PDA

View Full Version : Saturday at Lake Pleasant

Craig
07-25-2005, 07:14 AM
Even though the weather started out looking like crap, it turned out to be a good day :) Of course I'm still having electrical gremlins that forced me back on the trailer after an hour or two, but I hitched a ride and still had fun! I posted some pics in a thread on our little forum :D Here's the link..Saturday at Lake Pleasant (http://www.justanothertoy.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=218)
Craig

Sane Asylum
07-25-2005, 05:17 PM
Craig.......
Thanks for the pics.......We were coming up to spend the night but the storms(rain) scared us off............
What happened to Jordy's boat???

Jordy
07-25-2005, 05:34 PM
What happened to Jordy's boat???
I've got some oil pump fault alarm that is going off as if the oil injection isn't working. It started this last time we were out, but the engine is smoking and burning twice the oil of the engine that isn't alarming. It ran great all the way out to Humbug, but when we went to leave it started cutting power and wouldn't run above 1000 rpms. Couldn't even get it on plane. Made for a long cruise back to the ramp. I even got beat by a sailboat. :(

Sleek-Jet
07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
Cool pics Craig... sorry to hear she's still giving you fits.
Sucks to hear that Jordy... hope you didn't damage anything.

Sane Asylum
07-25-2005, 05:37 PM
I've got some oil pump fault alarm that is going off as if the oil injection isn't working. It started this last time we were out, but the engine is smoking and burning twice the oil of the engine that isn't alarming. It ran great all the way out to Humbug, but when we went to leave it started cutting power and wouldn't run above 1000 rpms. Couldn't even get it on plane. Made for a long cruise back to the ramp. I even got beat by a sailboat. :(
I'm not a whacka guy.........I would think it would shut the motor down altogether if a sensor (oil pump/pressure) said it wasn't seeing any oil......
Are those 250's or 300's?

Jordy
07-25-2005, 05:39 PM
They're 300's. I don't know what's going on. Talked to Lakeland and they said they've never heard of a pump going bad on the 300's. I'm guessing it's some kind of a sensor somewhere. Right now though it just sucks. Way too complicated for my car boat knowlege. :(

cdog
07-25-2005, 06:19 PM
We made it out there on sat. Saw the Xrated boat and just about every other boats in the pics. I looked all over for you Craig, but never saw ya. We hung out in Humbug cove and had a good time. The lake was a lot bigger than I thought it was. I think we may start going out there every other trip.

Donnie
07-25-2005, 07:26 PM
Great to finally get to the lake this year :D
Sorry about Craig and Jordy's problems...but it was still nice to be on the water!!

Craig
07-26-2005, 07:12 AM
Sorry we didn't hook up with you cdog, we were looking for you. We were running over to the 10-lane around 10:30 to see if you were launching when my boat started acting like a dick again :mad: We'll have to try agin sometime!
Craig

AZKC
07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Maybe its best that I just say............................... :idea: :hammer2:
Sorry to here your having trouble with the new ride. Get ole yeller out and get back to your roots :D

cdog
07-26-2005, 11:24 AM
Sorry we didn't hook up with you cdog, we were looking for you. We were running over to the 10-lane around 10:30 to see if you were launching when my boat started acting like a dick again :mad: We'll have to try agin sometime!
Craig
No problem. We'll do it again some other time. I really had a good time out there. We launched over to the right or north when you come thru the main gate next to the marina. Jordy....Sorry we did'nt say hi, I did'nt reconize your new boat. We saw you in Humbug.

taxman
07-27-2005, 08:08 AM
threw out the shocker on Sat. to you Craig I was in the yellow Kachina in the marina.

Donnie
07-27-2005, 08:34 AM
threw out the shocker on Sat. to you Craig I was in the yellow Kachina in the marina.
We were wondering who that was :D