PDA

View Full Version : Help: 16 days to buy a Bimini for my boat

Brooski
07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
I need to find a reputable place to buy a bimini for my 18 ft Southwind, and I need it by August 10th. I am in Ventura County and would like to find someplace nearby. Any recommendations? Thanks

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-26-2005, 01:45 PM
We saw some people at Elsinore this weekend that were using a little beach umbrella as a bimini. Just do that. :)

Brooski
07-26-2005, 01:49 PM
We saw some people at Elsinore this weekend that were using a little beach umbrella as a bimini. Just do that. :)
As fast as my boat is, it would be in the wind in a second!! :D
Okay, maybe not....lol. If it was for floating, that would be cool, but I need it for cruzin up and down the Mighty Colorado at the CBBB. If its anywhere above 110, I want some cover. And Kim wants one, so I will buy her one. :rolleyes:

Brooski
07-26-2005, 01:50 PM
By the way, what do you do all day Linda? Post post post??????? :D :D :D

DUSTINU
07-26-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't remember the name, but John' Custom Marine ( Stoker Mfg.) has the "mesh type bimni's, they work great and don't feel like you have a para-sail when driving with it up. I am sure some one on here knows there name.
Good luck.
Al may even have one at his shop????

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Roger, if I even see a pic of your boat at CBBB with a hokey set up like an umbrella, you will never hear the end of it!!! :)
Why yes, I do sometimes post for a living.....what do you do?? :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
07-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Oh, I think the SouthwindChat guys are selling biminis, hit them up, tell them Squeezing Spectra sent you! hahhaah :p

Brooski
07-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Roger, if I even see a pic of your boat at CBBB with a hokey set up like an umbrella, you will never hear the end of it!!! :)
Why yes, I do sometimes post for a living.....what do you do?? :rollside:
Note to self: Stay sober to avoid damaging pictures of back alley rigging.......
As for me, I have an internet and boating thing that my city job keeps interrupting...lol
;)

SummitKarl
07-26-2005, 02:07 PM
I need to find a reputable place to buy a bimini for my 18 ft Southwind, and I need it by August 10th. I am in Ventura County and would like to find someplace nearby. Any recommendations? Thanks
I have the 20' southwind, bimini is a easy find at any boat shop, the are sold by width, if your coming to Havi, Barnical Bills has em in stock

Brian Ray
07-26-2005, 02:30 PM
http://adleecoversboats.com/
A little far but I drove from Bakersfield and they did the top for my '75 Eliminator in about 3 hrs. You can make an appointment for Sat. and they'll do it while you wait....Excellent work.
-Brian

Nucking futs
07-26-2005, 02:59 PM
Oh, I think the SouthwindChat guys are selling biminis, hit them up, tell them Squeezing Spectra sent you! hahhaah :p
As a matter of fact I have some biminis here. Duct tape, pvc and plastic bags. Hell, I have enough to even make boat covers too. Just let me know the colors you want so im sure to get the rattle cans out and do some custom stripes.You will get 10% discount for bruces' referall.
Tim ( A southwind chat guy ) That gets slammed for no reason other then being related to god............ Now that was funny.

Rev. Williams
07-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Hey Brooski,
Just shoot down the 126 to King Kid in Castaic. He does it fast and for a good price. That's where mine is going once I get the motor back in.
I had his card around here somewhere but can't find it... I'm sure someone here has it. If not, good ol' 411 will have it.

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:05 PM
A little far but I drove from Bakersfield and they did the top for my '75 Eliminator in about 3 hrs. You can make an appointment for Sat. and they'll do it while you wait....Excellent work.
-Brian
Thanks, already called them. I heard they do excellent work. I would have to drop the boat off for about 5 working days. Long drive X2. But I am keeping them in mind.

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:07 PM
As a matter of fact I have some biminis here. Duct tape, pvc and plastic bags. Hell, I have enough to even make boat covers too. Just let me know the colors you want so im sure to get the rattle cans out and do some custom stripes.You will get 10% discount for bruces' referall.
There ya go, back alley rigging at its finest! I woulb be proud to try that. :p
Tim ( A southwind chat guy ) That gets slammed for no reason other then being related to god............ Now that was funny. roflmao. Guilty by association??? :cry: Oh yeah, derby car went to the paint shop today. Only minor stuff to do when it comes back...

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey Brooski,
Just shoot down the 126 to King Kid in Castaic. He does it fast and for a good price. That's where mine is going once I get the motor back in.
I had his card around here somewhere but can't find it... I'm sure someone here has it. If not, good ol' 411 will have it.
Thanks, just gave them a call, and I am waiting for a call back. 5 day turn around. If this works out, I can still hang out at Piru Saturday.. :D

Nucking futs
07-26-2005, 03:16 PM
roflmao. Guilty by association???
Well as I remember back when that chit room opened, Was'nt it you that named him GOD?? Its all your fault Roger, :argue:

Brian Ray
07-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks, already called them. I heard they do excellent work. I would have to drop the boat off for about 5 working days. Long drive X2. But I am keeping them in mind.
They don't do Saturday's anymore??

Rev. Williams
07-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Thanks, just gave them a call, and I am waiting for a call back. 5 day turn around. If this works out, I can still hang out at Piru Saturday.. :D
The hell with Piru, come on over and party with us Saturday night!!! :D :D
PM me and I'll shot you some directions.

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Well as I remember back when that chit room opened, Was'nt it you that named him GOD?? Its all your fault Roger, :argue:
Who? Me? Huh? God? Chat? Dont know what you are talking about. Never heard of chat, Don't know Q, I wasnt there, it wasnt me, I dont own a computer, it was a virus, a bayliner owner did it, Hot Boat has a magazine? Dan's boat runs? Isn't God's brother THE DEVIL? Someone listened to me? :2purples:
How come I never get credit for the good stuff? :hammer2: lol

Nucking futs
07-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Who? Me? Huh? God? Chat? Dont know what you are talking about. Never heard of chat, Don't know Q, I wasnt there, it wasnt me, I dont own a computer, it was a virus, a bayliner owner did it, Hot Boat has a magazine? Dan's boat runs? Isn't God's brother THE DEVIL? Someone listened to me? :2purples:
How come I never get credit for the good stuff? :hammer2: lol
So you admitt to the fact it was your fault, Now if I could just lose my "label" as an asshole it would all be great...
Oh wait , thats the truth, I am an asshole.........BLAWHAHAHAHAHAHA
Credit?? you want credit????? You need to do something before you get credit, be it good or bad.Riding the banwagon gets you nothing here..
Doesnt god's brother have any special powers?????

Keyser
07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Dont you ever work Roger? I swear you must work for the Postal Service!! :skull: :skull:

25Elmn8r
07-26-2005, 03:39 PM
-Brian
I'll second this recommendation! They did the Bimini on my daytona and had it done in 2 hours as promised. :) It would be a far drive though.
They also did my Dad's cover for his runabout, it lasted the 15 years he had it. And was still in good shape when he sold the boat.
I will not go anywhere else!

Sportin' Wood
07-26-2005, 03:40 PM
You don't need shade, just send Kim over to my cruiser. We'll hook her up with a bottle of boonsfarm and plenty of shade. :rollside:

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:51 PM
Dont you ever work Roger? I swear you must work for the Postal Service!! :skull: :skull:
Yeah, if only I was a supervisor of the postal mechanics shop, then I could really stay on here all the time... :D

Brooski
07-26-2005, 03:54 PM
You don't need shade, just send Kim over to my cruiser. We'll hook her up with a bottle of boonsfarm and plenty of shade. :rollside:
Hmmm, a plan in the making.....and what about me? I get to fry in that sun? :hammer2: Maybe some ice cold jeager will help, or some mudslides....:):

Keyser
07-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Yeah, if only I was a supervisor of the postal mechanics shop, then I could really stay on here all the time... :D
Yeah its a tough job but someones got to do it!!!! ;)

Keyser
07-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Hmmm, a plan in the making.....and what about me? I get to fry in that sun? :hammer2: Maybe some ice cold jeager will help, or some mudslides....:):
MUDSLIDES!!!!!! I want one!!!!!!! :D :D

Sportin' Wood
07-26-2005, 04:33 PM
Don't you have a race to win? Better ditch the extra drag :D

H20 Toie
07-26-2005, 04:44 PM
Call Roberto's here in Castaic it's close and he can have it done quick and his prices are real good.

Boat Ride
07-26-2005, 04:49 PM
Eddie & son, in Bellflower

Brooski
07-28-2005, 07:44 AM
Hey Brooski,
Took the boat over to King Kid Covers last night. Real nice guy and great prices. Should be done in a week. Thanks Rev! :rollside:
And thanks to everyone else for their suggestions. I appreciate it. :smile: