 1 year hiatus from racing, and hating every f'n minute of it...

superdave013
07-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Dave,
That bike looks kick ass. It probably has more travel then my 94 KTM.
I doubt it but I bet it's close. That one has 8" front and 9" of rear wheel travel.

Morg
07-23-2005, 12:44 PM
I doubt it but I bet it's close. That one has 8" front and 9" of rear wheel travel.
Dave,
8" & 9" seems huge for a bike. Is that pretty much just a down hill deal?
How common is that?

FlatStupid
07-23-2005, 12:52 PM
CHECKERS MC all through the seventies! District 37 and all the Score stuff. Fun and Stupid :rollside:

Morg
07-23-2005, 12:55 PM
TZ was a 750 right?
Brian
Brian,
2 stroke street bikes are a bit different. I rode my buddies GSXR around sears, It felt like a point & shoot type of deal as compared to my TZ which was all about momentum. I felt pretty comfy pushing the front in & sliding the rear out on my TZ.
I could slide the rear on the exit but was pretty gentle entering the turns with the Gx'r. The Gx'r just felt huge. It did have the kick you in the ass acceleration out of the turns after you got it stood up.
Dam I miss racing street bikes. By far the biggest rush I ever found.

Morg
07-23-2005, 12:56 PM
CHECKERS MC all through the seventies! District 37 and all the Score stuff. Fun and Stupid :rollside:
Lets see some pics

wsuwrhr
07-23-2005, 05:30 PM
Brian,
2 stroke street bikes are a bit different. I rode my buddies GSXR around sears, It felt like a point & shoot type of deal as compared to my TZ which was all about momentum. I felt pretty comfy pushing the front in & sliding the rear out on my TZ.
I could slide the rear on the exit but was pretty gentle entering the turns with the Gx'r. The Gx'r just felt huge. It did have the kick you in the ass acceleration out of the turns after you got it stood up.
Dam I miss racing street bikes. By far the biggest rush I ever found.
I don't know shit about TZ, I am guessing the 250 is a single cylinder. I always thought they accelerated pretty good.
I guess I am stuck on 900's now.
Brian

O.B eddie
07-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Yeah those bring back some good memories, racing at ASCOT on thursday night's in Gardena, and if any recall's INDIAN DUNES in santa clarita on the weekend's!! Good ole day's!! HEE HAWW :crossx: I had a rd 400 2stroke damn sure wish I still had it

Morg
07-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I don't know shit about TZ, I am guessing the 250 is a single cylinder. I always thought they accelerated pretty good.
I guess I am stuck on 900's now.
Brian
Brian,
Yes the TZ accelerates off the line real hard. I would hold the thing wide open & just get the clutch all the way out before grabbing second, then just apply a little rear brake to keep the front just off the ground. The 2 strokes are so lite they get going pretty quick. I could be real aggresize with the throttle exiting corners. But compared to something like your 900 where you sort of find that sweet spot on the throttle while coming out of turns, Loading the rear & feeling it shake as it starts to lose traction, while still having more throttle.
As far as braking, the 2 strokes are un-real. not only could you brake late cause of the weight, you can also turn the things in while still on the brakes hard, again with the light weight mine seemed to be real pradictable. And if you did get in to hot, you could just crack the throttle & load the rear.
Don't mean to ramble on about this deal, I just miss the shit out of it. I also realize I could never do it again.

ACCEPTENCE
07-23-2005, 06:54 PM
and if any recall's INDIAN DUNES in santa clarita on the weekend's!!
INDIAN DUNES was the place back in the day!!!
Off the 126 on the way to piru lake.
I don't know what ever came of that place, I'll bet condos by now.

ColeTR2
07-23-2005, 07:55 PM
Last year I got a new dirt bike! I had not been on a dirt bike for twenty years. ItÂ’s never to late to have fun, riding came right back to me. If any of you guys ever what to go riding in Parker let me know there is hundreds of miles to explore?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/738zmike1.jpg

wsuwrhr
07-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Brian,
Yes the TZ accelerates off the line real hard. I would hold the thing wide open & just get the clutch all the way out before grabbing second, then just apply a little rear brake to keep the front just off the ground. The 2 strokes are so lite they get going pretty quick. I could be real aggresize with the throttle exiting corners. But compared to something like your 900 where you sort of find that sweet spot on the throttle while coming out of turns, Loading the rear & feeling it shake as it starts to lose traction, while still having more throttle.
As far as braking, the 2 strokes are un-real. not only could you brake late cause of the weight, you can also turn the things in while still on the brakes hard, again with the light weight mine seemed to be real pradictable. And if you did get in to hot, you could just crack the throttle & load the rear.
Don't mean to ramble on about this deal, I just miss the shit out of it. I also realize I could never do it again.
Ramble on bud, I love hearing about anything two stroke.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-23-2005, 08:08 PM
I ALWAYS wanted to roadrace, and I am so close to Willow that I could taste it. I have rode dirtbikes since I was a tike, I begged my Dad to buy me an '80 CR80R.
I have a very good friend of mine that is in a wheelchair since his late 20's from a motorcycle racing accident. Seeing what he has to go through everyday, I decided I would be happy just being able to ride.
I know it can always happen, but on a race track you are riding at 110%.
I know my way around a corner, but I have always had limits.
I can respect anyone hanging it out there on a road course, and I will always wonder how I could have faired up against the best of them.
I like threads like this. We all share alot of common interests.
Brian

Morg
07-23-2005, 08:42 PM
I ALWAYS wanted to roadrace, and I am so close to Willow that I could taste it. I have rode dirtbikes since I was a tike, I begged my Dad to buy me an '80 CR80R.
I have a very good friend of mine that is in a wheelchair since his late 20's from a motorcycle racing accident. Seeing what he has to go through everyday, I decided I would be happy just being able to ride.
I know it can always happen, but on a race track you are riding at 110%.
I know my way around a corner, but I have always had limits.
I can respect anyone hanging it out there on a road course, and I will always wonder how I could have faired up against the best of them.
I like threads like this. We all share alot of common interests.
Brian
Like I said above roadracing was the most amazing thing I had ever done. To slide a road bike through a turn or drag your knee through turn 9 at sears point somewhere above 110 mph can be described but just like anything else the real thing would have to be experienced.
Problem is, you are going to crash period, let make this perfectly clear. you are going to crash. Most of the time its no big deal just a little skin & cosmetic stuff. Unfortunatly like you said, being around road racing you always know someone who has gotten hurt pretty bad. I started to think about getting hurt & After a good friend of mine got hurt, watching what his family wen't through I knew I was done.
Enough about that.
Dirt bikes on the other hand, Not quite as intense but I can trully say- More fun. Something about floating through tight woods, Locking up the rear going into a hair pin turn, dumping the clutch & launching out. Or maybe bumping into your buddys rear tire with your front while yelling "Does your husband ride bikes?"
Can't do the roadracing thing anymore, but I'm pretty sure I'll get back into dirt one of these days.

wsuwrhr
07-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Problem is, you are going to crash period, let make this perfectly clear. you are going to crash. Most of the time its no big deal just a little skin & cosmetic stuff. Unfortunatly like you said, being around road racing you always know someone who has gotten hurt pretty bad. I started to think about getting hurt & After a good friend of mine got hurt, watching what his family wen't through I knew I was done.
Been down before hard, dirt and street, it is not fun and while it is happening, it is very frightful. You never know the outcome.
I won't ever give it up though, I love it too much.
Brian

BIGAMIST
07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
My Grandpa.......Checker for life :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Ewing.JPG

78Eliminator
07-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I have pics, but I will have to scan them. I grew up on the coast, but was more interested in riding motorcycles in the desert than surfing in high school. Will post them later.

Jet City
07-24-2005, 03:19 AM
This is a really cool thread, I could probably dredge up pics of me on my old '81 RM 250 or '86 CR500 complete with neon gear (was all the rage in the day), I used to race Moto-Cross, Desert and even a couple ISDE's, just like Morg mentioned I also have a dust covered bike ('93 YZ250) in the garage with 2002 ORV tags, the fact that the suspension is set-up for a guy 40 lbs lighter than me should be telling me to start riding again!

Morg
07-24-2005, 07:15 AM
I won't ever give it up though, I love it too much.
Brian
Brian, When I say I had to give it up, I'm pretty much talking about racing. I did some street riding after I got off the track. Truthfully I was very uncomfortable on the street. To many curbs & not enough hay. My wife describes me as having a berth defect, I have a hard time not pushing things at 100%. I never actually owened a street bike. Both of my "street bike" were race only.
Bigamist,
Now this is back in the day.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Ewing.JPG
I have so much respect for the riders of this erra.
JCR,
lets see um.
Years ago myself & a bunch of friends were riding the "Hangover Classic" on new years day. It was a 1 hour timed deal on a 2.5 mile moto track. I ran in the 250 class on my CR. A good friend of mine ran the next race, open class on his 86 CR 500. He made it to the half way point & was done. He pulled in & offered the bike to anyone. One of my buddy's grabbed the 500 & took off. Tim layed on the ground & was steaming, I had never seen someone so done. Well 3-4 of us managed just a lap on his bike, It was just rediculas to ride, I realized the suspension was in dire need of rebuilding. I was the last victum. I came in & there was nobody else. Tim got off the ground called us all pussy's & finiched the race.

AZKC
07-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Around 1982, ck out the full pant Lancer's (I still have them) :D And the helmet(Hondaline)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25honda_holeshot.jpg

AZKC
07-24-2005, 07:37 AM
Even pulled a few wins off every now and then. This YZ465 was a beast :cool: Around 1980/81
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25mx_trophy.jpg

AZKC
07-24-2005, 07:43 AM
Kinda off topic, but it is the vdrive forum :shift: This is around 1983 at the World of Wheels in Tucson. The Vette was painted to match the boat and it also was hitched up to it :eek: Beck's sportin the big 80's hair and my son wants to go for a ride :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25vette.jpg

Jet City
07-24-2005, 07:51 AM
Brian, When I say I had to give it up, I'm pretty much talking about racing. I did some street riding after I got off the track. Truthfully I was very uncomfortable on the street. To many curbs & not enough hay. My wife describes me as having a berth defect, I have a hard time not pushing things at 100%. I never actually owened a street bike. Both of my "street bike" were race only.
Bigamist,
Now this is back in the day.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121Ewing.JPG
I have so much respect for the riders of this erra.
JCR,
lets see um.
Years ago myself & a bunch of friends were riding the "Hangover Classic" on new years day. It was a 1 hour timed deal on a 2.5 mile moto track. I ran in the 250 class on my CR. A good friend of mine ran the next race, open class on his 86 CR 500. He made it to the half way point & was done. He pulled in & offered the bike to anyone. One of my buddy's grabbed the 500 & took off. Tim layed on the ground & was steaming, I had never seen someone so done. Well 3-4 of us managed just a lap on his bike, It was just rediculas to ride, I realized the suspension was in dire need of rebuilding. I was the last victum. I came in & there was nobody else. Tim got off the ground called us all pussy's & finiched the race.
I'll try to dig 'em up. I agree about the old "no suspension" bikes, the guys that raced the 4" travel bikes were iron men, my first bike was my uncles old race bike from the early '70's, he placed second in the Mint 400 on that bike, it was a '72 Montessa King Scorpion 250 (Spanish brother to the Bultaco and Ossa). The thing about those old bikes, they had light switch powerbands and no suspension, I got that bike when I was 12, it was a handful to say the least.
The CR500 of the mid '80's also had a lightswitchy powerband, a bad thing with that much power, we used to have a race called the "nasty wench", it was also a timed event that used the Moto coarse, road coarse and surrounding trails, trying to pilot that CR500 thru the chicanes of the road coarse in the fall (snotty leaves) was a riot. The desert and sand was the only place the 500's were really faster than a 250, that CR500 with a 12 scoop paddle in the dunes was really something, power wheelies in 5th gear! Sorry for the rant, this thread really brought back some memories. How many of you guys started on a Honda CT-70? Mine was metallic red. ;)

wsuwrhr
07-24-2005, 07:54 AM
I didn't mean my comment as a dig, by any means, sorry if you took it that way.
Brian

Morg
07-24-2005, 07:59 AM
Even pulled a few wins off every now and then. This YZ465 was a beast :cool: Around 1980/81
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25mx_trophy.jpg
There it is, Winning on a YZ 465. Absolutly classic.
My first bike was a 79 yz 80, Seing the pic of your 465 with the mono shock brings back memories.
The pic of the flat being pulled by vette. Also classic style for the day. I remember seing a blue flat being pulled by a vette, sometime in the late 70's. As a 10 year old kid I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Morg
07-24-2005, 08:10 AM
I didn't mean my comment as a dig, by any means, sorry if you took it that way.
Brian
I did not take it tht way at all. Just elaborating that I did not trust myself on the street & if I was on the track I could not trust myself to take it easy.
The last time I rode on the track a buddy of mine let me run his 996 around Laguna for a few laps. On the third lap I got a big woble going over the hill just past the start finish. While braking into one with the rear still out of shape, It clicked in my head that maybe if I'm going to throw a 16K bike down, it should not be my buddies bike. I clicked into 4th gear & pretty much idled around the track.
But I must say that was the one & only time I rode a duck. It was ever so nice, That thing would grunt out of the turns.

wsuwrhr
07-24-2005, 08:14 AM
I did not take it tht way at all. Just elaborating that I did not trust myself on the street & if I was on the track I could not trust myself to take it easy.
The last time I rode on the track a buddy of mine let me run his 996 around Laguna for a few laps. On the third lap I got a big woble going over the hill just past the start finish. While braking into one with the rear still out of shape, It clicked in my head that maybe if I'm going to throw a 16K bike down, it should not be my buddies bike. I clicked into 4th gear & pretty much idled around the track.
But I must say that was the one & only time I rode a duck. It was ever so nice, That thing would grunt out of the turns.
I have been threatening my wife that I will buy a Duck someday. Something about the sound is just badass. 851,916,996.
I hear you on crashing a 16K bike that isn't yours.
Lucky you got to throw a leg over it.
Brian

Morg
07-24-2005, 08:28 AM
I have been threatening my wife that I will buy a Duck someday. Something about the sound is just badass. 851,916,996.
I hear you on crashing a 16K bike that isn't yours.
Lucky you got to throw a leg over it.
Brian
One of the guys I met while racing ended up on a factory duck. He was team mates with Russel the year Scott got hurt at Daytona. My buddy Steve told me the factory duck was just rediculas. I was impressed with the stock bike I could not imagine a factory bike. & yes I was real fortunate to have the chance to ride the one I did.

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 01:38 PM
El Mirage 1969
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010166.JPG

superdave013
07-24-2005, 02:11 PM
Is anyone else humming the "Any Sunday" tune right now?
Cool thread

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:14 PM
Is anyone else humming the "Any Sunday" tune right now?
Cool thread
The pics I posted above plus many of my other family members are all over that movie :D

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:18 PM
Team USA
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010167.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010168.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Top of Balboa Blvd 1964
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010169.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:27 PM
A pic of myself :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010171.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010170.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:33 PM
Hope I didn't jack the thread :D cause I got more.

Morg
07-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Go Man Go.
I'm digg'n all the cool old school pics. Keep posting.
I've got some on bike footage of going around Sears point. Need to try & figure out a way to get it on here. It of course was way before the days of digital.

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:57 PM
.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010173.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 02:59 PM
,http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010172.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 03:17 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010162.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 03:22 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010163k.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 03:23 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010165.JPG

ColeTR2
07-24-2005, 03:30 PM
,http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010172.JPG
You have to love the down pipe!! My TM-125 had one talk about loud

Kindsvater Flat
07-24-2005, 04:26 PM
VDV pics
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/motor/2356Hotrods.jpg
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/motor/2356hotrods2.jpg

Racer277
07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
Biggy, this is now my favorite thread ever!
Now, what's with the jeans and the Bates (?) Leathers?
Then you stole Pee Wee Gleason's pants?
Sweet!
A pic of myself :D
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010171.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010170.JPG

Racer277
07-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Dia's sure the guy on the left is related to you!
These are awesome!
Top of Balboa Blvd 1964
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010169.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 05:45 PM
Dad on left........Grandpa on right. :wink:

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 05:51 PM
Biggy, this is now my favorite thread ever!
Now, what's with the jeans and the Bates (?) Leathers?
Then you stole Pee Wee Gleason's pants?
Sweet!
Didn't need full leathers to ride my bike @ the track,not fast enough.The 2nd picture was my friends bike that I road all the time,more than fast enough per track & club rules.

Racer277
07-24-2005, 05:58 PM
The 2nd picture was my friends bike that I road all the time,more than fast enough per track & club rules.
I'm sure of that! I'm Diggin your KZ and the GS!

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:06 PM
I'm sure of that! I'm Diggin your KZ and the GS!
Copy that! :D Still got the Z1R in storage :D

BIGCHRIS
07-24-2005, 06:14 PM
Copy that! :D Still got the Z1R in storage :D
I am a big bike fan also love the old Z-1 and the K-Zs :D

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:25 PM
I am a big bike fan also love the old Z-1 and the K-Zs :D
Then you'll like this
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010165e.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:27 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010166a.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:34 PM
My kart..........the Dunes 1983
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010164d.JPG

coolchange
07-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Isn't that Taskers bike?

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Isn't that Taskers bike?
Yes...........& who would you be? :D

coolchange
07-24-2005, 06:45 PM
Oh..just a guy who knows a guy...

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Oh..just a guy who knows a guy...
Ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh................you're the guy who lives in Northridge...........I know a guy who knows a guy also :D

coolchange
07-24-2005, 06:54 PM
Used to live in GH, now Santa Clarita. Friend of Mike Larose. Craigs Dad Stuccoed my Dads house also.

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 06:56 PM
Used to live in GH, now Santa Clarita. Friend of Mike Larose. Craigs Dad Stuccoed my Dads house also.
I didn't know Mike had friends :D :D does he still have the orange Luv truck?

coolchange
07-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Ya, it now has a tall deck 512 with a PG, super chiefs, squeezin..

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Ya, it now has a tall deck 512 with a PG, super chiefs, squeezin..
Got any pics of it??? I havn't seen that thing in 10 or 15 years.

Mrs.Racer277
07-24-2005, 07:14 PM
Biggi those are some awesome pics. I love the old school bikes. Dang I miss racing Sean took this year off.

coolchange
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
My scanners dead, but it looks the same with cage bars out the back, rollin M&Hs and a hard tonneau with pro truck wing out back. Cool pics. Was that a B44 or B50 in the pics of yur Dad. I still have a TR5MX (Triumph version of the B50 when BSA folded) that I vintage raced until about '98. Then I broke my pelvis and quit riding. (sort of)

Mrs.Racer277
07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10972jump.JPG
Mrs. CC you are bad A$$. OMG!!! That is crazy riding. I scream if I get off the ground on my dirt bike. :220v: :)

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 07:18 PM
Coolchange....Mike painted my Z1R, pictured above

coolchange
07-24-2005, 07:44 PM
Are you the other T in Tand T? I remember Mike talkin about your bike but I don't think I ever saw it.

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 09:02 PM
Are you the other T in Tand T? I remember Mike talkin about your bike but I don't think I ever saw it.
No on the T, If you ever went by Craig's house or the street races back then you probably saw it :)

BIGAMIST
07-24-2005, 09:34 PM
How bout some 60s & 70s paint jobs
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010168q.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010169q.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010170q.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010171q.JPG

Sherpa
07-25-2005, 06:49 AM
this thread evolved into one of the best I've seen here............
--Mrs Charity Case: AWESOME shots of you riding...... I'd loooove to ride
next to you at Holister.... (seriously doubt I could keep up your pace though)
I remember the first time On Any Sunday ever was shown on TV...... saw it
that night, and it's been my favorite movie ever since.....
grew up riding a little 5horse mini bike..... then got a Honda SL 70 for Chirstmas one year.... I never should have sold that little bike...... then onto
a 1970 Yamaha 175 enduro... My brotherinlaw (who used to race shortrack)
bored it, did alot of port work on it, and found me a pipe for it made it into
a nice bike...... rode it till I got hit on it in town....... sold it 2 weeks later.
I used to work at CycleLand Speedway back when I was only about 12. I got
to run the pit gate... letting riders off the track after their event.... that and
I got to drive a seriously-huge old cadilliac ambulance to pack the track during
intermission....... that was alot of fun............
I remember our local Honda dealer (Bill Brownell Honda) having about 4 (new)
but 4-5 years from build-date New Bultaco Astro's flat track bikes............
If somebody only knew back then to just buy them and store-em away in a
cool dry place...........
--Excellent thread!
--Sherpa

Kindsvater Flat
07-25-2005, 07:05 AM
So Sherpa... I take it you know Lowell Moural? (sp)

Morg
07-25-2005, 08:08 AM
Made an escape yesterday & went diving up at Tahoe. Great to get see all the picks this morning.
Biggy, I dig the shot of your dad smoking a cigarette on the bike. I also dig the distributer hanging off the case on the drag bike.
I remember the first time I saw a green KZ. I think I was around 10 years old. Back then I thought it was so cool.
There is a guy that lives around me that has one of the new KZ's that have the retro paint. Definatly a cool deal.
BTW- the pic of the kart is cool, you can see your foot on the gas.

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 08:18 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010173q.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Made an escape yesterday & went diving up at Tahoe. Great to get see all the picks this morning.
Biggy, I dig the shot of your dad smoking a cigarette on the bike. I also dig the distributer hanging off the case on the drag bike.
I remember the first time I saw a green KZ. I think I was around 10 years old. Back then I thought it was so cool.
There is a guy that lives around me that has one of the new KZ's that have the retro paint. Definatly a cool deal.
BTW- the pic of the kart is cool, you can see your foot on the gas.

Jet City
07-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Bigamist, those pics are bad as hell! I was probably in about 2nd grade when "On any Sunday" came out, a friends Dad took a bunch of us to the drive-in to see that double featured with "Funny car Summer"! Those pics remind me of that time.

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 08:52 AM
Got to much shit :)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010176.JPG

wsuwrhr
07-25-2005, 09:01 AM
2 or 3 days and 5 pages later

Morg
07-25-2005, 10:25 AM
Speedvision is showing AMA superbikes from Lexington.
Zemke & Spies are having a ding dong battle.
Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you miss it, watch the highlites

Kurtis500
07-25-2005, 01:32 PM
Kinda off topic, but it is the vdrive forum :shift: This is around 1983 at the World of Wheels in Tucson. The Vette was painted to match the boat and it also was hitched up to it :eek: Beck's sportin the big 80's hair and my son wants to go for a ride :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/25vette.jpg
WOW!!! Thats my friends boat! Ron Low built that boat up for show. He ran it at Apache Lake for years pulling us skiiers. The name of that boat is the 'Killer Rat' (see the license plate) and he later put injection and a wing on it. My dad named his hemi powered boat 'Rat Killer' in response. The boat was perfect in every way. No one could ever beat the detailed work he put in that boat, only match it at best. That white/orange lifeline jacket in front of the tire is the one I wore for my first two races. Ron was a close friend of ours and we spent many days and nights at the lake and at parties with him. He was a huge person, 6'6 285 and almost went into that fake wrestling for a career. He had a big heart and was the most generous person you could ever meet. (we still regularly use about 6 of his wedding gifts to us) Unfortunantly he passed away on my birthday 2 years ago. Thanks for putting up that picture, brings back some good memories.

Sherpa
07-25-2005, 03:32 PM
So Sherpa... I take it you know Lowell Moural? (sp)
Yeah KF, I know Lowell.......... he used to be an awesome shortrack rider back
in the day.... and always was a nice guy back then too. When John and
Myrna Sudberry bought the track, my sisters went to school with their daughter, and I got invited to come and work too. I even got paid to run the
pit gate.... 10 bucks a nite... shoot, I would have paid them to let me just
be there.......... I can't even tell you how much fun it was being about 13
driving those huge caddies during intermission.... I came home after the first
time and told my dad I was driving those big old cars.... he about flipped.
He couldn't beleive they let me.. I had told them I had been driving for a long
time..... hehe.....
Lowell is also a very good painter....... I think he hung that up about the time
he bought Cycle Land......
Hey KF, you being a farmer and all, do you know any of the Juanarena's
from Chico-?
--Sherpa

Kindsvater Flat
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Lowell pretty much does motocross and the little outlaw karts now. Lowell jr was kicking ass in motocross and flat track as a kid. Even got into sprints at Silver Dollar.
You talking about Pat & Larry?

Sherpa
07-25-2005, 04:41 PM
Lowell pretty much does motocross and the little outlaw karts now. Lowell jr was kicking ass in motocross and flat track as a kid. Even got into sprints at Silver Dollar.
You talking about Pat & Larry?
I know Pat and Larry. try and stay with me on this:
Dan and Berniece J. Dan and Larry are brothers. Greg, Danny, and Linda
are Dan's kids. Greg is my brotherinlaw.......... (hope he doesn't mind me
posting this stuff on the net).......
--Sherpa if you know Greg, you most likely know who my sister is.
you probably know Mark and Drena Drane..........-?

Kindsvater Flat
07-25-2005, 05:59 PM
I just know Pat & Larry. Larry couldn't stay into retirement and just bought the old steak house in Willows.
Don't know the Dranes.

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:34 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010177.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:35 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010178.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:37 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010179.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010180.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:40 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010181.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:41 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010182.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:43 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010183.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:45 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010184.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:46 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010185.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 09:48 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010186.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 10:42 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010176gh.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-25-2005, 10:44 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010177hg.JPG

Racer277
07-26-2005, 07:42 AM
Awesome Biggy, Keep them coming!

superdave013
07-26-2005, 09:31 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010185.JPG
Just look at how hard core that is. No leathers, no pads or armor, heck, not even gloves. Just a t shirt, open face helmet and some big brass ones!

Racer277
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
And some guy hot on his ass wearing cheetah print!!
Man, desert guys never change LOL!
:D :D

BIGAMIST
07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010164.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-26-2005, 02:11 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010165U.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010166A.JPG

Racer277
07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
Sweet, we were all 'Pie Plater's' once.
:D

superdave013
07-28-2005, 08:43 AM
we need our fix. Big, please did a little deeper in the photo chest!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010176.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-28-2005, 08:59 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010167FF.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-28-2005, 09:01 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010168FF.JPG

BIGAMIST
07-28-2005, 09:04 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121P1010169FF.JPG