PDA

View Full Version : Help-need way to clean my INT.

SummitKarl
07-24-2005, 10:16 AM
ok just gave my boat it's bi-decadeal wax job :redface:
but now I got to clean the INT. any ideas how to clean this mess
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2734MVC-002F.JPG

riverroyal
07-24-2005, 10:19 AM
try that first,then tobtek has some great interior cleaner,could also try that

Not So Fast
07-24-2005, 10:24 AM
ZEP VINYL CLEANER. Everybody is saying how good Magic Eraser is but I find it dulls everything you clean with them ?????????? My $.02 NSF

BarryMac
07-24-2005, 12:01 PM
try that first,then tobtek has some great interior cleaner,could also try that
Yeap, he just cleaned the seat on the Golf Cart I just picked up from him, his interior cleaner is the shit, PM him, he will send you some...
RR, did you hear me honk as I drove by? I stopped and mooned you but didn't see any movement from the house... :D :D :D

djunkie
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I noticed that the magic eraser is good for spots but to do the whole interior you'd need like 2 boxes of those things. They wear out really fast.
GJB, with Toby's stuff do you have to scrub very hard or is it that good?

Jbb
07-24-2005, 12:09 PM
Mr cleans magic eraser...
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/a8/70/Mr_Clean_Magic_Eraser-resized200.jpg

BarryMac
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
GJB, with Toby's stuff do you have to scrub very hard or is it that good?
Nope, sprayed it on, let it sit for about a minute while shooting the shit with Toby and wiped it right off, honestly I wish I had a camera to take the before and after, it was pretty freaking amazing. The seats looked like they hadn't been cleaned in 6 years, since the cart was built...

MILKMAN351
07-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Castrol Cleaner/degreaser. Comes In A Purplish Colored Spray Bottle And You Can Get It At Pep Boys. Is Awesome For Vinyl And Interiors But Cleans Everything. Simoniz Tuff Stuff Would Be My Second Choice. I've Never Run Across Anything That One Of These Couldn't Clean Up. Castrol Is The Stronger Of The Two. Both Are Perfectly Safe To Use On Everything.

riverbound
07-24-2005, 12:53 PM
I use Mr cLean Magic Eraser. You will have to go through a couple of boxes but it doesn take alot of work to do it.

Big Warlock
07-24-2005, 12:56 PM
Mr Clean's Eraser. I go after the first layer with a vinyl cleaner then get after the tough spots witht he eraser. Works well.
I have heard Castrol's cleaner degreaser is good stuff as well.

2Driver
07-24-2005, 02:42 PM
I've always use "Tuff Stuff" incredible vinyl cleaner ...works on carpet too. Let it sit for a minute then wipe, Really bad stuff (like your boat :) ) you can use a nylon bristle brush then wipe. It is awesome stuff.

shueman
07-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Simple Green spray been good for me, folllowed up with Meguiar's Vinyl Conditioner/Protectant...

Kim Hanson
07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Spray9 works great also.......( . )( . )........... :idea:

Sane Asylum
07-24-2005, 08:40 PM
Why the chit did ya let it get like that in the first place....... :( :D :D

NorCal Gameshow
07-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Mr cleans magic eraser...
http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/a8/70/Mr_Clean_Magic_Eraser-resized200.jpg
good stuff...
use some vinyl cleaner to get the light dirt. then go over it with the magic eraser... works great

termiteguy
07-24-2005, 08:51 PM
awsome general purpose cleaner you can get it at the 99cent stores it work awsome :hammerhea

SummitKarl
07-24-2005, 09:20 PM
I tried everything, carb cleaner :220v: even 100% bleach
The "REFLECTIVE" silver style cover got so hot in Havi, that where ever it touched white Material it burned brown spots, That dis-colorment was not going away. other than the spots it's in great shape.
so 10yrs ago I painted the boat to match my then New Purple F150, and at the same time I got a quart of Purple Vinyl paint mixed, The purple parts still look GREAT!!! 10 yrs later, so you got it... I went today and got a Gallon of white Vinyl mixed up, HOLLY CRAP!!! $200........ boy that went up in price!!!!!
The first few pieces turned out NICE!!!!, even the gel coat came back to a great Shine, thanks to a 10k rpm 9" right angle grinder, with 12" pad, whooo!! that was a job/handfull
I will post the after pic this week.
thanks for all the Ideas, I tried a few of them
but replacement or paint was the only cure, for this one.