PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach---Where to eat?

Oldsquirt
07-25-2005, 08:04 AM
I'm going to be making a quick trip to SoCal this week. If time permits, I'm hoping to make a detour to Long Beach for a little sight seeing. Spent a couple weeks there every summer in the 60's and early 70's visiting my Dad's mom. I'd like to check out all the spots I vaguely remember and perhaps grab lunch or dinner while I'm at it. So, what do you suggest?

Racer277
07-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Aki Sushi on 7th is good...
Rock Bottom Brewery on Ocean Blvd, good but expensive....

BoatPI
07-25-2005, 08:30 AM
I don't know if it is Ahi, but the shushi place at 7th and PCh, in the super market (Ralphs?) shopping center is great.

coolchange
07-25-2005, 08:34 AM
If you go to the marina area The Yard House is good and Tequila Jacks both at Shoreline Village by the convention center. Take a Gondola ride with the wife.

MikeF
07-25-2005, 08:40 AM
www.joejosts.com
#1 liquor license ever given in LB. COOL place!
My (fishing) buddy Lenny works at Claim Jumper behind the bar. They got some big food there too! Easy to find.

charlyox
07-25-2005, 08:48 AM
ditto. the Yard House is good. Also Parkers light house in shoreline village also

Oldsquirt
07-25-2005, 09:31 AM
I've heard the Yardhouse mentioned here in the Sandbar quite often. Being on the water is a plus. Anyone got the address?
An additional question. We used to spend all our time at the beach while there, except for the obligatory Disneyland visit. Most of the time we would just go to the ocean, but we would sometimes go to a beach in a harbor/bay. It was on the north side of the bay and I seem to remember being able to see the ocean close by. Had a volleyball court and a snack bar on the beach. Any idea where this might have been?

burtandnancy
07-25-2005, 09:33 AM
555 club. Located at 555 Vine Excellent

Mrs.Racer277
07-25-2005, 09:43 AM
I've heard the Yardhouse mentioned here in the Sandbar quite often. Being on the water is a plus. Anyone got the address?
An additional question. We used to spend all our time at the beach while there, except for the obligatory Disneyland visit. Most of the time we would just go to the ocean, but we would sometimes go to a beach in a harbor/bay. It was on the north side of the bay and I seem to remember being able to see the ocean close by. Had a volleyball court and a snack bar on the beach. Any idea where this might have been?
Yard House
401 Shorline Village Dr.
Long Beach,CA
862-628-0455

probablecause
07-25-2005, 09:46 AM
If you really want to get out for a gut busting southern meal, then you should try JOHNNY REBS (http://losangeles.citysearch.com/profile/217308/long_beach_ca/johnny_rebs_southern_roadhouse.html). It is in a shady area (take your gun) but you can't beat the food.

termiteguy
07-25-2005, 10:11 AM
If you go to the marina area The Yard House is good and Tequila Jacks both at Shoreline Village by the convention center. Take a Gondola ride with the wife.
yes go to shoreline village while tou are you have to go bywest coast choppers

BoatPI
07-25-2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah, WC Choppers is a block away from my rental place, Anaheim just East of the 710 freeway. His new building might be open too. If you are into historic beer bars, Joe Josts as previously mentioned is it. Anaheim and about Orange I think. Just east of the post office, on Anaheim.

77charger
07-25-2005, 02:13 PM
another for the yardhouse

THOR
07-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Schooner or Later
Brewsters

Nord
07-25-2005, 02:56 PM
psunami's!!!

RitcheyRch
07-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Joe Josts and Johhny Rebs.

Party Cat
07-25-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm going to be making a quick trip to SoCal this week. If time permits, I'm hoping to make a detour to Long Beach for a little sight seeing. Spent a couple weeks there every summer in the 60's and early 70's visiting my Dad's mom. I'd like to check out all the spots I vaguely remember and perhaps grab lunch or dinner while I'm at it. So, what do you suggest?
I know where ya can get some Jell-o :D :D

gramps
07-25-2005, 04:34 PM
not quite Long Beach but real close..............The Fish Company. Seal Beach Blvd. just below Katella. Just about the best fish resturant in So. Cal.

ColeTR2
07-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Auld (old) Dubliner in the new Pike area off pine street.

Parker Dreamin
07-25-2005, 08:16 PM
Joes is the place to go for a nice cold Pabst and a special..... .all day long....
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/9227Dad_and_Ryann_with_Joes_shirts_on_0252005__3_. jpg

NOTALENT
07-25-2005, 08:20 PM
not quite Long Beach but real close..............The Fish Company. Seal Beach Blvd. just below Katella. Just about the best fish resturant in So. Cal.
I live down the street from there...and very good food...on the pricy side though...
Go down pine st... plenty of good restaurants...I recommend HOOTERS! :supp:

WUTWZAT
07-25-2005, 08:26 PM
I live down the street from there...and very good food...on the pricy side though...
Go down pine st... plenty of good restaurants...I recommend HOOTERS! :supp:
Why don't you mention or weekly Taco night in the next town over Los Al?
Afraid of frighening an out of towner Brandon? LOL
Thursday Beer and Taco night at Taco Surf in Los Alimitos :eek: not for the faint of heart but full of ***boaters thats for sure.
Jason

NOTALENT
07-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Why don't you mention or weekly Taco night in the next town over Los Al?
Afraid of frighening an out of towner Brandon? LOL
Thursday Beer and Taco night at Taco Surf in Los Alimitos :eek: not for the faint of heart but full of ***boaters thats for sure.
Jason
oh..yeah...forgot about that one.... enough with the jokes focker!! haha..

Oldsquirt
07-26-2005, 02:01 AM
I know where ya can get some Jell-o :D :D
Jim, just because I'm from NorCal doesn't mean I live on Jell-o, Red Bull and McD's quarter pounders..........
Since you're kind of in the area.....Got any ideas about the beach/park in the bay that I asked about in post #7?

Party Cat
07-26-2005, 05:39 AM
Jim, just because I'm from NorCal doesn't mean I live on Jell-o, Red Bull and McD's quarter pounders..........
That's why I mentioned it....I know that you can't get those very often...Seems that you're always getting beat to the cooler/counter up there....One to many NorCal'rs always there 1st :D :D
I just thought ya'd like to go to the cooler and not be dissapointed ;)
Since you're kind of in the area.....Got any ideas about the beach/park in the bay that I asked about in post #7?
See you're other thread about Marine Staduim and I kinda remember there being a park in the area...

breezeblocker
07-26-2005, 06:23 AM
joe josts, on anaheim st and temple st. corner, great place for a pbr and a special.

Water Romper
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Several types of dining:
Fancy: Slacks/Sport Coat
The Breakers
Madisons
La O’pera
555 Club
Gladstones
Not Fancy: Shorts and T shirts
Yard House
Parkers Lighthouse