PDA

View Full Version : Renegade Performance Boats 22' Fun Deck

NeverStop
05-03-2006, 04:50 PM
Any one own one? Any opinions? And who less make a low profile deck boat?

Nubbs
05-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Ultra makes a cool 21' deck boat.

jesco
05-03-2006, 08:52 PM
Renegade And Ultra Are The Same Mold. Takes A Lot Of Ponies To Make Those Boats Go So Be Prepared For That .renegade Builds A Nice Boat Though , I Have A 21 Skier And Have Had No Problems

Danhercules
05-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Renegade And Ultra Are The Same Mold. Takes A Lot Of Ponies To Make Those Boats Go So Be Prepared For That .renegade Builds A Nice Boat Though , I Have A 21 Skier And Have Had No Problems
I thought the Tom Papp was the same mold?
Anyway, here is the TPR. I love my new boat!!!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4763DSC01196.JPG
I just got mine a few weeks ago. I got about 400 HP and am about 60. Messing with the hardwear now. I think I will hit 60 no problem.

jesco
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Renegade gets the hulls for Ultra which is the same mold as Papps. They are bad azz boats just a little heavy out of the hole. With 400 hp you shoud see every bit of 60 once your runnin flat . They handle great also . My friend has an Ultra with about 425 hp and he says it just needs help up

pattymelt18
05-03-2006, 09:34 PM
my parentshave one we put a 572 in it. it runs really good 12 peeps two dogs and a icechest and have a great time.. :rollside:

MudPumper
05-03-2006, 10:09 PM
There was a guy at the river last summer with an Ultra who said he was running about 95mph in his. If I remember correctly, he had a twin turbo motor putting out about 1200HP.

Squirtcha?
05-04-2006, 05:08 AM
There was a guy at the river last summer with an Ultra who said he was running about 95mph in his. If I remember correctly, he had a twin turbo motor putting out about 1200HP.
That sounds about right. Dan Nelson of Jett Performance Marine here in Phoenix used to own Dan Hercules' boat. He was running a PSI blown deal with around 1200 ponies. I think he was running mid to high 90's.

superdave013
05-04-2006, 05:38 AM
Renegade is owned by a guy named Ron Pace. He's a good guy 100%. A friend bought a new boat from him and everything went great. It was built on time, built very well and no hidden supprizes at all.

GUGS102
05-04-2006, 07:01 AM
That sounds about right. Dan Nelson of Jett Performance Marine here in Phoenix used to own Dan Hercules' boat. He was running a PSI blown deal with around 1200 ponies. I think he was running mid to high 90's.
How heavy are these boats? I am considering one next year, but if it takes 1200HP into the 90's what's it gonna take to run mid 80's?
I would think that the sponsons would have less drag than a v-hull. Just surprised that boat did not run well into the triple digits with that kind of power.
I recently rode in a 23' ultra deck with a 496 and bravo that would run low 70s. For 65K you can have it! I was also suprised at how unstable it felt. A lot of walk. I've ridden in larger cats 25+ and been amazed at how stable they are even into the 120s.
Do the smaller ones with shorter sponsons ride differently?
Gathering info, insight appreciated.
gugs

Johnwithjm
05-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Renegade gets the hulls for Ultra which is the same mold as Papps. They are bad azz boats just a little heavy out of the hole. With 400 hp you shoud see every bit of 60 once your runnin flat . They handle great also . My friend has an Ultra with about 425 hp and he says it just needs help up
To help clear this up I have owned the molds for just under 5 years. Ultra is the only place you can get this boat now. Tom Papp owned the molds before me and he sold a few to Renegade and a couple other builders. The 21 deck boat was tested by Hot boat a couple years ago and it ran just over 70mph with a 502HP jet.

Johnwithjm
05-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I think your talking about Mike Millers boat. He is a good friend of mine and he has a twin turbo motor in his boat with a little over 1000hp and that boat runs over 100mph. If you saw the boat in the Lost Lake, Big river area then that was it.

old rigger
05-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Renegade is owned by a guy named Ron Pace. He's a good guy 100%. A friend bought a new boat from him and everything went great. It was built on time, built very well and no hidden supprizes at all.
Yep, great guy. Been in the boat biz for ever. Long before he owned Renegade, he started out working for (as a kid) Harman marine, later on he owned it. Knows his chit when it comes to pumps. :)

Danhercules
05-04-2006, 10:23 PM
How heavy are these boats? I am considering one next year, but if it takes 1200HP into the 90's what's it gonna take to run mid 80's?
I would think that the sponsons would have less drag than a v-hull. Just surprised that boat did not run well into the triple digits with that kind of power.
Mine was the first out of the mold. Its heavy. Very heavy. I was told this numerous times. that is why it takes so much for MY boat.
I think Big John had his still for sale. His has somwhere abouts 700 HP and is in the mid 90's.
Again, mine is heavy, the first one. I dont mind, I would rather have a slower SOLID boat. Mine had over 1000 HP and not one stress crack.

MudPumper
05-05-2006, 01:38 AM
I think your talking about Mike Millers boat. He is a good friend of mine and he has a twin turbo motor in his boat with a little over 1000hp and that boat runs over 100mph. If you saw the boat in the Lost Lake, Big river area then that was it.
Yep, that's the one. When I talked to him he was running in the mid to upper 90's but had not played with the set up yet. He said he expected to run in the tripple digits after getting it dialed in. It's nice boat for sure.

DUCKY
05-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I think the 22' Placecraft deckboat is available as a jet. Really nice boat but I would have to think it would take some real power to make it move. I know someone that has one with a 496HO/Bravo and it runs just shy of 80.

jesco
05-06-2006, 02:09 PM
I think the 22' Placecraft deckboat is available as a jet. Really nice boat but I would have to think it would take some real power to make it move. I know someone that has one with a 496HO/Bravo and it runs just shy of 80.
The Placecrafts are very nice but a friend of mine went to order one and they said it would be like 5 or 6 months delivery. He didnt want to wait that long .

DEL51
05-07-2006, 07:15 PM
There is a market out there for this set up. I would check out the GATOR post.

DUCKY
05-07-2006, 10:10 PM
The Placecrafts are very nice but a friend of mine went to order one and they said it would be like 5 or 6 months delivery. He didnt want to wait that long .
I wouldn't doubt that. If you went to Lynch Fiberglass you would know why!
They do some nice work though. But so does Ultra....