PDA

View Full Version : Gale Banks Twin Turbo

dropkeel
07-09-2000, 06:09 PM
Is anyone interested in buying the complete Banks Twin Turbo set up for a small block Chevy? Complete with through hull manifolds ,carb and much more and is in premium condition.
Carrillo rods, forged pistons, good heads and ignition available.

flipper
07-26-2000, 05:45 PM
what you asking ?

PureVelocity
07-30-2000, 01:05 PM
I would also like to know what the asking price is.

superdave013
08-04-2000, 07:29 PM
What kind of intercooler does it have. The small one with the little fins inside or the larger one with two bundles of copper tubes? Yes I would like to know the price as well.

dropkeel
08-06-2000, 05:02 PM
The previous owner moved to Oklahoma from California and let the motor freeze and a cracked block resulted. I picked it up from him and have since installed a blown 573. The price is $2000.00 plus shipping. Here's what is included in the price.
Torker intake manifold with a cast plenum on top of it "system is draw through".
Custom designed Banks exhaust manifolds. "Aluminum water cooled with pyrometers installed. Through hull design.
Holley 780 modified for turbo use -- 10 in. flame arrestor. Of course the Rajay Turbo's with custom fabricated heat shields. Dooley 10 quart oil pan with provision for return oil from the turbos. Temp sender is installed. Also oil pump and special pick up. Special dipstick. Also MSD distributor -- MSD-6 ignition box with soft touch rev limiter. Gale Banks Engineering Tall Valve Covers with Moon style breathers. Mallory electric fuel pump. Marine oil cooler. 8 Carillo 5.7 length rods -- like new. .060 Arias forged pistons "like new" for use with 76cc heads.It does not use an intercooler. When it gets on boost it uses a Hobbs switch to inject water from a 2 gallon Russell stainlees steel tank via a Nitrous style gas solenoid.
This Gale Banks system is truly well designed and trick looking. Not an adapted bunch of stuff put together like another system on the market. I really wish I had a digital camera to post a picture of this Turbo set up. It is truley as much show as it is go. Trust me!It ran a 21ft Eliminator Daytona with a American Turbine Pump 85 plus mph on pump gas.
[This message has been edited by dropkeel (edited August 06, 2000).]
[This message has been edited by dropkeel (edited August 06, 2000).]