PDA

View Full Version : I-10 Accident

boxscore
07-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Anyone else come across the rollover accident on westbound 10 today after Desert Center? Looked nasty. Late model lifted chevy truck towing a trailer with nice lookin sand rail. Hope everyone got out OK.

C-2
07-25-2005, 07:48 PM
My neighbor saw that too, along with a new BMW rollover on Rice Road (everybody ok).

Parker Dreamin
07-25-2005, 08:04 PM
I hope everybody is okay...

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
07-25-2005, 08:43 PM
I hope everyone is ok.................

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Midlife Advantage called me this afternoon and told me about the BMW accident.......So we took the 40......
He was just behind the accident, so he stopped to help out the people......
Then he happend to be right behind the toy hauler rollover and he stopped again.....
He helped with first aid, then managed to end up with the family dog.....
He was meeting some other members of the injured peoples family in Beaumont to hand over the dog.
I think he siad the people in the accident were a 50 year old man and his 70 year old mother....
I'm sure he'll post tomorrow.....
Later,
CJG

bigq
07-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Note to self...don't let midlife Advantage follow behind me. :cool:

PlyaPlya22
07-26-2005, 12:07 AM
I came through Desert Center about 7:30pm and didn't see anything. I hate to hear about stuff like this. I hope everyone is OK.

beach gomer
07-26-2005, 05:38 AM
Not sure if we are talking about the same accident
but my neighbor told me this morning that his dad was driving his truck
truck with an enclosed 26 trailer with his sand rail in it.They went over the side on the 10 coming down the grade into Indio.His dad was driving and his grandmother was in the passanger seat. both are lucky to be alive!!!
grandma has a broken neck but should recover with no problems.The truck and trailer a history not sure about the sand rail.

boxscore
07-26-2005, 05:44 AM
truck with an enclosed 26 trailer with his sand rail in it.They went over the side on the 10 coming down the grade into Indio.His dad was driving and his grandmother was in the passanger seat. both are lucky to be alive!!!
grandma has a broken neck but should recover with no problems.The truck and trailer a history not sure about the sand rail.
That's the one. Hope Grandma feels better soon. That's a real serious injury, but it looked even worse. The trailer was torn open and the rail was still in the trailer but looked as if it wasn't "totaled". Give 'em our best from the ***boat Folks.

JetBoatRich
07-26-2005, 06:33 AM
They are lucky to be alive from the sound of it :mad: wish them a quick and full recovery

CandyA$$
07-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Oh that is terrible, I do not like to hear about these kind of things.
Hope all recover.

cdog
07-26-2005, 07:19 AM
We were about 2 miles behind the crash. It was hard to tell who was involved. I saw a old lady on the ground with a couple people around her and the guy and girl around their dog on about 30 feet away from the old lady. I was looking for a second car but never saw anything. The lifted "Brand New" chevy truck looked like it had rolled over and the trailer with the sandrail in it was totaled. It was hard to tell but the sandrail looked ok. The truck broke the pass side front wheel off and was laying under the a-arm. Looked like a real mess.

beach gomer
07-26-2005, 08:47 AM
My neighbor told me the trailer started to fishtail and thats when everything went bad plus the rain made things worse.As far as I know he diden't hit anyone thank god.

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Yup, thats the one! Tell him his Granma is a trooper! Her name is Helen by the way and a nurse on the scene and myself treated her multiple cuts and bruises and stabilized what looked like a possible fractured leg or knee. Her son, Gary had a pretty fancy gash on the shoulder but was walking around and tending to his mom best he could.
I still have not heard back from them, so I am surprised to hear about the broken neck. I was bummed to see that someone had lifter her out of the truck before we got there. DONT EVER MOVE SOMEONE in that situation unless you think the vehicle will start on fire or there is other immenent danger to leaving them in there.
I guess the wind caught him off guard and swung him around and then over, the trailer was trashed, the rail upside down and leaking fuel and the truck landed right side up after rolling. They are very lucky, and smart, cause they had thier seatbelts on. that is what definately saved them.
we met up with his brother and handed the dog and cell phone over...

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Note to self...don't let midlife Advantage follow behind me. :cool:
Thats funny shite right there, but we had a scary day! I hope all involved in the two accidents we stopped at are OK and recover quickly. I felt very bad for those involved, it had me thinking all the way home about how we take 80MPH across the desert for granted...

Racer277
07-26-2005, 09:51 AM
Sorry to jack...
Nice tower Midlife, where is that??

That Guy
07-26-2005, 09:53 AM
Tim, we came upon the accident as well....and what a mess. You are a good guy for jumping in and being willing to help....had a great weekend hanging with you.... :D

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 09:55 AM
My neighbor saw that too, along with a new BMW rollover on Rice Road (everybody ok).
The BMW rollover kinda made me mad. this guy passed us doing probably 95, waving at the long line of cars doing a safer speed for the conditions. Then 20minuts later we pull up on him and his family all screaming and crying. They were all ok, thank God, but what did he think would happen at that speed, through a wash dip, full of water and rubble, while passing? :boxingguy

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Sorry to jack...
Nice tower Midlife, where is that??
Austin TX, 110' AGL, KEYE TV.

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Tim, we came upon the accident as well....and what a mess. You are a good guy for jumping in and being willing to help....had a great weekend hanging with you.... :D
You too brutha, we had a ball. Thanks, I think most everyone on here would stop and help in that situation. and when you can see that someone else has already stopped and giving aid, its best to keep moving. The CHP kinda chased us off as soon as they arrived, it was crowded, so we knew someone had to get the dog outta there.

beach gomer
07-26-2005, 10:12 AM
Midlife My neighbor says thankyou from the bottom of his heart His name is Andy Carlson.
His grandmothers neck has a chip in the 3 vertebra and is floating.
Not sure if you consider that a broken neck or not thats what the doctors have said .I will post more info as it comes in.Midlife PM me and I will get you in touch with Andy Garys son.

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Midlife My neighbor says thankyou from the bottom of his heart His name is Andy Carlson.
His grandmothers neck has a chip in the 3 vertebra and is floating.
Not sure if you consider that a broken neck or not thats what the doctors have said .I will post more info as it comes in.Midlife PM me and I will get you in touch with Andy Garys son.
:cry: :cry: Tell him he is very welcome, and I am sure he would do the same. I will PM my number to ya

C-2
07-26-2005, 10:35 AM
It's just amazing to know so many peeps from this board are watching out for each other - and in this case, helping people not even connected to the board.
That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
Seriously, great job.

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 10:47 AM
:redface:

phuggit
07-26-2005, 10:50 AM
Props to you for stopping and helping out with their four legged family member.

CenCal
07-26-2005, 12:53 PM
Tim your such a good guy. You must be from Ohio. If i get into a situation i won't mind you being behine me. ;) ;)

Midlife Advantage
07-26-2005, 02:08 PM
Tim your such a good guy. You must be from Ohio. If i get into a situation i won't mind you being behine me. ;) ;)
Uh, hold on there Dale, what exactly do you mean, "behind you" ???????? LOL! thanks bud, it just made me realize I need to update my CPR/First Aid card and replenish my first aid kit! I was very happy to be able to help, although it really wasn't all that, there were others on site who knew what they were doing and were the real care givers. God Bless them all. :p

SHAKEN Not Stirred
07-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Tim your such a good guy. You must be from Ohio.
HEY NOW!!!!!
Just cause' Midlife's a bit short, pasty white, a little over weight, still sports a mullet and thinks The Pretenders "A, O, OH WAY TO GO OHIO" should replace the National Anthem.....Dosen't make him from Ohio...... :boxingguy
I'm not even touching the "Good Guy" part..... :idea:
Later,
CJG
:clover:

sz530i
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Midlife Advantage called me this afternoon and told me about the BMW accident.......So we took the 40......
He was just behind the accident, so he stopped to help out the people......
Then he happend to be right behind the toy hauler rollover and he stopped again.....
He helped with first aid, then managed to end up with the family dog.....
He was meeting some other members of the injured peoples family in Beaumont to hand over the dog.
I think he siad the people in the accident were a 50 year old man and his 70 year old mother....
I'm sure he'll post tomorrow.....
Later,
CJG
id like to thank your friend for helping us out that day of the bmw car accident.. i was the 21 yo driver on the black bmw.. along with my sister 18 yo and my nephew 18 yo and my niece 17 yo.. thank god we are doing much better now.. just minor neck and back injuries.. but once again whom ever ur friend is.. thank you much for all your help.. god bless you. ..

Midlife Advantage
07-30-2005, 04:32 PM
id like to thank your friend for helping us out that day of the bmw car accident.. i was the 21 yo driver on the black bmw.. along with my sister 18 yo and my nephew 18 yo and my niece 17 yo.. thank god we are doing much better now.. just minor neck and back injuries.. but once again whom ever ur friend is.. thank you much for all your help.. god bless you. ..
You are very welcome young sir. I am glad that everyone is ok and hope that what little I was able to offer helped a bit. I will send you an email next time I get a chance, gotta get outta the office right now. Hey slow down ok? :smile:
Take care
Tim