PDA

View Full Version : Gas in Diesel.....

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:08 AM
I let a guy borrow my truck on Friday and told him to fill it up with Diesel. While he was pulling away I told him at least four times "dont fkin put gas in it, diesel only....Fawker rolls up an hour later and says my truck broke down just down the street. He told me he didnt put gas in it....I called CFN and they said he pumped 24 gallons of super and 6 gallons of diesel...
total bullshit. Ive had the truck for over 2 years and never did anything like this. Im waiting to hear from the dealer but...I dont think it looks good. I dont even know how it ran for five miles..
anyone have any experience with this...what do you think my problems will be? Hopefully they drain it and its all good...its a 02 duramax :220v: :cry: :cry:

JB in so cal
07-26-2005, 08:12 AM
This wasn't a friend, was it?? :devil:
Sorry to hear that.

dicudmore
07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
we get 'em towed in all the time w/gas in them...
Typically if you remove the tank, drain and flush the gas out of it. Then flush the fuel system and replace the fuel filter they are just fine.
Its usually about a $500 mistake but no major damage

UnionJack
07-26-2005, 08:13 AM
that sucks

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:14 AM
It was a friends little brother. 20 y/o. He liked my truck and said he was going to pick up some chick that digs big trucks. So I said fawk it. I even gave him my gas card. and now this shit...

Desert Rat
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Have seen this happen a few times. In all cases a good drain and flush and they were on their way , no lasting effects. Good luck

Racer277
07-26-2005, 08:15 AM
Is this the same guy that put diesel in his quad?

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:16 AM
Typically if you remove the tank, drain and flush the gas out of it. Then flush the fuel system and replace the fuel filter they are just fine.
thank God...That kid is going to be my bitch for a loooooong time.
anyone need a car detailed or errands ran......

Sleek-Jet
The Diesel is still on the bottom of the tank, Diesel is heavier than gasoline. You should be able to siffon the Gas off the top of the Diesel and get most of it, but to be sure, you will need to drain the tank somehow.

Deano
Is this the same guy that put diesel in his quad?
thats funny shit right there...Its trinitys fault..lol

Dave C
07-26-2005, 08:17 AM
That sucks.. Kids.
I can't see why it would hurt it... after all the diesel just squeezes until it pops... :D
After a "good clean out" you should be back in business.

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:26 AM
just got the call...$ 450 and Im back in business...
I know he cant afford it so Ill pay and he'll pay in other ways...

Dave C
07-26-2005, 08:28 AM
good news!
sounds like your lawn is gonna be cut and truck washed by someone other than yourself for the foreseeable future! lol ;)

JB in so cal
07-26-2005, 08:29 AM
I let a guy borrow my truck on Friday and told him to fill it up with Diesel. While he was pulling away I told him at least four times "dont fkin put gas in it, diesel only....Fawker rolls up an hour later and says my truck broke down just down the street. He told me he didnt put gas in it....I called CFN and they said he pumped 24 gallons of super and 6 gallons of diesel...
total bullshit. Ive had the truck for over 2 years and never did anything like this. Im waiting to hear from the dealer but...I dont think it looks good. I dont even know how it ran for five miles..
anyone have any experience with this...what do you think my problems will be? Hopefully they drain it and its all good...its a 02 duramax :220v: :cry: :cry:
He may not have the $$, but what about this part?? :hammer2: :hammer2:

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:33 AM
He may not have the $$, but what about this part?? :hammer2: :hammer2:
no shit..thats worth a good ass beating right there...I think he felt like such an idiot that he couldnt tell me the truth when it happened. I knew what happened and could smell it in the tank.
He called me yesterday and appoligized about the whole thing and told me I own his ass now...

Deano
07-26-2005, 08:34 AM
I think Im going to tell him that I needed a new motor and pump...eight grand sounds good :p

GOTLDH
07-26-2005, 09:13 AM
I had a dumb ass rookie firefighter put 84 gallons of 87 oct. in a fire engine once. We had to pump the fuel out, change all the filters drain all the fuel from the lines. after that it ran like crap for a few mins. but then it ran fine. O btw that sucks, sorry to hear that. My "friend" would be the one waiting for the call, with his check book open!!!!!!

Deano
07-26-2005, 09:23 AM
My "friend" would be the one waiting for the call, with his check book open!!!!!!
I would go that route if it was a "him" :idea:

rivergoer
07-26-2005, 09:25 AM
that sucks i know river bound needs a 40 ft 5th wheel detailed :smile: :D

Nord
07-26-2005, 09:29 AM
Shows how good kids listen!

Michael Minegar
07-26-2005, 09:41 AM
I did it in my own trruck and drove it over 30 miles. No big deal. I wouldnt pay anybody 450.00 to fix. I just pumped out the tank through the gas fill and refilled. It ran great. Use a electric fuel pump and go...

DUSTINU
07-26-2005, 09:45 AM
Screwing up is one thing, but lying... :boxingguy

Magic34
07-26-2005, 09:49 AM
What's the girlfriend look like????
Can't believe that question wasn't asked first. This is ***boat after all.
Everyone feeling OK today?

BoatPI
07-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Mistakes are one thing...Integrity, that is the real issue here. Someone needs a lesson in life.

bear down
07-26-2005, 10:35 AM
Deano,
Call Willie it happened to him ..He will give you the scoop.

Rockdog
07-26-2005, 10:53 AM
$450 is pretty good. I've had 2 drivers put gas in my c7500 delivery trucks and it's a grand each time.
I'd still work him over for not have the cahoneys to fess up. :D

HammerDown
07-26-2005, 11:30 AM
It was a friends little brother. 20 y/o. He liked my truck and said he was going to pick up some chick that digs big trucks. So I said fawk it. I even gave him my gas card. and now this shit...
Guess that's the last time you'll do that!

Deano
07-26-2005, 11:40 AM
Guess that's the last time you'll do that!
better believe it. no more loaning the truck unless I know they can afford to buy it.
I know $450 (plus $55 tow) is alot to have the work done when I can do it myself but..sometimes you just gotta say fawk it. I was drunk that night, hungover the next day and I didnt feel like working on it. I thought for sure it was more than just draining it though.
As far as the integrity of this individual..well, he just took about five steps backwards and has alot to prove to me now.

meaniam
07-26-2005, 07:43 PM
he is 100% right ther will be no damage. just a big repair bill. say austa la viesta to that money. you bud didnt come clean with you. i dought he will pay the bill

Kindsvater Flat
07-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey I got this hot babe I want to score with.... can I borrow the boat?

meaniam
07-26-2005, 07:47 PM
What's the girlfriend look like????
Can't believe that question wasn't asked first. This is ***boat after all.
Everyone feeling OK today?
di he get her. and is she able or willing to pay for his mistake.ask if shes able to be owned

Kachina26
07-26-2005, 08:26 PM
$500? What are you doing with the contaminated fuel? I think we pay close to $500 just to get rid of it. We don't drop the tank, just drain it and fill it and replace the filter.

mattydoogen
07-26-2005, 08:28 PM
who let's somone borrow their sh*t and why? get your own sh*it.

scarabrick2
07-27-2005, 06:43 AM
I had a guy do that to one of my military trucks. All I did was add a quart of trany fluid per 5 gallons of gas and away we went. Truck ran fine and the carbon was cleaned out. I know there is a ratio for gas and trans fluid out there. This will be helpfull if you can't get the gas pumped out, say in the middle of the desert.

rivergoer
07-27-2005, 08:59 AM
yeah they are preety tolerant alright..but us in the marines we are so ghetto they skimp on shiat like that so when our humvee or 7 ton runs out of gas or some shiat like that we have these vehicles that are combat ready they are called cheverolegs..i think jay can get a good deal on them for people who are interested.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-27-2005, 04:23 PM
Believe it or not, Mil trucks (especially the old "Deuces") are actually designed to run on either (it's on a sticker on the dash). Being a diesel they will not run as well on gas but it will not harm the engine. Gas is much easier to ignite than diesel. The conditions in the cylinders are more than sufficient to sparklessly ignite gasoline as it is injected just as diesel does, but gas lacks the BTU energy of diesel so they make less power.

SOCALDETAIL1
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
Hey Dean I need another worker can you pimp him to me??? Hey forget it he may try to wax with the de-greasers and clean the interiors with wax..... Sorry man.

mmered8299
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
I made the same butthead move too. I pulled up to a 76 station, the one that has racing fuel and diesel on the same pump.
Put my credit card in and grabbed the high dollar stuff and pumped away.
The pump shut off at $50 too soon? I was like WTF why did it stop. Then I realized WTF I had done!
I drove the truck home, bought 6 5gal gas cans, unhooked the hose between the fuel pump and the motor and proceeded to cycle the pump with the ignition key 100 or more times until the tank was empty.
The truck runs fine ever since.

probablecause
07-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Two years ago, my wife did the same thing :hammerhea did have the time to do it myself as I was not in town. However, it was obviously the station's fault because they had a green handle that had regular gas and we all know that green handles are reserved for diesel...
http://www.thejokeline.com/images/brains.jpg