PDA

View Full Version : Triple Digit Howard 28 Bullet Build Up

TPI
07-23-2005, 04:56 PM
This is the latest project for TPI and Howard Custom Boats. It will be a 28 Bullet Hard Deck, with a TPI 900 EFI and a Max Machine Worx 900 drive. The boat should be completed in the fall. This boat will reside in Tennessee and will sit on a black Ellis triple axle trailer with chrome fenders, wide package, and recessed(frenched)led lighting. It does have just a hint of metalflake throughout the dark candy blood red faded gelcoat and is very nice to look at. I will do my best to keep pics updated and information regarding this project, depending on the popularity of this thread. I am hoping it goes over well here in the Hot Boat section.

TPI
07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383pr4m.JPG
Here it is!

FASTERDAMITT
07-23-2005, 07:03 PM
I'll follow along. To bad you didn't start with the mold layup though. Keep the pics comming. :rollside:

TPI
07-23-2005, 07:58 PM
I figured the layup was old news at this point, regardless, I will try and keep up with the progress of this package.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-23-2005, 09:51 PM
Might have to take a trip up to howard to check this out. What is the weight diff between this boat and yours??

dicudmore
07-23-2005, 10:47 PM
nice :D

TPI
07-23-2005, 11:54 PM
Might have to take a trip up to howard to check this out. What is the weight diff between this boat and yours??
The difference should be approx 400 lbs total for the hulls, but I am going to try to shave off some weight here and there during the installation, and his motor will be a bit lighter than mine too. The motor is going to really turn some heads. I might not be able to post any pics of the engine until it is all done(Top Secret NEW Stuff for TPI). You never know though........I will probably have a few pics of the build up of his TPI 900 EFI as well.
The net weight difference will probably be approx 200 lbs when the boat is complete. Probably not enough to feel a difference, performance wise, if both boats had identical power.

djunkie
07-24-2005, 02:08 AM
As usual another awesome Howard/TP creation. :cool: I look forward to seeing this thing come along. Damm I wish I was ready to start building one. :cry:

SDLifesaver
07-24-2005, 09:06 AM
Can't wait to see more.

Beer-30
07-24-2005, 09:55 AM
nice :D
I see you asking about 525s and commenting on 28s. No, no, you don't get to go smaller! Who else will help raise the water level at BV!?!

TPI
07-24-2005, 08:12 PM
This thread will be moving along at a gradual pace for a few weeks until Howard gets the inner transom sprayed, and colorsanding/buffing is complete. Once those things are completed, the fun of rigging this beauty will begin.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383pr5m.JPG

little rowe boat
07-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Very nice.Keep the pics coming.

07-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Great looking boat Gary. :D I'll have to come down & check it out during rigging.

TPI
07-25-2005, 12:56 PM
Great looking boat Gary. :D I'll have to come down & check it out during rigging.
Cmon over Rob, There are 2 28's that are getting TPI 900 EFI's. The second one is also a nice looking boat.

BLOWN HOWARD
07-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Gary shoot me a pm of what a open bow 28 with a 900 is costing right now with the good drive also

TPI
07-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Gary shoot me a pm of what a open bow 28 with a 900 is costing right now with the good drive also
I will have to leave the pricing to Gene and Mike. I could probably get you are rough idea if thats ok, but the bottom line $$ will have to come from Howard.

TCS T
07-25-2005, 04:53 PM
:cool: It looks like another bad a** Howard! Keep the pix coming please! :cool:

NashvilleBound
07-25-2005, 05:02 PM
In TN eh?? ;) What was the owners decision for the interior of the transom? Just wondering if he followed any of my thoughts. It looks like its going to be a great looking boat. Lucky, spoiled, owner!!!!

TPI
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
Are you the one that suggested the polka dots? I heard he wants an all red transom with 2" black circles all over it. I guess whatever makes him happy.
(joking) I think it will be all red and clearcoated with the metalflake in the clear. Not 100% sure though. That is what I would do.

NashvilleBound
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Awww, come on now..I like the polka dot look...he should do that...especially since he will be able to smoke me on the water...damn him:) Actually I suggested not going with a solid color....I suggested a ( I dont know how to word it) sprayed in with with red fibers??? or an accent color fiber.... so the red does not get overwhelming. Shoot, who am I to say. I am sure it will look great either way. Secondly, I hinted anything but pure white...easier to keep clean and colors with make all the bling on the motor stand out.

clearfork
07-25-2005, 08:19 PM
Well what do you think GT? Maybe 1/2 inch polka dots instead, with pearl ghost flames? Nah. I think GT is probably on course with the Red. I think that as accident prone as I am White would be stained in a matter of weeks. And If I remember correctly all of the transom and bilge area is smooth so the splatter probally wouldnt work in this case. Always open to suggestions though. I think that without the help of the folks building this, we would have had a hard time making our minds upon quite a few things. Gary has been a big help. The folks at Howard have been very patient and understanding when I have changed my mind ten times a day. I think it is all finally coming together, we are very excited. Like I said though, any thoughts you guys have would be helpful. Thanks in advance......Lucky, spoiled, owner.
Hey N.B. Any luck at L.C. marine, sure missed a pretty day. Had to rent a pontoon just to get on the H2O. Never saw 80, though. MP

NashvilleBound
07-26-2005, 03:17 AM
Hey, Lucky-spoiled :) , The guys up at LC took control and checked out all my worries in one of the most professional, clean facilities I have ever visited. Sorry about the day out. Big learning curve....yours is about to start. Course I HIGHLY doubt you will experience some of the joy I have gone through.... any free days later this week? weekend? Take you to lunch on the water......
NB

TPI
07-26-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey, Lucky-spoiled :) , The guys up at LC took control and checked out all my worries in one of the most professional, clean facilities I have ever visited. Sorry about the day out. Big learning curve....yours is about to start. Course I HIGHLY doubt you will experience some of the joy I have gone through.... any free days later this week? weekend? Take you to lunch on the water......
NB
The learning curve for a new performance boat/engine owner is tough. To simplify things, I will be flying out to Tennessee to give MP(Clearfork) some time with me in the boat. I will be going over everything. No stone will be left unturned. It's the only way I will do this kind of thing. There is just to much information tangled up in a package like this to e-mail or telephone to a buyer. Plus he promised me some home made TN cornbread, so how can I pass that up!

clearfork
07-26-2005, 05:21 AM
Hey Jeff,
Yes sir, I am available. It is Monday A.M. I will turn on the cell. I have to go to ATL Wednesday A.M. and then will be heading to Bright and Sunny CALI on Friday. Maybe could arrange to dump the lavatory @ 40,000 ft over a certain spot in AZ. if ya want me to. Hope you are well. I am going to see how the other half live. I going to see a man about a horse ( hopefully about 950 of them ) . So what is this, did I hear you say a new boat next year? You will have to P.M. me and let me know what L.C. Marine said. I told you that place was tough, LIke a huge candy store. With your money you should have bought two. Did anything spark your interest?

clearfork
07-26-2005, 05:43 AM
Hey GT,
Yes sir, We are gonna give you a trip back in time. This is God's country, once you get here you may never leave. ( No I wont kidnap you, sounded like a scene from the deliverance). I am looking forward to showing you the sights and sounds (smells too) of Good ole TN. With your personality Gary you would fit in here like an old shoe.
Just remember to pack some boots and some coveralls.
And yes there will be cornbread and something you may have not encountered yet .........Grits.
Buster is in the freezer, fresh eggs every A.M.
Feed ya like a king.
Some of the most beautiful lakes you will find, I look forward to it.

NashvilleBound
07-26-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes, please dump the lav for me:) lol....too funny. I looked at several of the 36-38 V's..nothing did much for me. I liked a few of the big cats tho. I really think when I get something that big it will surely be a cat. Skaters were very tempting. I wonder if they make a deck top??? :idea:
Gary sounds like a very straight shooter. I think your lucky to have picked the package you did. You will be pleased. I dont think I can get on the water again till Wed or Thursday...when you'll be gone, right? River Otter from The Nooga was talking about coming up and going to Dale Hollow this weekend...will you be around? If so that would be a good trip. Let me know. I have some unexpected running around today and tomorrow. Wife flies in today at 1.....9 days by myself here.....just about outta food and clothing;)

07-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Clearfork,
Saw the boat today up at Howard and it looks great! I can't wait to see how it looks on the water. Instead of polka-dots, how about a big #8 on the side? ...jk
---Rob

BLOWN HOWARD
08-01-2005, 07:37 PM
Whats up Gary we need some more pics and updates here?????

jbtrailerjim
08-01-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383pr5m.JPG
Great looking Bullet! I don't think there is another v-bottom on the market with better lines than a Howard Bullet. Keep the pictures coming! :cool:

TPI
08-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Sorry guys,
Howard is color sanding and buffing this boat. It will be a few weeks before I start on it. It is very cool looking, even has a little bass boat in it. But I'll bet there will be no bass in it when its done.

BLOWN HOWARD
08-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks gary, and tell those guys to hurry up!!!!!

clearfork
08-02-2005, 05:44 PM
Hey guys,
Just a little input here.
We need to name the boat for documentation puposes.
This is worse than trying to name your kid.
A few we had thought of.
Miss Liberty
Red barron
\What do you guys think? Red barron goes with career choice and sounds pretty cool. mY buddy suggested Red Wings but my wife said no. She said the son may catch on someday.
Before I do something ignorant how about a little (tasteful) input.
Any ideas MR GT?
Any help from the penut gallery?
Thanks fellas, I know that this is the least of my worries but for some reason I cannot find any creative choices.
Best regards MP

TPI
08-02-2005, 06:42 PM
Red Boat

phebus
08-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Redline.....

RiverOtter
08-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Seeing Red

RiverOtter
08-02-2005, 07:03 PM
El Rojo Diablo :devil:
Not sure I spelled that right? :confused:

RiverOtter
08-02-2005, 07:04 PM
Crimsin Tide :hammer2:

RiverOtter
08-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Red October :cool:

TPI
08-02-2005, 07:42 PM
RED

BADAXE
08-02-2005, 08:00 PM
"Lady In Red"
"Devil With A Red Dress On"
"Red Hot"
"Red Rain"

clearfork
08-02-2005, 08:49 PM
I Want to thank you gentleman for your input.
I dont think I could look at the lady at the courthouse with straight face and tell her "my boat name is ...... Oh Yea, Here is my 80.95 for next years registration."
Gary a little bird told me that you had added stripes and a big number to my race boat. But I never saw the updated pics. You have anything you want to fess up to?
Just so you know Mr. Taylor this is the second week in a row I have had to be first mate on a pontoon boat. I am pretty sure at one point there was a guy with an outboard on his sailboat that passed us. This is a new all time low in my boating season. I am jonesing for some real speed.
We want some New pictures, Pretty please.
And maybe a progress report?

TPI
08-03-2005, 04:56 AM
Mr Clearfork,
Seeing as how you are a pilot, If you had a long flight and got home really tired, but wanted to take your Bullet up the lake, Could you say you took the, "RED EYE" . I like that! Also there is nothing exciting about colorsanding and buffing. I will add pics as soon as I see some good progress on either the boat or the motor.

Up 4 River
08-04-2005, 04:28 PM
Mr Clearfork,
Seeing as how you are a pilot, If you had a long flight and got home really tired, but wanted to take your Bullet up the lake, Could you say you took the, "RED EYE" . I like that! Also there is nothing exciting about colorsanding and buffing. I will add pics as soon as I see some good progress on either the boat or the motor.
I've been reading this thread lately and I think the name above it a good fit. Man I love these boats and the way this one is coming together makes me appreciate them even more.

djunkie
08-04-2005, 05:00 PM
Seeing Red
I second this one :rollside:

MONEYFURNOTHIN
08-04-2005, 05:38 PM
"in The Red"

RiverOtter
08-04-2005, 06:01 PM
El Rojo Diablo :devil:
Not sure I spelled that right? :confused:
Perhaps you need a translation....
The Rojo Diablo :devil: :D

throwerb
08-04-2005, 06:50 PM
How About redrum?

TPI
08-04-2005, 07:53 PM
I actually am going to meet up with "Mr Clearfork" tomorrow over at Howard. He will be getting his first "in person" look at his boat. I am sure he will be pleased.

Ivan Dan
08-05-2005, 12:53 AM
How About redrum?
This might attract unwanted LEO attention. :idea:

RiverOtter
08-05-2005, 04:06 AM
How About redrum?
I like it! :cool:

Essex502
08-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the Howard family, Clearfork! You'll love your new Bullet. I love mine!

al cole'holic
08-06-2005, 02:43 PM
How About redrum?
I approve....obviously :D

clearfork
08-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Hello Folks,
I have made the pilgrimage to Howard Mecca. The boat diety has been good to me. It is very exciting to see the progress in person. Gene was very hospitable and explained everything in great detail. If you are in the area(ever) stop by it is pretty amazing to see how they do all that they do.
They where in the middle of wet sanding the boat. It made it difficult to get a good picture for now. But i have been assured by many that when it is buffed out it will look 8 inches deep. I looked very hard for any signs of a wave in the deck or hullsides, i could find none. Very impressive. Having one dark color would make any flaws jump out the boys have done an excellent job.
Still considering certain things but all is well so far, Cannot wait to bring the ole girl home. She should sure stir the water up around thge local lakes where I live.

clearfork
08-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Well FOLKS,
I finally got an opportunity to meet the man, Mr.Gary Taylor.
A True gentleman, a man whose knowlege and skill is only surpassed by his generosity. From the first time we talked Gary has throughly talked and explained everthing about his product and what he can offer. you can tell his passion and experience about everthing to do with Howards and supercharged engines. His creativity for us has been priceless and we truely will have a one-off custom Howard boat.
I am not saying this just because he gave me a Big discount on my parts and labor. If you have the time and patience. There are alot of engine manufactures out there. But before you buy, give Gary 15 minutes to explain to you about his engines and products, and you will be convinced. Honesty ,integrity,and value, best bang for your buck. He is your man, No B.S., Straight shooter a refreshing change in a industry full of potholes and pitfalls.
i want to thankl him personally for his time, attention and patience.
I has truely been my pleasure.

RiverOtter
08-07-2005, 04:59 AM
Hello Folks,
I have made the pilgrimage to Howard Mecca. The boat diety has been good to me. It is very exciting to see the progress in person. Gene was very hospitable and explained everything in great detail. If you are in the area(ever) stop by it is pretty amazing to see how they do all that they do.
They where in the middle of wet sanding the boat. It made it difficult to get a good picture for now. But i have been assured by many that when it is buffed out it will look 8 inches deep. I looked very hard for any signs of a wave in the deck or hullsides, i could find none. Very impressive. Having one dark color would make any flaws jump out the boys have done an excellent job.
Still considering certain things but all is well so far, Cannot wait to bring the ole girl home. She should sure stir the water up around thge local lakes where I live.
That's great an all but.... Who won the name contest :cool:

TPI
08-07-2005, 06:07 AM
I think he liked mine the best
RED BOAT
And thanks Michael for the kind words...................You will have a Very nice package.
I am Now headed out to Mohave for 6 days with the orange 28! We want to get 100 hrs on that quad-rotor by the end of summer. We are at 64 hrs from 3 trips out and testing. I am leaving the cell phone at home....... :D
When I return I will post some up to date pics of this beautiful RED BOAT!

NashvilleBound
08-08-2005, 04:40 AM
Cleakfork...wheres the latest pics??? If your in town on Wed-Friday I want to hit the lake....let me know.... Pictures man, pictures.
NB

clearfork
08-08-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey fellas,
Sorry, But the trip to Howard did not produce any pictures. The gentleman that was wet sanding the boat, was not in a hurry. While i was there it was somewhat dull and had suds and different shades of drying water on it. It almost looked pink at one point where they had sanded. Weird, I know but i was assured that all is normal and that the boat looks real bad, before it looks real good.
I am sure that progress will happen in the next few weeks.
I will be back out at some point to take pictures again, and I have a buddy who will be taking some as well.
Maybe it is not my place to say....
Have you guys noticed that there are alot of SPAM ads in the Hot boat section about guys selling cars?
I thought this was a boat forum and not auto trader. MY .02 only.

clearfork
08-08-2005, 07:15 PM
I apreciate all of the suggestions.
many were quite funny and some quite good.
My wife and I both have thought long and hard.
I think we are going to go with .......
Red Barron
It fits us in alot of ways and has some mystique and old world class.
i know some of you will roll your eyes, but I probably wont paint it on the boat anyway. So, I want to say thanks to all for the hard work and input.
CYa MP

NashvilleBound
08-08-2005, 07:27 PM
I'll take that as a no.....

clearfork
08-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Oh I meant to say NO Sir!

clearfork
08-16-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey GT,
How is the ole Girl comin along?
Any Pictures you want to add would be great.
Should be addding things by now, and should be through buffing, Right?
Let us see that shine.
Keep us all in the loop.
Be well, my friend.
MP

TPI
08-16-2005, 05:54 PM
I will be out at Howard the end of this week, I will also be starting on the 900 for this boat in a couple weeks, but I cannot post any pics of that motor until we are about done...................This one is TOP SECRET! But believe me, I will post pics of the boat as any changes take place. I am just hoping to see this boat in the Howard booth at the LA show....................Its just around the corner(February).

NashvilleBound
08-17-2005, 05:44 AM
All smoke and mirrors...I bet there is not even a boat under construction.... :idea:

TPI
08-24-2005, 01:33 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp57m.JPG

TPI
08-24-2005, 01:38 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp56m.JPG

TPI
08-24-2005, 01:40 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp63m.JPG

RiverDave
08-24-2005, 01:41 PM
How About redrum?
Beat me to it...
From one of the finest movies ever made "The Shining"
RD

TPI
08-24-2005, 01:42 PM
All smoke and mirrors...I bet there is not even a boat under construction.... :idea:
Oh.........................No smoke and mirrors here. There is definately a boat!!!

Essex502
08-24-2005, 05:16 PM
Now that's RED! :D

RiverOtter
08-24-2005, 05:18 PM
Hope he likes to wax things :D

clearfork
08-24-2005, 07:03 PM
Now fellas,
Isnt that what the wife is for?

roln 20s
08-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Now fellas,
Isnt that what the wife is for?
Of course, thats what you can tell us...just don't tell her :D :rollside:
-Patrick

Essex502
08-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey GT whats it gona cost for a set up like that or a good ball park number I dont think I can stay where I AM AT. Whats it gona take to Get R Done.
Cash...lots of cash! :D Worth every penny of it too.

TPI
08-25-2005, 06:43 PM
Lunchbox: Dont be hater.........There is no need to lash out here. I dont remember you being so angry, what happened? Still tilting the scale on the heavy side? By the size of that boiler you packin, I dont think "lunchbox" is appropriate....I am thinking: Ice chest, or Buffet Bar, or 2 with cheese? Please send all personal thread hijacking attempts to my PM so you dont interrupt MR Clearfork's thread......................Thanks.
Speedman: You are going to have to decide how fast you would like to go in that Bullet of yours. You tell me the number, and I will build you a combination that can put you there, NO PROBLEM! How does 109 mph sound?Remember, there will always be someone faster.................................
Also, That motor you have is the foundation for a 900+ HP motor, you just need a better set of heads, cam/lifters, a bigger intercooler, and about 40 more cubic inches.

lunchbox
08-25-2005, 10:33 PM
i appologize to gary for giving him a hard time, but in all seriousness MR Clearfork, you picked a hell of a boat and i wouldn't go to anyone else in the industry to help put the power to the water. i have seen Gary on multiple occasions get power and MPH out of boats that i never thought possible. good luck and many happy safe outings.

clearfork
08-26-2005, 07:08 AM
Yeah, Mr. Lunchbox,
I would have pulled my hair out already if Gary hadnt been helping me with my boat. Even though he doesnt know me that well, he has taken me under his wing. I have been educated and even scolded at times. He has taken a personal interest in me and my family. Gary is not just building engines, he is building a partnership.
Truth be known, we have optioned out this boat and it has become expensive.
Foolish as it may sound, I havent even taken a ride in a Howard yet.
Gary's enthusiasm and knowlege of the product and Michael and Gene's willingness to go the extra mile have sold me on their boat.
Speaking of .... Somebody still owes me a boat ride, in the big orange terror.
You fellas Pay attention to the board, Gary says he is pullin out the stops for my engine..........I cannot wait.

TPI
08-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Speedman,
Please send me an interpreter for your response(above). I know I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I dont understand what you are trying to say

TPI
08-28-2005, 05:20 AM
{Laughing} I get it now Speedman.........................It only took me a day to figure it out. Let me know if I can be of service..................................

BLOWN HOWARD
08-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Where is the update pics, come on Gary your slippin

TPI
08-31-2005, 08:10 PM
It hasnt changed........................................The engine is coming along though(But thats top secret).

Riverkid
08-31-2005, 08:38 PM
Some of us have the requisite clearances :smile: ...
Give it up already, would ya?

clearfork
09-01-2005, 06:11 PM
Just to stir the pot, a bit.
Why hasnt anything changed
Tick Tock tick tock,
Friday is around the bend.
I know , I know ,Chill out! Right?

TPI
09-01-2005, 07:06 PM
1 (661)257-9275 for answers regarding your beautiful 28
Your motor is coming along nicely.

NashvilleBound
09-03-2005, 04:24 AM
are we still anticipating a September delivery??????

TPI
09-03-2005, 10:34 AM
Not possible for a couple reasons.
1. The rigging/installation on this boat is going to take some time. It will be all of the latest state of the art hardware, and some of it is still being made.
2. Most importantly, The TPI 900 EFI for this boat will not be done until the Supercharger is ready. Everyone knows that Whipple Superchargers are in high demand and 3300 AX is not available right now. Mr. Clearfork was made aware of this situation when he ordered his motor, and he will be ready for the motor when it's all done.

TPI
09-04-2005, 05:57 AM
I am sure we will be running into one another at the shop. I dont like not knowing so fill me in on the 900.
Whats not to know?

BLOWN HOWARD
09-04-2005, 06:01 AM
Hey GT what is the rumor that Howard is moving up north????

TPI
09-04-2005, 09:01 AM
Sounds like a rumor to me. If they were to ever move, It couldnt be far from their current location. All of the employees live close by.

clearfork
09-17-2005, 07:16 AM
Anything happened lately?
Throw the dog a bone.
We need some pictures.
Progress report from the front lines.
Thanks Buddy.
MP

TPI
09-17-2005, 08:47 AM
Michael,
Nothing that would make a good picture, unfortunately. The guys at Howard appear to be working on the interior,cabin area of your boat, and getting the Sportdeck ready for the upcoming evaluation( detailing, blah blah). I guess you could say they are multitasking. Your boat definately looks nice with the rub rail on it now, but they have it so protected with tape and plastic, you cant really see anything. Side note: Are you coming out with your wife to ride with us in the "great pumpkin"? Oct 3,4th?

FASTERDAMITT
09-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I took this from thier site but are they including the platform?
Length 28'
Max Beam 100"
Approx Weight 4500 lbs
Seating 6
Approx Fuel Cap 80 gal
Hull Deadrise 22.5º
Transom Angle 15º
Freeboard 40"

TPI
09-17-2005, 11:27 AM
Yes, that is the total length of the boat. I measured mine out once and it was 28'2".

hotlavey
09-18-2005, 10:30 AM
As soon as I sell my Lavey I'll be on Howard's doorstep. That 28 looks awesome.

clearfork
09-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Hey GT,
Well I am sorry to do laundry on the boards.
Email is FU on the laptop.Can recieve but will not send.
Can post on HB.
In short, I bid monthly for my schedule.
Bid closed on the 17th (today) bids tallied and posted on the 20th.
By then I will have a godd idea of an aproximate arrival.
Wife is a no go. Worky worky pay for the boaty.
I look forward to the opportunity. By ya some gas?
I hope the 700 does well, I have no doubts.
Be well, call if you like. Sitting in ATL wasting away.
Fly to LAS on Monday P.M.
give my best to the fam.
MP

TPI
09-18-2005, 05:24 PM
We will be there on those dates. If you can make it...........We will run the Great Pumpkin and go have a steak somewhere. Do you like to fish? Maybe we can pull in some bass. Did I tell you how well my fish finder works at Havasu?

clearfork
09-20-2005, 03:20 PM
What are the demensions of the glovebox GT?
I noticed that Trick has A red one discounted on OSO.
I am sure that it is adonized (sp?) not powdercoated.
What are your thoughts and feelings?
Should i just leave well enough alone?
TEll me what you think honestly,keep the black,or go Billet?
Another thing where and what do I choose my s. wheel from?
They have quite a few on Trick marine's website. Suggestions?
Still in ATL,
Be well, Talk soon.........................MP
I am at the crashpad, will check back.

TPI
09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Michael,
The glovebox will be carbon fiber. I will handle that. We will pick out a wheel together.................................Try to e-mail my web address.
Thanks
Gary

Essex502
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
What are the demensions of the glovebox GT?
I noticed that Trick has A red one discounted on OSO.
I am sure that it is adonized (sp?) not powdercoated.
What are your thoughts and feelings?
Should i just leave well enough alone?
TEll me what you think honestly,keep the black,or go Billet?
Another thing where and what do I choose my s. wheel from?
They have quite a few on Trick marine's website. Suggestions?
Still in ATL,
Be well, Talk soon.........................MP
I am at the crashpad, will check back.
One thing Gene pointed out to me when we spec'd our Bullet is that hydraulic steering isn't like conventional steering and the spokes of the wheel don't always line up in the same place every time. We picked the silver Livorsi (it's available in red but don't know if it'll match) wheel for that reason. The wheels with integral grips may have the grips end up at 12:00 and 6:00 when the boat is being driven straight. Think that through. Also, look at the Trick Marine billet battery holders if you are going to use Optima's. We did and I think they came out pretty cool.
Steering wheel:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Completed_7_sm.jpg
Trick Marine battery holders:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Completed_4_sm.jpg

djunkie
09-21-2005, 02:13 PM
One thing Gene pointed out to me when we spec'd our Bullet is that hydraulic steering isn't like conventional steering and the spokes of the wheel don't always line up in the same place every time. We picked the silver Livorsi (it's available in red but don't know if it'll match) wheel for that reason. The wheels with integral grips may have the grips end up at 12:00 and 6:00 when the boat is being driven straight. Think that through. Also, look at the Trick Marine billet battery holders if you are going to use Optima's. We did and I think they came out pretty cool.
Steering wheel:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Completed_7_sm.jpg
Trick Marine battery holders:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1404Completed_4_sm.jpg
E502. Could you post a side pic of your boat? I think I have seen you cruising around town with it.

NashvilleBound
09-21-2005, 04:01 PM
Michael,
The glovebox will be carbon fiber. I will handle that. We will pick out a wheel together.................................Try to e-mail my web address.
Thanks
Gary
Come on now....keep it on the forums...we need something to keep us entertained;)
BTW: Ran the labbed 30..82 out and no humidity...never ran past 74 and 5200rpms.... water is just WAY too flat out here too!

RiverOtter
09-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Come on now....keep it on the forums...we need something to keep us entertained;)
BTW: Ran the labbed 30..82 out and no humidity...never ran past 74 and 5200rpms.... water is just WAY too flat out here too!
Are you saying with the labbed 30 you ran 82 and had never ran past 74 before? Or You ran 74??

TPI
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Something is definately wrong with your equation. The way I understand it:
82 Degrees, No Humidity, 30 lab, 1.5 gear ratio, 5200 RPM===74 mph?
NO WAY, That is just not possible. That would be 24% slip, and I guarantee that Magic is way less than that!
It has to be one of the following three:
1. You had the boat so overtrimmed that the rpm's came way up to 5200.
2. Your Tachometer is set to the wrong setting, giving you a false reading.
3. Your speedometer is off somehow. I assume you have a GPS?
That boat should be running 85-86 mph at 5200 with a 30 lab. The glass water and humidity will NOT make that much of a difference if you are still able to turn the RPM. This thread is definately going to draw some interest now. Unfortunately it wont be for Michaels new Bullet.

NashvilleBound
09-21-2005, 05:20 PM
Alright then...I have GPS...it IS a labbed 30...and we never broke 72ish... @5000+/- rpms.... When I run the out of the box 26 I hit 54-5500 at 80ish....I trim down we slow down...I trim up a bit and it slips...thats why I wanted to try the staggered 6 blade Hydro(or equivelant) Let me make it better....2 guys..250 each...50 gallons of gas. Thats why I asked for an assist when you arrive..... hands on.

throwerb
09-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Let me make it better....2 guys..250 each...
250ishhhhh ;)

TPI
09-21-2005, 07:20 PM
Even with all of the weight, at a true 5200 rpm you should still be going faster than 72. Maybe you have a bad prop? With over 600 HP you should be able to pull that 30 lab. What does magic have to say? They should have all of the answers, right?

RiverOtter
09-22-2005, 03:18 AM
Even with all of the weight, at a true 5200 rpm you should still be going faster than 72. Maybe you have a bad prop? With over 600 HP you should be able to pull that 30 lab. What does magic have to say? They should have all of the answers, right?
:notam: This should be good :notam:

NashvilleBound
09-22-2005, 03:51 AM
Um, give me a minute..... those were my thoughts about turning a 30.... the guys with 525's are pulling 80's....I figure...and i might be wrong.... this motor is roughly 500lbs lighter and 100+ hp more....when I thought I would see possibly 90 I guess I missjudged. THATS why I wanted someone, a neutral 3rd party, to look at the whole setup. Making sure everything is just so. After that I will have the motor dyno'd. Its just that the nearest QUALIFIED place is two and a half hours away at Lake Cumberland Marine. I will do whatever it takes..... Personally if I had to guess, I would say the prop is sitting too high. X wise. I get allot of spray(wash) all the time. Especially at high speeds....can you say slippage?
But what do i know..... :squiggle: :squiggle:
I am putting the 26 back on for the 'event' this weekend. Only thing is I will have 900lbs of passengers....not that that should kill a good speed run.... I will see what I can manage...

NashvilleBound
09-22-2005, 03:55 AM
250ishhhhh ;)
OK...I weighed yesterday...I am 258....sorry;) I gotta get on a diet, I am loosing the battle with the bulge. :cry:

TPI
09-22-2005, 05:01 AM
Hey NB,
As long as your not 5'9" tall, thats not too heavy. Im tipping the scale a little to the heavy side myself. I think my body senses that Winter is coming and its putting on my Winter Coat.
Seriously, weight will make a difference, but the rpms should reflect it, unless you overtrim. The X too high? I am saying NO. They pump out a pretty good number of those boats, and I would be surprised if they would do that. Also, if the X was high enough to cause blowout problems, I would think it would NOT go on plane very well. Humidity can kill a bunch of speed. I know I have personally been down over 10 mph on a hot and humid day with a full load in the boat. It can almost lead a guy to think he has motor problems. I would bet your boat would run in the upper 80's if not better out here in CA. Most guys I talk to from the east coast have to run quite a bit of power out there to run hard. On a good day in CA, AZ, or NV a good hull without a lot of power can lay down some amazing numbers.

NashvilleBound
09-22-2005, 06:24 AM
I guess time will tell then....a week from now we will be down in the lower 80's.... I will bring it up in the morning to test when its 70ish.... with just me, the 30 and fumes......

Havasu Hangin'
09-22-2005, 06:31 AM
I am not an expert...
...but you can run the X higher on those cats because they don't need alot of trim. Try running into the wind (with a little chop)...I've been in cats that running into the wind added over 5 MPH (on the same day/weight load).
Cats hate sticky water.

clearfork
09-22-2005, 08:42 AM
Hey fellas,
I am gone a few days now everybody wants to talk, what gives?
Hey GT you cant be givin too many secrets away.
Mr. NB "jones" is the only guy on the lake I will have to stay ahead of.
He has had the king of the lake boat, tooo long.
Dialin numbers seeing if anybody can come out and play......

clearfork
09-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Hey "Nash Jones"
Another avenue that you might not have thought of is Pier 57.
I think Bob said they also are a Illmor repair/resorce center.
They were very hospitable last time I was there and the gentlemen in the service department talked with me for an hour one day.
Pier 57 is closer to us than L.C.M. by about 1 hour, just a thought and maybe and untapped resource to keep you ahead of the pack.
Good luck and have fun this weekend, I wish I could put another 250 pounds in your boat. maybe I could even it out and keep it from listing.
Next time, I sincerely apreciate it.
Looks like good weather. Be safe.

clearfork
09-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Mr. Essex,(502),
What is strange is I had a 353 Formula with Full Hydraulic steering and had a steering wheel with the moled type gripped area. It always stayed at the correct postion as long as I straightened the drives before shutting down.
It never really moved much, and if it did I never noticed it.
I understand it would be a Pain in the A if it wound around and got stuck 90 or 180 out.
Will have to think long and hard if it is going to be moving around a bit.
GT has the molded type three spoke and he hasnt said anything derrogatory to me yet, will check into it though.
I apreciate you bringing it to my attention.
It sure has been nice speaking to some of you guys. Has helped alot with the potential pitfalls being avoided.
This will be my first "new" boat. Not a handme down.
Looking forward to the fun.

NashvilleBound
09-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Senior ClearFork, Poker Runs on Sat but I am sure I could squeeze in 2-3 hours on Friday....uh....just to clean the pipes out....;) I will need to call Peir 57 as well...always good to have a few sources. And relax...you will be king of the water here if/when you get your sled..... Delivery now January? hehehhe...sorry slim...just giving you a hard time. Let me know if Friday afternoon will work... I've worked two, two hour days this week and I need a break.

Essex502
09-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Mr. Essex,(502),
What is strange is I had a 353 Formula with Full Hydraulic steering and had a steering wheel with the moled type gripped area. It always stayed at the correct postion as long as I straightened the drives before shutting down.
It never really moved much, and if it did I never noticed it.
I understand it would be a Pain in the A if it wound around and got stuck 90 or 180 out.
Will have to think long and hard if it is going to be moving around a bit.
GT has the molded type three spoke and he hasnt said anything derrogatory to me yet, will check into it though.
I apreciate you bringing it to my attention.
It sure has been nice speaking to some of you guys. Has helped alot with the potential pitfalls being avoided.
This will be my first "new" boat. Not a handme down.
Looking forward to the fun.
This was something brought to my attention by Gene at Howard. Seems to hold true.

09-22-2005, 09:09 PM
MP & 502, I have the same wheel & steering and agree with Gene. Unlike conventional steering, there is not a positive stop when the wheel is turned all the way. If you turn past the "stop" point, the next time the drive is centered, the wheel will be off center. At the stop point and beyond, the pump squeels as fluid goes through the bypass, but the wheel still turns. As soon as you turn the other way, the drive will start to move from the new "zero" position of the wheel. That is precisely why I bought the Livorsi wheel. If you never turn the wheel all the way, it should stay pretty straight.
----Rob

weekendwarrior
09-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I'm new here so maybe you can explain this. How do you know how fast a boat is supposed to go with a certain prop and hp? Is there some kind of math formula? Is it based off different hull types?

TPI
09-27-2005, 05:34 AM
Yes,
There is a math formula. It is used to find prop slip. All boats have prop slip, some more than others. For example: a v-bottom will have approx 12-14% slippage and a Cat will have 8-10%(These are examples). A manufacturer should know what the slippage is on all of their boats, providing they are built the same way.

FASTERDAMITT
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
GT, I think we need to change the cat formula now that everyone is building bigger, heavier cats. I would bet alot of newer 28-30' cats have alot of slip due to the extra weight and no increase in air entrapment. Exception would be Skater's and most east coast rigs.

clearfork
09-27-2005, 10:23 AM
SO just for an idea ,what kind of slippage should I exspect with this setup?
What do most of the 28 Howards have?
MP

FASTERDAMITT
09-27-2005, 01:16 PM
I would think your around 13%. My boat runs somehwere between 11 and 13%. Here is a link to try your actual numbers.
http://www.go-fast.com/Prop_Slip_Calculator.htm

clearfork
09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
THank you Sir,
Almost had to pull out the slide rule.
Took a look at your thread.
That is a classy looking boat/design.
I bet you like being the only SB owner in your area.
Probablywont see many Howards out here either, kinda nice.

NashvilleBound
09-27-2005, 04:56 PM
GT...The Magic is headed to Cumberland Marine tomorrow....
26p...max 5400@72ish
30p...max 5000@70ish
Somethings up. The rpms are app as well as the speeds.....but VERY close. That sled should be able to bang the limiter with the 26...and at least hit mid 5000's with the labbed 30...agreed?

weekendwarrior
09-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Yes,
There is a math formula. It is used to find prop slip. All boats have prop slip, some more than others. For example: a v-bottom will have approx 12-14% slippage and a Cat will have 8-10%(These are examples). A manufacturer should know what the slippage is on all of their boats, providing they are built the same way.
Thanks GT. Boats keep going faster and faster because technology is so advanced. Howard made a smart move when they got you involved. :)

clearfork
09-28-2005, 06:07 AM
Hey NB,
Hope you find your problem, you are probably in better hands up in KY.
Sounds like they will know your setup better.
wish ya luck, dont spend all your allowance.
I am going home today, I will try to make a call to the Guru.
Maybe someone can shake this loose for ya.
Keep the faith I am sure this can be "fixed".
Cya...........MP

clearfork
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Hey GT,
Killin some time before I head home, I noticed something on your website.
Looks like the Grey boat in the rigging section had a extension box.
Did that help you or hurt?
I would exspect if it had helped you would have put it on Big Orange.
What did you guys come up with?
I havent seen that boat, I assume it is your old boat right?
Would you mind emailing me a couple of shots of the boat if you have them?
Hope you are well, Got a few days off.
I know you are gonna be busy in the next couple, but I will try my luck and call ya.
Be well.........MP

FASTERDAMITT
09-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey GT,
Looks like the Grey boat in the rigging section had a extension box.
Did that help you or hurt?
I would exspect if it had helped you would have put it on Big Orange.
MP
I'll tune in just for the hell of it. The Superboat did not like an extension box. No matter what hight they used, it still ran the same speed or slower. I guess maybe cause it takes 30HP to run it is why. I would bet it's similar results on a Howard V. GT?

TPI
09-29-2005, 07:04 AM
Regarding the standoff box on a Bullet. On a 25 or 28 it is definately faster, probably 2-3 mph, bet there is a trade off. The bow carries much higher with the box, and there is way less boat in the water. IMO the boat is MUCH easier to drive without one. Especially in the glass. In the rough water, they feel about the same, but like I said, the box is faster. The Bullet is so easy to drive in its stock configuration, that its dummy proof. Case in point: I took my dad in my boat(28 Bullet w/quad-rotor) and he watched me drive the boat for about 3 hours when it was new. I asked him to drive it. He DOES NOT drive boats. He is 62 years old and he has no experience with powerboats at all really, NONE. After about 5 minutes or so, he was maintaining a speed of 97 mph from Steamboat, all the way to havasu Springs. He said he felt comfortable there.
There has been a ton of R&D by the guys at Howard and myself to see what would be the safest, best handling, and fastest combination. No one would ever have to mess with the stock X-dimension, or the gimbal/drive combination on a Bullet for any reason. They are perfect from the factory...........every time. It all comes down to power and propeller, thats it.

clearfork
09-30-2005, 05:17 AM
That is some pretty big numbers for a 28 foot boat.
That is Cat territory.
Has anyone seen those kind of speed numbers in a Howard V?
That would take some Big brass ones....
Not to mention a hefty insurance premium.
Hey Mr. Faster D. how is she running, the temps are dropping in the SE. Looks like a good time here soon for you guys to post some good numbers.
I think GT is on a sabbatical right now, should return briefly.
Hope he has impressive numbers too.

TPI
09-30-2005, 05:33 AM
The previous owner of the standoff box 28/1000 HP motor claims to have run 106.
As far as I know, Mike Willen drove Budges closed bow 28/1065HP QR to 106.
There is another 28 cuddy/open bow with a 1000+HP QR that was tested at 104.
Jimmy's all white 28 Bullet/980+HP twin turbo was tested at 101 on a ver hot day.
I have driven an orange 28 with 1105hp that runs just over 110(on several occassions).
All of these boats are damn fast, and all of them are capable of going even faster. IN THE RIGHT CONDITIONS. These big motors are easily affected by temp/humidity, so these numbers above mean nothing to me, with regard to who is the fastest, or if the box works or not. The box IS faster, Factually it is, and I have tried it, but it is not worth the sacrifice of the handling, IMO. These boats do not need any added hardware to perform.
Michael, we will not be in Havasu. Maybe Tuesday, but the boat is not going.
It appears that my fire station is surrounded by fire, so I need to head into work, It looks like I am going to be running around in the Agoura area for a few days.

clearfork
09-30-2005, 05:47 AM
Hey No worries,
I was going to bring the MRS. out.
We will wait till next season I guess.
I will go and make a surprise inspection at ground zero (Valencia).
Either way, I understand. Hope all is well.
Did ya get good numbers on Mr decky?
If anything changes or you need a sandwhich boy, let me know.
I will get in 22:00 on sunday and fly out 21:30 on Monday.
Take care..............Be careful (Fire).............MP

NashvilleBound
09-30-2005, 11:31 AM
These last few posts have made my day...I thoguht with the 900(respectively) he was going to run 110+...which would mean i would need to change motors...uh, ya... Now at just over 100mph CF is still game;) Course it looks like i am changing motors anyways :) :) A few upgrades next spring...whalla....well be running together...just what you wanted eh CF??

clearfork
09-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey NB Jones,
Yeah my only problem is FUNDING.
I may be faster for the moment but your bank roll is substantially larger.
I dont stand a chance, but i will look good in second place.
Gonna be a sweet ride , I cannot wait.
I am just glad to be in the club for once instead of a backseat driver,
always a brides maid never a bride.
Did you have a talk with the Ilmor folks?
Any upgrades or are you gonna change the setup?
Or just break down and buy the E-ticket.
Maybe one thing I could say, the boat isnt even finished yet.
But I was king for a day.

NashvilleBound
09-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey NB Jones,
Yeah my only problem is FUNDING.
I may be faster for the moment but your bank roll is substantially larger.
I dont stand a chance, but i will look good in second place.
Gonna be a sweet ride , I cannot wait.
I am just glad to be in the club for once instead of a backseat driver,
always a brides maid never a bride.
Did you have a talk with the Ilmor folks?
Any upgrades or are you gonna change the setup?
Or just break down and buy the E-ticket.
Maybe one thing I could say, the boat isnt even finished yet.
But I was king for a day.
Hey ClearFork...Dont kid yourself...your ride will be amazing!! Dont go the bankroll route...Mr Pilot.... Ilmor stepped up and is taking care of the problem...I had no doubt. I will upgrade my ride next year....just need to be patient waiting for the "right" upgrade. Any news on your sled?
How about some pictures? Come on now.....

Beer-30
09-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Hey, NB, there are some pretty mean twin-turbo'd vipers out there. Talk to Hennesey and see what they can do! :devil:
http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/index.php

NashvilleBound
09-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey, NB, there are some pretty mean twin-turbo'd vipers out there. Talk to Hennesey and see what they can do! :devil:
http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/index.php
something like this?http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/hennesseyperformance/ItemDetail.php?Item_ID=142&cart=vxeoGOeV&DoThis=Dodge+Viper+SRT10&ActionReq=Where
$42k for the upgrade that is BELOW this one...uh, no. I cn only imagine what this one would be....course I will call but I doubt it;)
I just wrote to them, pictures enclosed, well see what they say.

09-30-2005, 10:05 PM
JR,
Check your PM's. I'm prayin too.
----Rob

NashvilleBound
10-01-2005, 04:09 AM
If I read into what you guys are writing....lifes short and you never know when your time is up....thats the biggest reason I left CA....to have a life.

TPI
10-01-2005, 05:20 AM
JR,
I am sure you will be getting multiple diagnosis's on this from different Docs. This is VERY important, along with the good attitude that I know you already have. I am certain as stubborn as you are, you will find a way to kick this things ass. We will say a special prayer that everything will be fine with your health. I am sure I will be talking to you soon.
Michael,
Your boat is coming along, I have to post some pics to get this thread back on track. I will work on that as soon as this fire is over in Ventura County.
Oh and by the way, That Howard Sportdeck ran well in Parker!

clearfork
10-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Hey guys,
I spent a few minutes talkin with speedman one day.
He gave me some good advice and told me some of his Boating/Howard stories.
LOng and short of it, we have never met, and I he doesnt know me from Adam.
Here is the kicker, he took his time and his dime to call and talk for me for an hour or two. About something we are both passsoniate about.
It made me feel good to know somebody had been down some of the same paths as I had, and to sit back and realax and enjoy this time of building a nice toy.
Here is what I ask, There are alot of people that read these threads everyday.
There is power in a prayer. Take a minute and just say a few things.
All I ask.
Speedman we are thinking of you, God Bless.
This may not have been the appropriate place to put this, But i want him to know the guys on the board are pullin for him.

TPI
10-04-2005, 05:31 PM
No problem JR, I have all of the faith in the world you will Get R done! A quick story:
So Michael(Clearfork)shows up at Howard today to check out his boat, and I have my Orange pumpkin out front ready to go to the lake. I figured I would take Michael up to Castaic for a little ride(keeping it under 35 mph of course). The lake was CLOSED all day due to wind. I told them I had a 28 Bullet and it loves wind, but we still could not GET R Done. I was a little bummed, as I havnt been in that boat for over a month. Some other time I guess.

clearfork
10-05-2005, 03:21 PM
Hey GT,
Well things should start coming together....Talked with Mike today. I am going to stick witht the white.
It will be easy to keep clean and keep the Mrs. from burning her tush.
Also will be a contrast for all the other color in the boat. The more i thought about it, it seemed the logical choice.
As far as boat rides, it gives me something to look forward to.
My first ride in a Howard will be in my boat.
I am excited about all the progress.
You will have to start posting some pics for the boys this week and next.
I enjoyed watching the progression of the deck boat. Truely a nice ride.
You did a very nice job on the engine, impressive piece.
Be well, Talk soon.............MP

NashvilleBound
10-05-2005, 04:35 PM
Pictures=good;)

TPI
10-09-2005, 07:12 PM
Michael,
I will definately post some pics of your boat, because its really coming along. I have been working pretty hard on your 900 as well as the 900 for the 28 going to NM. I will be at Howard Tuesday and I have to bring my camara and snap a few pics. Maybe I will post some pics of the "other" 900 for a teaser..............................

clearfork
10-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Hey GT,
TIme to post some pics.
We just want something to stare at.
My visit didnt really have any meat and potatoes to show the group.
The next time you head in to Howard or wander back to your shop, start shootin. We are ready.
Hope you are well, back to the grindstone on Tues.4day trip home friday noon
Outdrive should be in and hangin this week?
Tell Bill no lunch till every wire has a friend. (male to female)
Be well, post soon....................MP

TPI
10-11-2005, 05:02 AM
I will take pictures and post them, probably Tuesday night.
Cant hang an outdrive without a motor to plug it into. The motor will be dynoed and done in about a month. For now, Here is a pic to your 900's twin brother. Your motor is just as far along, it just has a little different look(you know what I mean).
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383jc91m.JPG

Beer-30
10-11-2005, 10:45 AM
GT, you're such a tease! One little pic.

TPI
10-11-2005, 08:47 PM
See.........................................You guys are never satisfied. I will try to post some pics tomorrow of the boat. Regarding the motor: Just look at the pic above,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,It looks the same, but different. :cool:

Beer-30
10-11-2005, 09:41 PM
LOL, ain't it the truth!?!

TPI
10-12-2005, 11:25 AM
Here are a few for now.........................
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp1.JPG

TPI
10-12-2005, 11:27 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp4.JPG

Beer-30
10-12-2005, 11:32 AM
You're already running the engine at 3-grand? LOL
Thanks for the pics.

NashvilleBound
10-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Kind of a small steering wheel.....I guess its good enough for a pilot;)

RiverOtter
10-12-2005, 04:35 PM
:idea: Hmmm.... might need to clean that rigging up a bit :D

Essex502
10-12-2005, 05:07 PM
Gary, are you doing the rigging? Sweet! What are the two extra gauges next to the steering wheel? I can't quite make out what the dials indicate.

TPI
10-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Howard is doing all of the rigging, and I am providing the motor/drive. The guages are boost and fuel pressure.

throwerb
10-13-2005, 02:16 PM
That boat is beautiful can't wait to see it go by me on the lake. :D

NashvilleBound
10-13-2005, 03:05 PM
That boat is beautiful can't wait to see it go by me on the lake. :D
LOL.......wait....I guess that includes me too :notam: :notam: :notam:

TPI
10-14-2005, 07:07 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383jc17m.JPG

throwerb
10-14-2005, 07:16 AM
LOL.......wait....I guess that includes me too :notam: :notam: :notam:
Judging by the looks of that motor we better not blink. :jawdrop:

clearfork
10-14-2005, 08:04 AM
THis is as bad as being 5 years old and waiting for Christmas.
Looking pretty darn cool fellas, keep up the good work.
Wont be long now....

TPI
10-14-2005, 08:06 PM
If we drag this thing out long enough.......................we might be able to stuff it under the tree for you? Michael, I sent you pics did you get them?

Beer-30
10-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Hey GT, are they getting stud girdles? or do you not use them? Just curious. Doubt the RPM will require them, but I figure you for an overkill kinda guy.

TPI
10-15-2005, 04:16 AM
You must have me mistaken for someone else.(laughing) I like to do things the right way, without having to "overkill them". I definately am not a corner cutter. I am a bit "overkill" on the detail aspect though. I like these motors to really look sharp. The hydraulic roller I use is very tame, so there is no stud girdle necessary. These 900's will never see over 5900 rpm(Unless Michael needs me to come out and hop it up a little bit for a local Tenessee match race?

throwerb
10-15-2005, 05:30 AM
These 900's will never see over 5900 rpm(Unless Michael needs me to come out and hop it up a little bit for a local Tenessee match race?
Hey NB Jones, I think you may need a new co-pilot :( Don't think I can do anything (other than go on a diet) to make your boat faster.

NashvilleBound
10-15-2005, 06:36 AM
Michael, I sent you pics did you get them?
Pictures? To CF?? How about here?????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NashvilleBound
10-15-2005, 06:37 AM
Hey NB Jones, I think you may need a new co-pilot :( Don't think I can do anything (other than go on a diet) to make your boat faster.
LOL....I think well be fine;) I will make sure of it.

clearfork
10-15-2005, 07:01 AM
Hey GT,
Yep I have the pictures, LOOKIN Real Good.
I am at the crashpad, email in, none out, Home tonight.
Fellas, Gary will post soon. There is a good reason I assure you.
Throwerb, Buddy as long as NB still keeps sending cases of twinkies to my house you dont have to worry about losing weight. There will be plenty of ballast in my boat. I would say with the first mate and lil mate even with a few 100 or so more ponies Mr. Jones boat will always be ahead. Dont want to blow the Mrs. hair to much. Might catch up every once in a while if she goes below.
As far as Christmas delivery Mr. Taylor, I am just hoping that it isnt a Big Valentines day gift from the Willen family. I prefer chocolate and roses.

clearfork
10-15-2005, 07:08 AM
hey GT,
wouldnt there be alot less oil in the bilge if there was valve covers on the heads?
I have some swipes at home but this looks like a bigger mess than that.
All that pretty gel coat ruined, and oil consumption will be incredibly high.
J/K just got the second batch.
You do great work, gonna be a work of art.
be a shame to run that thing, oh yeah i forgot, gotta stay ahead of Mr. NB and the Jones clan.

Beer-30
10-15-2005, 08:14 AM
You must have me mistaken for someone else.(laughing) I like to do things the right way, without having to "overkill them". I definately am not a corner cutter. I am a bit "overkill" on the detail aspect though. I like these motors to really look sharp. The hydraulic roller I use is very tame, so there is no stud girdle necessary. These 900's will never see over 5900 rpm(Unless Michael needs me to come out and hop it up a little bit for a local Tenessee match race?
Cool. Just curious. :D

NashvilleBound
10-15-2005, 09:28 AM
We are hitting the water tomorrow to break the new motor in.....if your interested....

TPI
10-15-2005, 11:15 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp60.JPG

TPI
10-15-2005, 11:16 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383mp61.JPG

clearfork
10-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Sparky,
No Dude i sincerely would love to go but....
Get home 1030 pm tonight FRI
have to go out again on Sunday AM
one real day home
As a favor to me and the boys let us know how it goes.
Wish you well, careful dont break it.
I will be home tuesday pm
Off for a week, will get together then maybe?
Be well, MP
Nice Pics GT....Keep Em comin..................................THank you

NashvilleBound
10-16-2005, 04:28 AM
Hey Sparky,
No Dude i sincerely would love to go but....
Get home 1030 pm tonight FRI
have to go out again on Sunday AM
one real day home
As a favor to me and the boys let us know how it goes.
Wish you well, careful dont break it.
I will be home tuesday pm
Off for a week, will get together then maybe?
Be well, MP
Gotcha. Maybe next time...course next time you will have your "Bullet" and I will be in YOUR wake.....Looks like we will need jackets in a few weeks when you get yours.....any chance to get on the water is good with me.....I dont care if its snowing... So you are getting all the cases of twinkies I am sending right?!??!?!??! Gotta do what you gotta do :idea: :idea:

clearfork
10-17-2005, 08:14 PM
hey guys,
I was just reading the deckboat thread.
may be in trouble for copying all the red boats out there.
J/K
Gary,
A true gentleman. I dont know how you keep your composure sometimes.
Maybe cause you know you are already doin it better.
Love your work,keep the faith.

Essex502
10-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Get your legal "team" together cause Hallet is gonna' sue for you stealing their idea of an all read boat! HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Creator
10-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Get your legal "team" together cause Hallet is gonna' sue for you stealing their idea of an all read boat! HAHAHAHAHAHA.
NO No No....There was a boat from the 80's not sure of the manufacturer but it was called the Ferrari boat, about 35 feet long and all red with black trim. They have the market on all red boats, gotta go to them first. Unless they sold the rights to Hallett.
J/K :rollside: :rollside:

10-18-2005, 09:22 PM
Are you referring to the 33' Chris Craft Fittapaldi? Mid to late 80's?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/2442Chris_Craft.bmp
Seen one at Havasu from time to time.

Creator
10-18-2005, 09:35 PM
Hmm, looks similar. The one I'm thinking of had the Ferrari symbol on the radar bar but looked just like the one you pictured. Could be one in the same.

clearfork
10-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Fellas,
Hey nash. Jones can you put the thread back on the map and post the pics that I sent ya?
Just a little tidbit to keep the thread going and give me and the boys something to talk about.
Hey GT
If you have made a visit, throw some pics our way....Thanks in advance fellas.
MP

Beer-30
10-25-2005, 02:54 PM
Not meaning to jack the thread, but isn't this like the one in the movie "Tequila Sunrise" ?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/522/2442Chris_Craft.bmp

NashvilleBound
10-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey Fellas,
Hey nash. Jones can you put the thread back on the map and post the pics that I sent ya?
Just a little tidbit to keep the thread going and give me and the boys something to talk about.
Hey GT
If you have made a visit, throw some pics our way....Thanks in advance fellas.
MP
You told me specifically not too....I know nothing about pictures;)

clearfork
10-25-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey buddy ole pal,(NB)
hee hee heee heee heee
I think it is going to be in the middle 40's tommorow.
Lets go do some prop testing.
I am going to let you borrow the 2 blade off my MINN KOTA.
I think it is a 8" 10.542 pitch, that should spin up to 6200 easily.
Sorta seems like the summer got away from us, didnt it.
There is always next year.
Be well, I think you know what I mean dont you.
I know hear no evil see no evil speak no evil.

NashvilleBound
10-26-2005, 03:33 AM
Hey buddy ole pal,(NB)
hee hee heee heee heee
I think it is going to be in the middle 40's tommorow.
Lets go do some prop testing.
I am going to let you borrow the 2 blade off my MINN KOTA.
I think it is a 8" 10.542 pitch, that should spin up to 6200 easily.
Sorta seems like the summer got away from us, didnt it.
There is always next year.
Be well, I think you know what I mean dont you.
I know hear no evil see no evil speak no evil.
LOL....I hear you. I'm not sure about the prop tho....having a tough time hitting 6k still. It doesnt matter how cold it is when your ride gets here.... we're hitting the water.

clearfork
11-02-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey Fellas,
I will be heading out to check on the boat on Friday. From what Mike and Gene have said the boat is completed, and we are waiting for the "motor".
Gary is also in the homestretch, and we are down to weeks instead of months.
MY wife and I both are very excited, and are looking forward to getting into the boat. Gene has promised to make engine sounds while Mike is going to spray water into my face, while I drive it around the showroom. If you are interested in this type of ride you are welcome to come. we probably wont get her up to full speed because the room is only about 40 feet across.
But we will have any idea of how the ride is going to be, nice and flat.
I wanted to ask any of you guys that have been out to Howard lately and seen the boat. Any suggestions? Just a few things left to straigten out with the boys and she will be through.
I will be a good boy and take as many pictures of the boat as possible and try to make a decent post at the begining of next week.
The engine unveiling will also be soon I hear, keep one ear to the rail, she's a comin too.
So if you guys see some guy in the left lane on the 405 driving 15-20 mph just honk as you go by. We will be taking all the sights in and don't want any to sneek by. Dumb Ole Country boy in the big city.
Just waiting for spring now......................................MP

throwerb
11-02-2005, 03:28 PM
Hey Fellas,
I will be heading out to check on the boat on Friday. From what Mike and Gene have said the boat is completed, and we are waiting for the "motor".
MY wife and I both are very excited, and are looking forward to getting into the boat. Gene has promised to make engine sounds while Mike is going to spray water into my face, while I drive it around the showroom. If you are interested in this type of ride you are welcome to come. we probably wont get her up to full speed because the room is only about 40 feet across.
I wanted to ask any of you guys that have been out to Howard lately and seen the boat. Any suggestions? Just a few things left to straigten out with the boys and she will be through.
I will be a good boy and take as many pictures of the boat as possible and try to make a decent post at the begining of next week.
The engine unveiling will also be soon I hear, keep one ear to the rail, she's a comin too.
So if you guys see some guy in the left lane on the 405 driving 15-20 mph just honk as you go by. We will be taking all the sights in and don't want any to sneek by. Dumb Ole Country boy in the big city.
Did you decide how you are going to get it back here?

RiverOtter
11-02-2005, 05:21 PM
There is a guy here in the Nooga that would go get it. Pretty reasonable too. PM me if interested. :cool:

clearfork
11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Hey otter and Trowerb
Yes, I have made plans.
Somone with a special interest has offered to bring it out.
I thank you very much for all of the offers and your consideration.
This will be the best for us.
Alot of issues for a "private party" to transport.
Expensive toy, dont want any issues with insurance company.
I think you understand.
Be well, I will save both of you a place for a ride if you like....Looking forward to someone spitting on my boat.
Talk soon, post even sooner...................................MP

throwerb
11-02-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey otter and Trowerb
Looking forward to someone spitting on my boat.
Talk soon, post even sooner...................................MP
I can't wait to go for a ride! As far as a spitter goes I can bring this guy, I hear he has his own pair of $500 dollar sunglasses now.

NashvilleBound
11-03-2005, 05:09 AM
For the love of God let that picture die. I get sick every time I see it :D Throwerb and CF: Its going to be 80 plus on friday and I am headed to the lake for a dam run. Maybe 2-3 hours of lake time. If either or both of you want to go just let me know. I know you BOTH could use a little sun;) RO: Your welcome to head up too...I think Center Hill direct from the Nooga is just at an hour.....
.........and the sunglass deal still burns me up. :lightsabe :lightsabe But Iam sure it will be good humor when I call the debt.

clearfork
11-03-2005, 05:42 AM
Hey nashjonesbound,
since you are giving away free sunglasses, I would like to put in my order for a free pair. Those that your Buddy has on in red would suit me fine.
Ya know it really is very considerate for you to be concerned about everyones eyes enough to give away glasses.
I would be happy to run up and down your boat with a towel in return.
Always going the extra mile...........man oh man.
I once again will have to bow out, I will be in Valencia on Friday. Then I am going to Newbury park wherever that is. I sincerely apreciate the offer. You guys better enjoy these last couple of days in the sun, Stay golden ponyboy.
Any Prop news?
Have you talked with throttle up?
See ya soon.............................................. ............MP
Also the number to performance propeller in nashville
615-847-5987
2001 Old Hickory Blvd.
Old Hickory TN. 37138
I talked with James.........................MP

SDLifesaver
11-03-2005, 05:55 AM
Mr Clearfork, will you be there on the 9th? That is the day we are headed up to beautiful Valencia to order our new Howard. I am quite sure your wounds are deeper than ours but we could compare wallets with 6 figure holes in them. Nick

throwerb
11-03-2005, 06:47 AM
For the love of God let that picture die. I get sick every time I see it :D Throwerb and CF: Its going to be 80 plus on friday and I am headed to the lake for a dam run. Maybe 2-3 hours of lake time. If either or both of you want to go just let me know. I know you BOTH could use a little sun;) RO: Your welcome to head up too...I think Center Hill direct from the Nooga is just at an hour.....
.........and the sunglass deal still burns me up. :lightsabe :lightsabe But Iam sure it will be good humor when I call the debt.
First order of business consider the pic (although it makes me laugh everytime I look at it :) ) dead :frown: . Second I would love to come friday, just need to see if mommy can watch baby :confused: . Last I am sure beyond a shadow of a doubt that kid will end up paying over $500 dollars for the shades one way or another. :cool:
CF "other Jones" have a safe trip to Cali, let me know if you need anything while in Cali, I have ALOT of family there.

Essex502
11-03-2005, 06:04 PM
Hey Fellas,
I was at Howard last week and Gene said the boat was basically done except they were waiting for the motor. It looked good but I think Gene said he wanted to do some more color sanding.
We'll be dropping our boat off at Howard this weekend as well for a little cleanup work.

clearfork
11-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Well Mr Essex 502,
Thanks for the report, Gene hasnt mentioned any sanding.
What are the planning on sanding?
Sounds strange......The gel has been buffed many times why would they go backwards.....Maybe something left to the professionals, I should probably just sit back and relax. What are you having cleaned up?
Well good luck maybe I will see your ride while I am out there.
MP

clearfork
11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Hello Mr SDlifesaver,
I am sorry but we will arrive Thursday night@8:00 (NOV 3RD)
and then leave sometime on saturday (NOV 5th).
Quick and dirty because I have to work on sunday.
This is one of the few times the MRS. is able to go.
As far as money spent and comparing wallets and the deep pain inflicted upon my finacial well being. I no longer have a wallet and I am now asking gene for my allowance every week. As long as I eat my spinich and turnip greens he sends me 5.oo for a coke and a cookie for my wife,son and I to share. J/K
I got myself in the majority of this mess, but it sure has been fun.
Now it is time to sell it.
(wham..... the sound of gary's keyboard hitting the wall)
We had to make it a nice boat you never know when you might have to live in it................................Be Good................Heading west tommorow A.M.
MP

SDLifesaver
11-03-2005, 07:45 PM
I just talked to Mike today and he mentioned that you were coming to town tomorrow. Your boat looks awesome in the pictures and I am sure you are going to be very pleased with every aspect of it. Howard is a great builder and we are so excited to be getting another one. We loved our first one and am sure we will be even happier wth this new one. Be sure to make an effort to bring your boat to the Regatta next summer. The first one this last summer was great and we can't wait for the next one. Good luck Thursday when you get your boat. Nick

phebus
11-06-2005, 08:46 PM
I hope to meet you some day, you have a great attitude and ethics. It's great to hear of your good news.
Rick

clearfork
11-10-2005, 07:30 PM
Well hello Mr Speedman, (JR)
I am thrilled to hear of your prognosis, sounds like it time to celebrate and give thanks. Time to start on the 900 now isnt it?
Glad to hear you are well, gotta keep the Howard boys all together.
Be well....MP
Well we are back from CALI and it is sure good to be in your own bed.
No Pictures, there are two definitions of finished obviously.
On a good note..
I finally got to meet Gary's better half and we all got to spend some time together and talk about everything and not just motors for once.It was a real good time and the highlight of the trip.
One of the best dinners I have had in awhile. Thanks GT
Tell the girls I am getting them something together, another "little" package.
you have a beautiful family, we are both very blessed.
take care talk soon
Go back to worky work tommorow..............another 4 day.......MP

NashvilleBound
11-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Is the boat finished or not?

throwerb
11-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Well hello Mr Speedman, (JR)
I am thrilled to hear of your prognosis, sounds like it time to celebrate and give thanks. Time to start on the 900 now isnt it?
Glad to hear you are well, gotta keep the Howard boys all together.
Be well....MP
Well we are back from CALI and it is sure good to be in your own bed.
No Pictures, there are two definitions of finished obviously.
On a good note..
I finally got to meet Gary's better half and we all got to spend some time
together and talk about everything and not just motors for once.It was a real good time and the highlight of the trip.
One of the best dinners I have had in awhile. Thanks GT
Tell the girls I am getting them something together, another "little" package.
you have a beautiful family, we are both very blessed.
take care talk soon
Go back to worky work tommorow..............another 4 day.......MP
Welcome home! Hope the trip was smooth.

TPI
11-14-2005, 05:27 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383P1010001.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383P1010002a.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383P1010004.JPG
This boat is really looking nice.

NashvilleBound
11-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Nothing but red x's......

TPI
11-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Really?
You guys cant see the pics? They are coming up fine on my computer??? :messedup: :boxingguy :messedup:

NashvilleBound
11-14-2005, 06:21 PM
I still cant see them......

Beer-30
11-14-2005, 06:57 PM
Looks fine here.

TPI
11-14-2005, 07:05 PM
Nothing but red x's......
Your computer hates you..........................

11-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Pics look great!

NashvilleBound
11-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Your computer hates you..........................
Its not the only thing............ :idea: But for whatever reason I can see them now....nice.

TPI
11-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Actually, my computer does the same thing sometimes. The boat is really coming a long. I really like the fading "mood lights" under the bow, nice touch.

NashvilleBound
11-15-2005, 07:15 AM
Did he stay with the fringe around the perimeter and the fuzzy dice too?

TPI
11-15-2005, 08:27 AM
He opted out on the fringe and fuzzy dice, sadly. He said he had to save all of his money for the motor.

NashvilleBound
11-15-2005, 08:35 AM
LOL.......bummer. Sadly he will be such an outcast without.

INSman
11-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Hey Gary, congrats on the nice Powerboat write-up on the new Howard deck with that snappy 700 of yours in back !!!
Now, you might want to consider sending (2) of those 700's over to Dave at DCB to put in their new 30' Sportdeck !! :idea: :D

FASTERDAMITT
11-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Beautiful boat! I am concerned of the low profile seats in rough water at 100 mph. I notice most west coast builder do the same. Is this for styling so the seat doesn't protrude above the deck lines? I feel more secure in a full seat as with many high end rigs you see comming out nowadays. Your even seeing many with 5 or 7 point harness's also. Mine will have belts of some kind soon. My friend lost a passenger in his Daytona at 100 once. I don't want to be responsable for that. What's your take on this?

TPI
11-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Hey Gary, congrats on the nice Powerboat write-up on the new Howard deck with that snappy 700 of yours in back !!!
Now, you might want to consider sending (2) of those 700's over to Dave at DCB to put in their new 30' Sportdeck !! :idea: :D
From what I understand, DCB has a custom motor builder that they use exclusively, even when the customer request's a different motor. It seems to work well for all parties involved, so I think that's great for them.

TPI
11-15-2005, 01:26 PM
Beautiful boat! I am concerned of the low profile seats in rough water at 100 mph. I notice most west coast builder do the same. Is this for styling so the seat doesn't protrude above the deck lines? I feel more secure in a full seat as with many high end rigs you see comming out nowadays. Your even seeing many with 5 or 7 point harness's also. Mine will have belts of some kind soon. My friend lost a passenger in his Daytona at 100 once. I don't want to be responsable for that. What's your take on this?
The way I see it(Being an ex flat bottom driver), If my boat get's loose, I WANT OUT! I dont want to be tangled up inside. I will take my chances when I skip across the lake. As far as the seats go, I think most of these guys out here, only use there boats on lakes, not too much in the rough nasty ocean. I have never been "thrown around" in a 28 Bullet, nor have I continuously jumped it and beat it up. The seating is very comfortable, and all that have them(28's) seem to really like it. Also, with 120+ degree air temps out here, I personally dont want too much of my body touching a big seat, just my low back and butt! I always thought it looked kind of funny to see a powerboat with "high back" seats in it, but they are out there.

INSman
11-15-2005, 01:54 PM
From what I understand, DCB has a custom motor builder that they use exclusively, even when the customer request's a different motor. It seems to work well for all parties involved, so I think that's great for them.
I guess NO DCB for me then !! :eek: :hammer2: :wink: :D

Goodtime$
11-15-2005, 02:11 PM
Teague or Merc i believe...would be cool to see one built with TP700s or Turbo Brummetts...oh well. great job on the build, keep us posted on the pics...

INSman
11-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Teague or Merc i believe...would be cool to see one built with TP700s or Turbo Brummetts...oh well. great job on the build, keep us posted on the pics...
You can add Ilmor to that list as well :cool:

TPI
11-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Michael,
Your motor is looking real nice, I hope to see it dynoed by Dec 1st. That would be great. Happy Thanksgiving.

phebus
11-21-2005, 03:10 PM
The "zincs" are on the outdrive.

Beer-30
11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Electrolysis would be the active word here.

TPI
12-03-2005, 09:26 PM
One of the motors will be on the dyno this week and the other will be done next week. I know what kind of power they make already, so there will be no surprises when the dyno is over. They will make a conservative 900+. Both these 900's are beautiful and the new owners should be very happy. They have already seen their finished motors. I will keep you guys updated:
JR, When are you going to buy my quad?

Riverkid
12-03-2005, 10:31 PM
for taking care of my buddy Rod from AUS. He's really looking forward to hopping up his Cyclone. Come find us at the Catalina Ski Race next July (Boat 172) and we'll buy you a beer or three... We'll have a bunch of those Koala Kissers around town that weekend. :)

TPI
12-04-2005, 06:02 AM
for taking care of my buddy Rod from AUS. He's really looking forward to hopping up his Cyclone. Come find us at the Catalina Ski Race next July (Boat 172) and we'll buy you a beer or three... We'll have a bunch of those Koala Kissers around town that weekend. :)
No problem,
He is going to love that Whipple motor. I will do my best to come find you guys in June, and Thanks for the referral.

TPI
12-04-2005, 04:42 PM
I will probably be putting a single whipple on my motor and making a flat hatch. My big speed days are over, and I need to make the orange pumpkin a little more fisherman friendly. We will see.

TPI
12-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Oh dont get me wrong. I still want to hit an occassional triple digit on demand. I just want to detune the big boy a bit and hang the scoop on the wall.

TPI
12-09-2005, 07:16 AM
I needed to get a pic over here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383jr3mm.JPG

dr. margarita
12-12-2005, 03:48 PM
I needed to get a pic over here.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383jr3mm.JPG
Black chrome headers? :cool:

TPI
12-13-2005, 08:36 PM
Wont be long now
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383Picture_017m.jpg

TPI
12-13-2005, 08:38 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383Picture_020m.jpg

TPI
12-13-2005, 08:39 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/383Picture_024m.jpg

clearfork
12-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey Gentlemen,
Some of you guys that may be going by Howard, Can I ask a Favor?
I sure would like some shots of the boat. How it is coming along, some pictures of the Howard Logo's, etc.....
I am really anxious and The weather here stinks ,so maybe a little tidbit to get me through till I can take some Of my own?
Will be going out to California in the next 3 weeks I would suspect, Not sure when but soon. Cant wait.
Any help is greatly apreciated.......Michael

NashvilleBound
12-15-2005, 08:02 AM
Will it be done by spring? What was the actual official start date of this project? Just curious......

TPI
12-15-2005, 08:17 AM
It will be done real soon. Howard has been right on track with everything. There was never a date set because we have been waiting for a supercharger. When the new 200AX Whipple came out, we snagged one of those which pushed us back a little further. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,TPI has been the bottleneck, and the best part is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,All parties involved knew it would be a while, due to the SC shortage, but my customers still ordered motors from me, and decided to wait. That was a real compliment, I thought. Thanks for the support Michael, and I will send you that REAL SMALL pulley you and I talked about, that should get you well over 1000 HP, just in case any of the "locals" want to step up and run. Dont forget to put 110 gas in it :rollside:

Beer-30
12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Which ECM was it that you run? MEFI-4?

TPI
12-15-2005, 10:37 AM
I run the Autronic or the mefi4. This 900 has a mefi4.

clearfork
12-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Well Like Gary said, it has been a long road but I knew that from the first week. I have no regrets whatsoever. It has actually been fun, waiting and thinking and making our Howard everything we wanted.
If we had rushed it through some of the little things along the way would have been missed. So actually it has been in our favor. Who knew?
You guys will be very impressed with the motor I think.
The pictures dont do it justice.
I could not be prouder of my boat.
The boat itself looks better in person too, I cannot wait to get her in the water. I bet you in the next 10 days there will be pictures here of the "Red Barron" scooting down the water with Gary and Mike and two BIG smiles.
Tails/Exhaust go on Monday i think.
Started March 12 and Now we are in the homestretch........MP

clearfork
12-15-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey GT,
Small pulley, good.
Cat in rear view, better.
Beer and a Steak, with a good Pal, Best.
Thanks MP
Couldnt help myself.

NashvilleBound
12-15-2005, 02:25 PM
I'll be in CA from the 25th to the 31st....if your coming in then let me know...... I'll drive out to AZ.....

Beer-30
12-15-2005, 03:46 PM
I run the Autronic or the mefi4. This 900 has a mefi4.
That's what I thought. Cool. Easy tuning.

Essex502
12-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Here's a couple of pictures I took of the red rocketship while at Howard today. I emailed Clearfork more and I will let him post them unless he gives me the okay to post more.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_015_sm.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_003_sm.jpg

TPI
12-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey,
Damnet! Who left that roll of tape on the motor!!!!!!!!!!!They are going to scratch it! Just kidding...............They went the extra mile and put tape everywhere to PREVENT scratches. Thats why I love those Howard Guys! They help make my stuff look good! Those letters look great!

TPI
12-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Here's a couple of pictures I took of the red rocketship while at Howard today. I emailed Clearfork more and I will let him post them unless he gives me the okay to post more.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_015_sm.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_003_sm.jpg
Mike,
I will personally except the wrath from MR Clearfork if he does not approve(He will approve). If you have some good shots, post them. He would think it was very nice of you, IMO.
Thanks

Essex502
12-16-2005, 06:36 PM
TPI Motor
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_004_sm.jpg
Batteries and Port Side Hydraulics
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_005_sm.jpg
Captain's Chair
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_007_sm.jpg
Drive Unit
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_008_sm.jpg
Transom Audio Control
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_009_sm.jpg
Logo
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_010_sm.jpg
On the Trailer
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/279Dec_16_2005_013_sm.jpg
Cutout for Carbon Fiber Cover
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/279Dec_16_2005_016_sm.jpg
Co-pilot's Chair and Billet Seat Stand
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/279Dec_16_2005_019_sm.jpg

clearfork
12-16-2005, 08:38 PM
Hey Mr Essex502, (mike).
Thank you for taking the time to take some pictures.
The boat is reallly coming along.
Not to be negative. But......
But it sure looks like the boys still have some work to do.
I will leave it to that......
Thanks again for the update...........I look forward to meeting some of the Howard owners at some point. Maybe the 2nd annual Regatta.
Be well. Merry Christmas.....................Michael