PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt 07/30-31

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2005, 05:59 AM
I'm going to be up at Roosevelt next weekend for the maiden voyage of the new (to me) boat.
Anyone else going to be up there???

Evil-E
07-23-2005, 06:16 AM
If Larry's gets the boat done were there for sure! Not much to do just bigger oil coolers and sea strainers so it shouldn't be a problem. What color is the new Eliminator? I will try and post pics this week of the rig. We'll have to mix a few cocktails and celebrate your new ride. :) :) Hopefully Kev makes it out with the blue bomber.

460 jus getn it
07-23-2005, 06:22 AM
not to hi jack. but hw188 to roosevelt is closed right now because of a fire in the punkin center area.....

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2005, 06:22 AM
If Larry's gets the boat done were there for sure! Not much to do just bigger oil coolers and sea strainers so it shouldn't be a problem. What color is the new Eliminator? I will try and post pics this week of the rig. We'll have to mix a few cocktails and celebrate your new ride. :) :) Hopefully Kev makes it out with the blue bomber.
Red and white. I don't know which campground we'll be at, probably Windy Hill.
Even if the Blue Canoe doesn't get fixed, Kevins always welcome to run around on my boat, so I'm sure he'll be there. :D

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2005, 06:24 AM
not to hi jack. but hw188 to roosevelt is closed right now because of a fire in the punkin center area.....
Should still be able to get there from T-town though, if not, we'll go to San Carlos. :D
We'll give the fires a week of monsoon rains and see what happens.

Evil-E
07-23-2005, 06:28 AM
Great. We'll be in the 36' Spectre and we usually launch from Grapevine.

AZKC
07-23-2005, 06:40 AM
I'm just waiting on the Big Brown Truck :mad: Should have got it yesterday :cry: We have the Monday and Tuesday off after that weekend trying to get a room at Apache. So if that plan goes well, we'll be at Roosevelt Saturday and Sunday, then over to Apache for Monday and Tuesday. :) But if the boat doesn't get done, looks like I'll play boat biatch :)

bajabri
07-23-2005, 08:02 AM
I'm down with that...haven't been there since the damn construction...lookin forward to it........ :)

Magic34
07-23-2005, 08:16 AM
This might just work. :idea:

Evil-E
07-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Nice. It would be cool to get a little float party going. :idea:

AZKC
07-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Well the Big Brown Truck dropped off my part as I was leaving for work :D Looks like I got some wrenching to do. Nothing like working outside this time of year, 100* & 100% humidity :(
As far as a float party :idea: I better go buy some bigger fenders so to not get smashed by you guys and your 30+ footers ;)

AZKC
07-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Got the room rez's for Apache for Sunday and Monday. :D Now just talking BC into camping one night :boxingguy And this is a done deal.

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2005, 11:42 AM
Cool. It's only one night. :D We're going to go up Friday after work.

AZKC
07-23-2005, 12:11 PM
If I left after work I wouldn't get there till 10-11pm and Drew would allready be passed out :D We'll take off Sat morning and get there in time for lunch. You guys thinking of going to Windy Hill??

Sleek-Jet
07-23-2005, 12:15 PM
If I left after work I wouldn't get there till 10-11pm and Drew would allready be passed out :D We'll take off Sat morning and get there in time for lunch. You guys thinking of going to Windy Hill??
Either that or School House (???I think that's the one), we'll see how close to the water and ramps we can get. I'll call and let you know where we are.
I should get up there in time to take a nice evening cruise. :D

AZKC
07-23-2005, 12:19 PM
School House is the first available ramp and close to Spring Creek if ya want an ice cream or dinner. Sometimes it s a bit dirty being up by the river but its actually a pretty nice area.

AZKC
07-24-2005, 09:29 PM
:d

bajabri
07-25-2005, 03:03 PM
School House is the first available ramp and close to Spring Creek if ya want an ice cream or dinner. Sometimes it s a bit dirty being up by the river but its actually a pretty nice area.
Is that the first ramp coming in from Globe :confused:

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2005, 04:21 PM
Is that the first ramp coming in from Globe :confused:
I think so. Right now, that's the place we're going to be.
Are you going to try and make it up???

Magic34
07-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Does anyone know if there is Super Unleaded at a gas station on the 188 in Punkin Center?
I know the Texaco by Windy Hill has good fuel, but I didn't want to have to drive that far to fill up.

jetboater5
07-26-2005, 08:09 AM
Butcher Hook has 91 unleaded I always fuel up there have never had any problems with there fuel.

Evil-E
07-26-2005, 08:35 AM
Looks like we might get a few peeps this weekend! :shift: School House is the first launch coming from globe. We have been going to Grapevine and it is very nice as well. It's the next launch from School House. We'll be out there around 11 on Sat. Hope to meet up with some of you.

Magic34
07-26-2005, 09:40 AM
Butcher Hook has 91 unleaded I always fuel up there have never had any problems with there fuel.
Is that in Punkin Center? If not, where is that?

AZKC
07-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Boats all back together again. Not sure if we'll make it Saturday :notam: Still kinda 50/50. EvilE, Larry done with yours yet?

jetboater5
07-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Actually it is is Tonto Basin. which is about 5-7 miles south of pumpkin center. It has a large unocal 76 sign in front on the east side of 188

Magic34
07-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Actually it is is Tonto Basin. which is about 5-7 miles south of pumpkin center. It has a large unocal 76 sign in front on the east side of 188
Great, thanks!!!! 2 more questions..... Is there diesel as well and are the prices at these pumps way higher than the east valley area prices?

Evil-E
07-26-2005, 10:13 AM
AZKC- It was supposed to go in Fri. but Gary's Outerlimits is still in. Jeff said he would call me today. Its really not a huge deal, if he cant get me in by Wed. I'm just taking it as is. My oil just gets a little warm after some runs over 100. :220v: You can always roll with me bro.

Sleek-Jet
07-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Boats all back together again. Not sure if we'll make it Saturday :notam: Still kinda 50/50. EvilE, Larry done with yours yet?
W T F ??????????? :confused: :confused:

AZKC
07-26-2005, 11:08 AM
The camping thing is the biggest hold up. Just trying to keep the little woman happy :rollside: Don't get yer panties all in a wad :D

jetboater5
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
:messedup: Yes they have diesel and the prices vary about 4-8 cents more per galon on the average I will be going up Fri night to be on the lake Sat morning. We had to move our boat last week as the fire burn't right up to the back of our house. The firefighters were using our back patio for some shade. But Saturday night it rained really hard and pretty much toook care of the fire issue at this time

AZKC
07-26-2005, 11:14 AM
AZKC- It was supposed to go in Fri. but Gary's Outerlimits is still in. Jeff said he would call me today. Its really not a huge deal, if he cant get me in by Wed. I'm just taking it as is. My oil just gets a little warm after some runs over 100. :220v: You can always roll with me bro.
That things been in there a awhile, it was there when I picked my heads up 6 weeks ago. Unless it left and came back :confused: Oh I want to ride in that bad boy, my boat seems to be much better after I re-set the valves, I had them way to tight :idea:
Its like I said the camping in July thing is a bit much sometimes. But its only one night then we can head to Apache for our A/C'd room for Sunday and Monday.

Sleek-Jet
07-26-2005, 11:20 AM
That things been in there a awhile, it was there when I picked my heads up 6 weeks ago. Unless it left and came back :confused: ...
Its like I said the camping in July thing is a bit much sometimes. But its only one night then we can head to Apache for our A/C'd room for Sunday and Monday.
I saw it headed back into town the monday I went to Phoenix... 2 weeks ago???
No worries on the camping dealio, but if you're not going to make it, let me know so I don't get double camp site. :D

AZKC
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Just get the double camp site and I'll tell Becky you did and we have to go then :skull: Its actually supposed to cool off a bit(if ya call high 90's cool) and if a good rain would go thru Saturday evening :220v: it will be plenty cool :wink:

Evil-E
07-26-2005, 12:38 PM
A few weeks ago it was there for a ignition deal and I think last week it was in for some minor stuff. I think his Skater is coming in this week too. With the HTM I could always stuff it in but the new boat needs some more room so..... hopefully Jeff gets the other work done and I'll be money. If not, no biggie. :) Glad to hear the boat is fixed and running well. Hopefully no leaks this weekend. :wink: Last time we were at Rosy we had the boat up to 114 so you definately have to hop in for a ride. I even have an extra Lifeline. :)

Big Warlock
07-26-2005, 12:49 PM
There is a good cove between Schoolhouse and the next launch ramp going north west. Good place to hang out and anchor.

AZKC
07-26-2005, 02:04 PM
There is a good cove between Schoolhouse and the next launch ramp going north west. Good place to hang out and anchor.
Sounds like a good spot, not familiar with that end of the lake. Have been up the river a ways that was interesting :eek: Oh and for Sleek the direction would be East :hammerhea :wink:

Sleek-Jet
07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Sounds like a good spot, not familiar with that end of the lake. Have been up the river a ways that was interesting :eek: Oh and for Sleek the direction would be East :hammerhea :wink:
I'm going to buy all you fockers a compass... :D

Magic34
07-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Looks like we are going. It will depend on the weather for the weekend. Don't want to get dumped on while driving.

Evil-E
07-27-2005, 08:15 AM
I'd say there is a good chance for rain almost everyday. I kind of like it on the water. Everybody freaks out and leaves while we just get covered up have a cocktail and in 30 min. its gone. :shift:

Magic34
07-27-2005, 08:32 AM
I'd say there is a good chance for rain almost everyday. I kind of like it on the water. Everybody freaks out and leaves while we just get covered up have a cocktail and in 30 min. its gone. :shift:
Dude, I'm a detailing freak. I'll have to redetail it if it rains. :D
Not a fan of lightning either..... Scares the sh*t out of me, and I have a lot of freeboard that makes me higher than some other people. :squiggle:

Magic34
07-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Anoyne have any hookups on a covered slip on Saturday night? They said they don't rent those out.

Evil-E
07-27-2005, 09:21 AM
That's funny. My girlfriend says I have problems because I wipe the boat down so much. :rollside: At Havasu a week ago my friends about killed me for not letting anybody go back to the hotel until the boat was spotless. It was only 126. :cool: You have a beautiful boat and I would expect you to be anal about it! I dont know why they don't rent slips out at the marina, they have tons of room. :confused:

jetboater5
07-27-2005, 02:39 PM
I know they have hook up at the marina I have not stayed there but I know people who have. You might want to call them up again

Sleek-Jet
07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Juan more day...
Looks like we'll be at school house around 5:00 pm tomorrow.
Here's a pic of the boat.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/18942005_0422Image0340.JPG

jetboater5
07-29-2005, 09:24 AM
We'll be there. We should be hang'in around the bridge about noon on Saturday . The kids like to go there to swim after a morning of wakeboarding and tubing. :cool:

Evil-E
07-29-2005, 09:53 AM
Looks good. :D We'll head over to the bridge around noon. Sleek, AZKC see you guys out there. Magic34 you guys in?

AZKC
07-29-2005, 11:37 AM
Doubt I'll get there by noon :notam: , so keep your eye out for the Blue Canoe later on.

Magic34
07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Looks good. :D We'll head over to the bridge around noon. Sleek, AZKC see you guys out there. Magic34 you guys in?
Don't know yet. I haven't heard back about a covered slip, really need one. I'll make another call right now.
Also, a guy called today to buy my toy hauler, and he might come up from Tucson on Saturday to finish the deal. Should know tomorrow if he gets funded by then or not.
Those are the 2 things holding me up right now.

Magic34
07-29-2005, 01:47 PM
No covered slips available. :burningm:

Sane Asylum
07-29-2005, 01:53 PM
No covered slips available. :burningm:
Michael......
Last time we were up there they didn't give us one at first and I went back to the slip renter dealio girl and told her that I really didn't want to get wet in case it rained......
She put us in a covered.......Dunno, might have to go up and flash the pearly whites..... :D

Magic34
07-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Looks like if we go, it would be Saturday only. Will know Friday for sure.

Magic34
07-30-2005, 08:09 AM
Just got a response from management this morning. I have a covered slip and we'll be there on the water before noon on Saturday.

AZKC
07-30-2005, 12:16 PM
Kewl. I'm still not sure if we are making it. But thats normal for me :220v:

Sleek-Jet
07-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Kewl. I'm still not sure if we are making it. But thats normal for me :220v:
Focker... :D

AZKC
07-30-2005, 01:46 PM
You know how we roll :hammer2: :D

Evil-E
07-30-2005, 06:57 PM
We'll see you all up there Sat. Hopefully be on the water before noon.

KACHINA KEN
07-30-2005, 07:10 PM
It's nice to see the AZ contingent gettin it together. Now if I can just get a boat..............

Sleek-Jet
08-02-2005, 09:35 AM
Cool meeting everyone...
Evil-E... that boat is awesome, and sounds even better... :D
Magic-34... thanks for the flyby Saturday afternoon... I was trying to keep up. :D
I think I saw Jetboater5 under the bridge Saturday afternoon, sorry I didn't get over to say Hi, next time for sure. :cool:

Evil-E
08-02-2005, 11:52 AM
Thanks Sleek we had a great time. Later on Sat. we did a drive by at Windy Hill but didn't see you guys. Sunday we hooked up with Magic34 and kicked it all day. The cabin in that boat is sick! :) We ended up both going to the marina later on to avoid some storms and had a blast just sittin around and bullshiting. There was talk of maybe getting a bunch of people together for Labor Day. I'm glad the boat ran good, congrats!

Sleek-Jet
08-02-2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks Sleek we had a great time. Later on Sat. we did a drive by at Windy Hill but didn't see you guys. Sunday we hooked up with Magic34 and kicked it all day. The cabin in that boat is sick! :) We ended up both going to the marina later on to avoid some storms and had a blast just sittin around and bullshiting. There was talk of maybe getting a bunch of people together for Labor Day. I'm glad the boat ran good, congrats!
We watched you guys go by, I'd already pulled the boat off the lake, good thing too, it got pretty harry there for a while. We were camped next to the small ramp on the west side of windy hill.
Sunday we dropped the boat in the water and cruised back up towards Horse Pasture, but my brother had to go pick up his daughter early in the afternoon, so we were off the lake by 11:00. I could see Magic34's boat at the marina, so I figured he wasn't out on the lake yet.
Labor day might work. :D

Evil-E
08-02-2005, 12:33 PM
You're right it got choppy as hell later!! :supp: Let me know when you are making a next trip and keep Labor Day in mind. :idea:

jetboater5
08-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Yea we had a great time at the lake. I did not know what kind of boat you had Evil E, know that I look back I see the picture of sleek's boat. I guess I should have just came over and introduced myself sorry. But we go to Roosevelt almost every weekend so I am sure there will be another time . By the way very nice boat's

Magic34
08-02-2005, 02:57 PM
Yeah, so..... Those storms that I thought we would miss driving home.... I was wrong. We got that rain when heading to the ramp at 6:30 PM, and it rained non stop about 90% of the way home. I got home about 9:15 PM and stayed up until 1 AM cleaning the boat before it went back in the garage. I'm draggin' ass today.
Great meeting you guys and we had a good time. It is more relaxing up there, and the marina staff is really great to deal with. That operation has come such a long way, very nice now.
Going to go take a nap. Damn rain.

Sane Asylum
08-03-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, so..... Those storms that I thought we would miss driving home.... I was wrong. We got that rain when heading to the ramp at 6:30 PM, and it rained non stop about 90% of the way home. I got home about 9:15 PM and stayed up until 1 AM cleaning the boat before it went back in the garage. I'm draggin' ass today.
Great meeting you guys and we had a good time. It is more relaxing up there, and the marina staff is really great to deal with. That operation has come such a long way, very nice now.
Going to go take a nap. Damn rain.
Damn that sucks......Hey, I know a guy that makes a great line of cleaning products that work perfect after pulling your boat back in the rain for three hours...........J/K.......I would've had to pull over and find some cover......May have to con the wife into going back up sometime......Sounds like you guys had fun....

AZKC
08-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Just rolled back into T-Town. Wow what a great weekend. Cool kickin at Roosevelt with the group. Thanks for the ride from the Sleek Bro's. Magic 34's boat is outstanding, Sorry it got wet on the way home. E cool catching up a bit, we'll get into some more BS'n later. Yer boat is over the top, Dawg you still owe me that ride.
We made it to Apache Sunday AM and got the boat on the water. At first it ran like crap and then bam.......running sweet. Storms started rolling in so we put it on the trailer. Monday we rolled up to the Rosy dam all in one jump about 10-12 miles, man was I nervous, but it went great. Did a nice float down from the dam and did some slummin at some of the "sandbars". Spent the rest of the day down at the other end of the lake, got ran off the lake by more storms and spent the rest of the day goofin off with a beer in hand.
I've got some pics that I'll get up later. Stay Tuned :crossx:

Evil-E
08-03-2005, 03:07 PM
I was waiting for an update! Awesome Kev you must be pumped! :D One good day on the lake and you forget(almost) about all the other problems you had. Lets do it again soon and anytime you want that ride you got it. Magic34 and I were maybe talking about gettin some slips and a bunch a peeps for Labor Day at Rosy. Hopefully we can all pull it off :shift:

AZKC
08-04-2005, 07:51 AM
Here's a link to a thread with some pics :D
Roosevelt trip (http://www.havasudoug.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=4;t=4792;ref=65-1040251577)

Evil-E
08-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Those are great pics boss! :) Sleek's Eliminator can throw a f*#ckin roost!! :)

Sleek-Jet
08-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Those are great pics boss! :) Sleek's Eliminator can throw a f*#ckin roost!! :)
Fear the roost... :D
I'm slow, but at least I look good doing it. :D

full throttle
08-05-2005, 08:02 AM
Anyone going up this weekend?

AZKC
08-05-2005, 09:13 AM
I'm done for awhile, nothing till mid September it looks like for us :( :(

full throttle
08-05-2005, 09:57 AM
Bummer. I've only been once since water is up, and stayed towards Dam. This weekend, we want to get a large motorhome near the water. Is that still possible @ Schoolhouse. Is this road now paved? How is the ramp? Whats it like now @ the Salt river end. Info Plz. Thx.

jetboater5
08-05-2005, 10:38 AM
If all goes well I will be up there on Saturday. My aunt is in the hospital, We should know today how everthing is looking.

AZKC
08-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Bummer. I've only been once since water is up, and stayed towards Dam. This weekend, we want to get a large motorhome near the water. Is that still possible @ Schoolhouse. Is this road now paved? How is the ramp? Whats it like now @ the Salt river end. Info Plz. Thx.
Sorry no info from me on Schoolhouse, I saw some campgrounds at Windy Hill that were close to the water. Look around the Coyote camping area there were a lot of good spots. Just no bathrooms only porta johns but the showers were working :confused:

Magic34
08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
There were some RVs down on the water near the marina. if you go to the marina parking area, there is a little dirt road in good condition that will thake you to those spots. There isn't much room, so I'd get there Friday before noon sometime.
I'll be at Pleasant this weekend. Waiting for the damn monsoon to stop beofre I head up there again. :mad:

AZKC
08-06-2005, 08:51 AM
Monsoons are half of the fun :220v: