PDA

View Full Version : Seats

Tresguey
07-24-2005, 08:32 AM
i just got my seats back today. they look really nice. but i was wondering what you guys put on them to keep them clean. all the other seats i have ever had were dark colored. my new seats are white. does scotch guard help? any special cleaners? i know i got a hookup price to get them done at $250 for everything but i still wanna keep them clean.

tahitijet
07-24-2005, 11:42 AM
vinyl cleaner, magic eraser and Clean white towels is what i use.

BUSBY
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
i just got my seats back today. they look really nice. but i was wondering what you guys put on them to keep them clean. all the other seats i have ever had were dark colored. my new seats are white. does scotch guard help? any special cleaners? i know i got a hookup price to get them done at $250 for everything but i still wanna keep them clean.
What kind of material are they? Meguiar's has their Flagship Premium Vinyl Cleaner/Protector that works really good ... we used it ou our new deck boat for 3 years and the seats looked brand new when we sold it.
I would recommend it.
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/product_detailpage.cfm?product=Flagship-Premium-Vinyl-&-Rubber-Protectant&sku=M6424&sectionID=57101
Brian

MILKMAN351
07-24-2005, 12:41 PM
Castrol Cleaner/degreaser. Comes In A Purplish Colored Spray Bottle And You Can Get It At Pep Boys. Is Awesome For Vinyl And Interiors But Cleans Everything. Simoniz Tuff Stuff Would Be My Second Choice. I've Never Run Across Anything That One Of These Couldn't Clean Up. Castrol Is The Stronger Of The Two. Both Are Perfectly Safe To Use On Everything.

FASTRAT
07-24-2005, 01:22 PM
i personally use Mean Green Super Strength cleaner/degreaser (buy at Wal-Mart) & then put Saddle Soap on them to keep them soft from the harsh rays of the sun...works for me...i also use towels on my seats & backs (bucket seats) to sit on...my interior is 25 yrs old & looks just like new!...just my .02 cents
fastrat

Tresguey
07-24-2005, 11:57 PM
the seats are marine grade vinyl. i have the castrol stuff but was scared to clean them with it because its so strong! is it still available in Ca.? last time i went to buy it the sales clerk said the epa was banning the stuff so i bought two gallons it all they had. is saddle soap a good conditioner for seats?

Nucking futs
07-25-2005, 09:03 AM
MR. Clean erasers work really good. Just cleaned all the seats in the cruiser and they look brand new. I havent found anything that works this easy and it cleans the best so far. I have tried all the degreaseres and vinyl cleaners and the erasers still did a better job.

MILKMAN351
07-25-2005, 10:53 PM
the seats are marine grade vinyl. i have the castrol stuff but was scared to clean them with it because its so strong! is it still available in Ca.? last time i went to buy it the sales clerk said the epa was banning the stuff so i bought two gallons it all they had. is saddle soap a good conditioner for seats?
still got it in the Pep Boys by me. It never damaged the vinyl in our boats but it is strong

Tresguey
07-26-2005, 08:03 AM
thanks for all the help. i would just wanted to see what everyone was using. i didn't want to ruin anything.

hack job
07-26-2005, 08:12 AM
after you clean them you should apply some 303 (http://www.boatersworld.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&productId=303895) its a protectant and will keep the uv rays form harming them. ( just a thought)

Mr. Crusader 83
07-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Use Fast Orange Hand Cleaner On A Clean White Rag. Works Like A Champ To Clean In The Grains Of The Vinyl. Trust Me I Paid $2500 For My Seats From Ultra Boats. Thats What I Use......
Crusader83

BrendellaJet
07-29-2005, 08:37 PM
lets see the seats!

Mr. Crusader 83
08-02-2005, 05:01 PM
heres my new seats... ultra boats did them. use orange had cleaner.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2854BOAT_TRUCK_CAR2_001.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2854BOAT_TRUCK_CAR_002.jpg

olbiezer
08-02-2005, 05:07 PM
darn nice seats bro!!!!!! bet it cost ya a pretty pennie too .