PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the balls to shoe this thing?

CrazyHippy
07-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Takes a special kinda man (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/4/80052254.htm)
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/213/353819/00464607602.jpg
I like it, throw some HP at it, and no one can laugh :D
BJH

jdf
07-22-2005, 12:56 PM
hey is this tom brown's boat

Racer277
07-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Sweet! My wife would put a MaryKay sticker on the side.
I always wanted her to get me one of those caddy's...

Squirtin Thunder
07-22-2005, 12:57 PM
Takes a special kinda man (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/5/4/80052254.htm)
BJH
That thing is cool !!!! Maybe a big Blower sticking out would help !!!

CrazyHippy
07-22-2005, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking name it something like "Smells like fish"
Or possibly "Pepto"
BJH

Michael Minegar
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
Are those a splash of the Spectra???

Mrs.Racer277
07-22-2005, 01:00 PM
I LOVE IT!!!! :D :D

CrazyHippy
07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
I LOVE IT!!!! :D :D
NEWS FLASH, you're a chick, you should :idea: :D :shift:
BJH

riverbound
07-22-2005, 01:06 PM
wIth all the recent threads questioning my preferances. I woudl have to say no I wouldnt. But other than that It looks like a bitchen boat (excluding colors)

schiada96
07-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Hey I know exactly where that boat is. And yes you would have to be a special man to run it

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-22-2005, 01:10 PM
BJH
Considering what you look like currently (giving lucky a ride), it's definately a step up. LMAO!!! :D :D :D
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_wack%20job.jpg

SPECTRABRENT
07-22-2005, 01:17 PM
BJH
That boat was in ***boat about 14 years ago. The owner did a total resto, it was an old Coast Guard boat in the early 1970's. I would say it worth what the guy was asking!
Brent

schiada96
07-22-2005, 01:54 PM
I was wondering if the coast guard thing was going to come up.

Her454
07-22-2005, 02:01 PM
NEWS FLASH, you're a chick, you should :idea: :D :shift:
BJH
I dont.... :yuk: :rollside:

superdave013
07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
Hot Damn! I'd wear my pink Speedo if I was out on that! :rolleyes:

CrazyHippy
07-22-2005, 02:11 PM
It's official... Not a Chick :devil:
Ok i kid...
Imagine it w/ a PSI sticking out the hatch now :boxed: Is that better?
BJH

olbiezer
07-22-2005, 02:48 PM
a man would have to be very confident in his masculinity to shoe that boat.......but a blown 468 would definetly help yeee haaaa

Her454
07-22-2005, 03:14 PM
It's official... Not a Chick :devil:
Ok i kid...
:cry: I didnt know it was being questioned :o
Imagine it w/ a PSI sticking out the hatch now :boxed: Is that better?
BJH
A little less pink, a little more hp & Bling. Otherwise, its ....cute.

dmontzsta
07-22-2005, 03:56 PM
I would love to see a hot chick own that thing, it would be damn sexy!

Sangerboy
07-22-2005, 05:14 PM
hmmmm, it's close by, :idea: better give eraser a call, might look good paired up next to the BBC Daytona :eek:

One Eyed Jack
07-22-2005, 05:39 PM
BJH
good looking boat
rims on the trailer are kind of gay
maybe fly a pirate flag from the stern
capt jolly roger

BGMAN203
07-22-2005, 05:54 PM
That boat was in ***boat about 14 years ago. The owner did a total resto, it was an old Coast Guard boat in the early 1970's. I would say it worth what the guy was asking!
Brent
Brent,
How can you tell it was a Coast Guard boat vs. a pleasure boat???

SCHIADA 21 RC
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM
I am a bit confused. The boat is listed in the Trader as a 1989. I can see it being in Hot Boat 14 years ago. What I can’t figure out is how it can be an early 70s Coast Guard boat that has been restored and be listed as a1989 in the Trader. I am not trying to give you a bad time I am just curious. I also completely agree with you about it being worth the asking price.

Norseman
07-22-2005, 06:17 PM
BJH
I'd like to see what they towed it with???
Pink 59 Caddy or Pink Ford Crewcab Dually??? :idea:
What do you think :D :D
I had a 68 Mustang in High School that color. It was a Mary Kay car, I got a real good deal on it, they couldn't sell it because of the color. Of course it went to Earl Shieb for a quick paint job pretty quick!!!! :D

wsuwrhr
07-22-2005, 06:27 PM
Billy B is talking about a new paint job for the Ol' K-K's Express.
I think he may have just found the color scheme.
CA'MON Bling Bling......
Brian

SPECTRABRENT
07-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I am a bit confused. The boat is listed in the Trader as a 1989. I can see it being in Hot Boat 14 years ago. What I can’t figure out is how it can be an early 70s Coast Guard boat that has been restored and be listed as a1989 in the Trader. I am not trying to give you a bad time I am just curious. I also completely agree with you about it being worth the asking price.
I do know its a Coast Guard Boat because of the HB magazine article in 1990 or 1991. The Coast Guard boats that Spectra built were in the early 1970's, so it was built in the early 70's (I dont know what year). As for the boat trader ad being a 1989 I dont know, maybe his insurance says its a 1989 for value purposes? I do know that Spectra was in business from 1969 to
The only difference from the Coast Guard Spectras & Spectras sold to the public was the wide stipe on each side with the Coast Guard logo and the other was the right hand rotating props.
Brent

SPECTRABRENT
07-22-2005, 08:33 PM
The hull is a 1973.
The ***boat Magazine was July 1991.
Brent

eraser
07-22-2005, 09:32 PM
hmmmm, it's close by, :idea: better give eraser a call, might look good paired up next to the BBC Daytona :eek:
damn straight it would, go get it! Ive got the stones to shoe that rig, besides its mostly white!!! definately no problema!!! :D :D

Ex PSI Canyon
07-23-2005, 06:03 AM
The hull looks alot like my 89 Hallett, kinda hard to see from the photos

superdave013
07-23-2005, 06:54 AM
damn straight it would, go get it! Ive got the stones to shoe that rig, besides its mostly white!!! definately no problema!!! :D :D
You should pick it up. Could name it HUGE BEEF CURTAINS! :D

Jetboatguru
07-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Labia minora
and Labia majora

WILDERTHANU
07-23-2005, 08:27 AM
I think I'm gonna throw up.....

rrrr
07-23-2005, 08:52 AM
You should pick it up. Could name it HUGE BEEF CURTAINS! :D
I was thinking "The Biscuit Snatcher", or "Hot Roddin".
I can see it now...... "Hey, what are all these stains in the carpet?"
:yuk: :yuk: :D :D

Jordy
07-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Labia minora
and Labia majora
Is one the boat and the other the trailer??? :D :D :D

SCHIADA 21 RC
07-24-2005, 06:10 AM
Spectrabrent, Thanks for the info.

tickled pink
07-26-2005, 06:53 PM
It takes a masculine man, his wife, their 3 boys and one on the way to ride this hot boat!

tickled pink
07-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Hot Damn! I'd wear my pink Speedo if I was out on that! :rolleyes:
We do!

disco_charger
07-26-2005, 07:27 PM
You the seller or did you buy it. I started thinking about it. I kind of always gravitate towards something that turns everyone else off. :hammerhea The wife and I are thinking about stepping up to a cruiser and that's right in the price range.

nitrofuel
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Every chic at the lake more than likely loved the boat and rode around with him all day.

bigkatboat
07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
I know that boat, back in '88-89, I did rewiring and some 'tweeks' to it. I did not like the 'water injected headers' under the motor cover, but the owner NEVER CHEAPED OUT! He built the boat to please his wife and himself. It had everything that was available at the time, and 'as long as it was pink' he could do it up. Look past the color, and really look at the condition of the boat, you can always change the color. Many of you here have recolored your boats, so why not this one? That boat ran very well (back in my time) and should not have changed over the years. You could buy a 'blue boat' that needs MAJOR work, or you could buy a 'pink boat' and run well. If you have the Hot Boat artical, we were mentioned in it.

BGMAN203
07-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Belive it or not, I went and looked at the boat (before this thread started) with a friend of mine about 2 weeks ago. My buddy was looking beyond the color, and just really interested in good hardware. The guy lied to us by telling us that it had a turbo 400 and casale box. Turns out it has a velvet drive with a old hall-craft box in it. The boat needs paint, the pink is faded in alot of areas, carpet only in the front half of the boat. The water injected headers under the hatch is a big no-no. The top of the hatch actually is all chared up from the heat. Motor sounds tired, white smoke at the hit of the throttle. Trailer needs some work. The only good hardware in the boat is the Calgo steering, other than that, nothing special. The boat have very good potential, and could make a fairly easy resto project, but not worth the 14k asking price, he didn't seem interested in budging on the price...(2weeks ago). Ill just leave it at that.

tickled pink
07-27-2005, 03:31 PM
Maybe you should have read the print in the ad a little closer! It doesn't say anything about a turbo 400 or a casale drive. Did you have your head up your ass when you were here at night? You acted like a little stuck up gear head nerd when you were here. You thought you knew everything. You weren't even man enough to shake my hand when you went to leave. The paint is just fine!! I realize you have a little knowledge regarding boating, because you work for Rex Marine. You're proably just a peon parts guy, that sells parts across the counter and couldn't afford a boat like this anyways. At the time I restored the boat in 1989, I we spent thousands of dollars from your boss' company and I don't think he would appreciate that you would be bad mouthing me and saying that I'm a liar, when I'm not. There was never any discussion about price! No one ever made an offer, because your friend didn't have a truck big enough to pull it or a place to store it. You wasted our time, because if you would have read the ad, you would have realized before you got here, that you couldn't either afford it, or store it!! I don't get where you come up with the idea that I wasn't going to budge on price! By the way, the motor is not tired, the boat runs excellent and is worth every penny I'm asking for it. It's sad that a guy like you doesn't have anything better to do than sit on the internet and bad mouth other people. What a prick!! Go back to your Hondo 76Flat bottom and bounce across Havasu, while our Spectra cruises nicely across the two foot lake chop!!
Tim Talan

Roman 1
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
So pinky, the way I read this is,,,BGMAN claims you told him it had a turbo 400 and casale. He didn't say that it was in the ad. So which is it?
Also does this boat have water injected headers? another good pt to the nerd if it does. He probably didn't shake your hand because (from his post) he thinks you lied to him? Whats the truth?
As long as BGMAN has been posting and helping people you might want to mellow out a tad, most of us know him and consider him credible. we don't know you aside from what this ad says and what BGMAN has said so far.
Roman :220v:

BGMAN203
07-27-2005, 05:12 PM
Maybe you should have read the print in the ad a little closer! It doesn't say anything about a turbo 400 or a casale drive. Did you have your head up your ass when you were here at night? You acted like a little stuck up gear head nerd when you were here. You thought you knew everything. You weren't even man enough to shake my hand when you went to leave. The paint is just fine!! I realize you have a little knowledge regarding boating, because you work for Rex Marine. You're proably just a peon parts guy, that sells parts across the counter and couldn't afford a boat like this anyways. At the time I restored the boat in 1989, I we spent thousands of dollars from your boss' company and I don't think he would appreciate that you would be bad mouthing me and saying that I'm a liar, when I'm not. There was never any discussion about price! No one ever made an offer, because your friend didn't have a truck big enough to pull it or a place to store it. You wasted our time, because if you would have read the ad, you would have realized before you got here, that you couldn't either afford it, or store it!! I don't get where you come up with the idea that I wasn't going to budge on price! By the way, the motor is not tired, the boat runs excellent and is worth every penny I'm asking for it. It's sad that a guy like you doesn't have anything better to do than sit on the internet and bad mouth other people. What a prick!! Go back to your Hondo 76Flat bottom and bounce across Havasu, while our Spectra cruises nicely across the two foot lake chop!!
Tim Talan
Tim,
First of all this has nothing to do with who I work for. This has nothing to do about me personally. This thread, is a technical thread, a thread about V-Drives, so lets keep it that way. If you want to bash me or my boat that you have never seen, lets take this topic in the Bench Racers and hash it out. I also think you should refrain from talking about my boss or the company I work for.
This thread, is a technical thread. People are inquiring about your boat, so since I have seen it, I thought I would inform the public what I saw. Weither or not your ad says Turbo 400 and Casale V-Drive, I won't argue. I belive my friend was confused because he had been looking at a lot of boats and might of got some facts mixed up.
Now the things that are not mixed up are my facts about your boat. Everything that I described about your boat is true.
The paint on the boat does need help, and I am not talking about the boat being pink. It has numerous chips and dings and the pink isn't always the same color in areas it is suspost to be. Don't get me wrong it not completley destroyed, but by no means is it in mint condition. Maybe you should look again.
The boat does have carpet, but only half of the boat, is that a lie??? I sure didn't see any carpet past the drivers seat.
I don't care who you talk to, but water injected headers under an engine hatch are just plain dangerous. You might want to look at the top of your hatch and look where the headers are starting to burn the paint and wood. If it has been like that since 1989...great, consider yourself lucky for not having a fire.
Your trailer toung was replaced, but never repainted, thus meaning it needs some work as I stated.
I could go on and on about the boat, motor...etc if you would like. I don't think you do. But if you do I would be glad to!
We did start to discuss the price a little and you said "I have it listed for 14 something, but I am not in a hurry to sell it". That normally means your not budging on price.
Everything I have stated is fact and you can't argue that. If you want to slam me personally and who I work for, and what I drive go a head and send me an email, I will be glad to talk to you. But as far as stating the facts about your boat I am right on.

tickled pink
07-27-2005, 05:30 PM
I'll let Tim reply, but from the wife you are full of Bullshit!!

Sanger D
07-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey brian,hows it dude? don,t listen to this guy!! :rolleyes: hows your ole man? tell him nicole and I say hellooooo!! :) talk to ya bro!!

BGMAN203
07-27-2005, 05:32 PM
I'll let Tim reply, but from the wife you are full of Bullshit!!
I will be waiting.....

BGMAN203
07-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Hey brian,hows it dude? don,t listen to this guy!! :rolleyes: hows your ole man? tell him nicole and I say hellooooo!! :) talk to ya bro!!
Old man is great... I am great...how is it out there???

Unforgiven
07-28-2005, 05:47 AM
I think you rather have a red jet

MizuSan
07-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I think BGMAN is a little young, and still has alot to learn about boats. BGMAN's boat looks really fast, but after all, I think pinky would take him in a little chop. As soon as it gets rough BGMAN would roll off the gas, afterall his "left foot is his best friend".
:eat:

Sanger D
07-29-2005, 09:54 AM
I think BGMAN is a little young, and still has alot to learn about boats. BGMAN's boat looks really fast, but after all, I think pinky would take him in a little chop. As soon as it gets rough BGMAN would roll off the gas, afterall his "left foot is his best friend".
:eat:/.................................................. you know ? I have to say that he is not as young as you think, also , his father knows more about boats than just about anyone so to say he does,nt know much is kinda insulting his father who is a really helpful guy ,and teaches his son every thing he knows, also I don,t think that REX would hire just ANYONE unless they had a pretty good knowledge of boats!!!I think WE ALL still have a lot to learn about boats!!! but he did make a couple good calls on the pink thang!I also do not think he was trying to insult or start anything with anyone, just pointing out a few things.

Roman 1
07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
I got a hundy thats says BGMAN will bus length the West Hollywood special. ;)
R1

dossangers
07-29-2005, 10:04 AM
First off pinky i know brian and hes a pretty straight shooter he has respect for his fellow v drivers and hangs with some pretty credible people! if you cant handle the truth about your boat dont take it out on him personally or his boat!!Thats what we do in here is help eachother there have been alot of boats sold in here from these guys opinions!! So dont come off as a big prick and maybe somebody will appreciate your boat a little more!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

Sanger D
07-29-2005, 10:10 AM
hey wayne ,how the hell are ya?!!! hope the wife and you are fine,Are you guys comin over for the CBBB in AUG.???

smalls
07-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Pinky Stinks!

ColeTR2
07-29-2005, 01:38 PM
I think BGMAN is a little young, and still has alot to learn about boats. BGMAN's boat looks really fast, but after all, I think pinky would take him in a little chop. As soon as it gets rough BGMAN would roll off the gas, afterall his "left foot is his best friend".:eat:
Nice first post!! :rolleyes: I have read a lot of BGMAN 900 plus posts and he is very credible and helpful. And I have never seen him lift when it gets a little choppy. :D

CrazyHippy
07-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Pinky Stinks!
That's the idea of the shocker isn't it?
BJH

ChetRippley
07-29-2005, 08:10 PM
Well I have seen BGMAN hang it out there a few times myself. He doesn't seem like the type that would back down. I think he would hand you your ass in a race. Why don't you see if he will race the Pink Taco Wagon???
:rollside:

eraser
07-29-2005, 08:40 PM
Pinky Stinks!
damn, I better paint my boat :mad: :burningm: and quick there is too much pink hatin goin on! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :D

GofastRacer
07-29-2005, 08:50 PM
damn, I better paint my boat :mad: :burningm: and quick there is too much pink hatin goin on! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :D :D :D
Nahh the injectors make up for the pink!.. :D :D

lucky
07-30-2005, 05:39 AM
well -- I like brain --- and he covers good for mike -- so if the pink boat has problmes -- It has problems -- nuff said -

smalls
07-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Its not all about the color....
Eraser Rocks , Pinky Stinks

ssmike
07-30-2005, 06:12 AM
Dang!
Y'all done & got the law all riled up now.
:burningm:

MizuSan
07-30-2005, 10:58 AM
Well I have seen BGMAN hang it out there a few times myself. He doesn't seem like the type that would back down. I think he would hand you your ass in a race. Why don't you see if he will race the Pink Taco Wagon???
:rollside:
Pinky is not sold yet, but I think a video of it smoking some flatty on the lake might up the price to 20k. Afterall, bgman is some young hot shot boat expert. :rolleyes:
If pinky smokes bgman, the phone will be off the hook with buyers. You'll see pinky on ebay with a note stating "This boat kicked the crap out of BGMAN'S injected flatty. Thats right folks, the famous BGMAN of the great ***boat forums."
Bring it on BGMAN, no money. Just a video for all to see :devil:

lucky
07-30-2005, 11:01 AM
Pinky is not sold yet, but I think a video of it smoking some flatty on the lake might up the price to 20k. Afterall, bgman is some young hot shot boat expert. :rolleyes:
If pinky smokes bgman, the phone will be off the hook with buyers. You'll see pinky on ebay with a note stating "This boat kicked the crap out of BGMAN'S injected flatty. Thats right folks, the famous BGMAN of the great ***boat forums."
brian - i do believe - she just wants an s@m vidieo of you beating the pink -
I guess she's not familier with the power of injection ...

smalls
07-30-2005, 01:13 PM
LOL If you can beat BG with Stinky, I will buy it at full price :2purples:
You should just give it away know and save the humiliation... :p

vdriver4ever
07-30-2005, 01:17 PM
A guy might drive all the way from Idaho to see that race.

dossangers
07-30-2005, 02:14 PM
LOL If you can beat BG with Stinky, I will buy it at full price :2purples:
You should just give it away know and save the humiliation... :pThat pretty much SUMS it up!!!!!!!!!!! :sqeyes: :sqeyes:

vdriver4ever
07-30-2005, 02:33 PM
Around here they would call that a country a$$ whooping...