PDA

View Full Version : Toyota's

MUDXPRT
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm looking for a toyota corolla preferably used for my daughter, any hook ups.

Phat Matt
05-03-2006, 06:50 PM
I can hook you up with the people at Toyota of San Bernardino. They have used cars also.

Jyruiz
05-03-2006, 06:50 PM
Thought you might be looking for some thing more economical to get around cause of the gas prices. Sorry, no hook up, but good luck.

MUDXPRT
05-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Matt that would be great, if you want PM me or my cell # (951)830-7120
Thanks Andre'

YeLLowBoaT
05-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I don't think a toyota would be a good car for your teenage duaghter. I was just backed into by a toyota at less then 5 mph and it did massive amounts of damage. I mean several thou in damage. granted it was a van, but still it tweaked the rear door about 6" to one side cracked 2 windows on the side of the van and compley destoryed the bumper and the Quater panel. All this from backing up less then 10 ft. Just a FYI. Chances are very good that your tenage duaghter will hit something/one. Chances are it will be less then 10 mph crash.

Phat Matt
05-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Matt that would be great, if you want PM me or my cell # (951)830-7120
Thanks Andre'
I will give you a call tomorrow.
Matt

Outnumbered
05-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Any unibody car gets smacked and its big bucks and Toyota (most import) parts are not cheap. The new Corollas have top crash test ratings. I would buy a new one. The re-sale is so strong that she could drive it for a few years and only loose a few grand in depreciation. It would also be under warranty for at least a few years and you can get cheap financing. You should be able to get one at invoice through AAA auto buying, Costo, carsdirect.com, or any bro hook-up that HB can get you. Go to carsdirect.com and price them out.

YeLLowBoaT
05-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Any unibody car gets smacked and its big bucks and Toyota (most import) parts are not cheap. The new Corollas have top crash test ratings. I would buy a new one. The re-sale is so strong that she could drive it for a few years and only loose a few grand in depreciation. It would also be under warranty for at least a few years and you can get cheap financing. You should be able to get one at invoice through AAA auto buying, Costo, carsdirect.com, or any bro hook-up that HB can get you. Go to carsdirect.com and price them out.
Actually the Ins ppl that do the independent test found that toyota Cameray add a 6" bar in the middle of thier rear bumper to beat the 3mph backing in to a poll test. So they moved the pole over a few inchs and it did very badly.
Stange that they would do that....

ROZ
05-03-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm looking for a toyota corolla preferably used for my daughter, any hook ups.
Call my uncle's dealership and speak to Danny Zendejas.. He's the Fleet manager.. Tell him Gilbert's nephew Chris from San Diego sent ya 800-276-9699 x-207
I don't know what's in Corollas, but he will treat you like family and make the process really easy :)
-chris

Outnumbered
05-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Actually the Ins ppl that do the independent test found that toyota Cameray add a 6" bar in the middle of thier rear bumper to beat the 3mph backing in to a poll test. So they moved the pole over a few inchs and it did very badly.
Stange that they would do that....
Sounds like a rumor to me, any facts to back it up?
I just ran the 2006 Corolla and Camry, both got 5 star ratings in the frontal and high marks in the other tests. 3 mph bumper test does not mean shit about the safety of the car. The cars are designed to crumple/absorb the impact, not bounce off the pole. Its all about protecting the occupant, not making it a cheap fix if you back into a pole at 3mph.
http://www.safercar.gov/

YeLLowBoaT
05-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Sounds like a rumor to me, any facts to back it up?
I just ran the 2006 Corolla and Camry, both got 5 star ratings in the frontal and high marks in the other tests. 3 mph bumper test does not mean shit about the safety of the car. The cars are designed to crumple/absorb the impact, not bounce off the pole. Its all about protecting the occupant, not making it a cheap fix if you back into a pole at 3mph.
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/ncap/Index2.cfm
it was on dateline last year.
It was not the gov test. its the INS companys (ITS LIKE IIHSor something like that.) the ones that do the offset frontal and others the nhtsa does not.
Anyways all the big car magazines covered it.
3mph crashes are a big deal if you have a teenage duagther.

core attitude
05-04-2006, 10:18 AM
Call my uncle's dealership and speak to Danny Zendejas.. He's the Fleet manager.. Tell him Gilbert's nephew Chris from San Diego sent ya 800-276-9699 x-207
I don't know what's in Corollas, but he will treat you like family and make the process really easy :)
-chris
He's gone for a few days, you might want to ask for his compadre who's name is also Danny if I recall. I tried to get some info a few days ago, spoke to him but didn't get a firm number yet. From our conversation I would say he will cut a more then fair deal. Just hang tight until he returns.
Pete

ROZ
05-04-2006, 04:55 PM
He's gone for a few days, you might want to ask for his compadre who's name is also Danny if I recall. I tried to get some info a few days ago, spoke to him but didn't get a firm number yet. From our conversation I would say he will cut a more then fair deal. Just hang tight until he returns.
Pete
Yup, Dan Rogers or Howard Ritter can help as well... I think one of them does used fleet , too...

HammerDown
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
The re-sale is so strong that she could drive it for a few years and only loose a few grand in depreciation. .
Really, I've got an 06 Met-Blk Corolla-S 5 speed with only 4000 miles on it. The car is in mint condition! It's priced 1,500-2,000 less then some 05's with 15,000 miles and I can't even get anyone to come see it. Been for sale since November!

Outnumbered
05-04-2006, 07:06 PM
Really, I've got an 06 Met-Blk Corolla-S 5 speed with only 4000 miles on it. The car is in mint condition! It's priced 1,500-2,000 less then some 05's with 15,000 miles and I can't even get anyone to come see it. Been for sale since November!
Girlie car with a 5speed = no good. Girlies like the autos. Plus, did you pay invoice less $500 rebate for it when you bought it or sticker? You gotta buy it right. I buy all my Toyotas from Longo Fleet for below invoice minus rebate. Can't touch their deals.