PDA

View Full Version : head work

carreraboat
10-14-2002, 04:01 PM
has anybody had any head work done to there stock heads is it worth the money and what kind of results can i expect i want to try and get the most without supercharging i already have a full roller stroked big block with lightnings what else could i do?

Tinkerer
10-14-2002, 06:38 PM
I had Jim Valakeo put wedjes in my stock heads. I am running a dart intake with a Holley HP 950 and Ultradyne cam. also Lightning headers. I estimate the HP at about 600. Lots of other little things.

MikeF
10-14-2002, 08:39 PM
Tinkerboater:
I had Jim Valakeo put wedjes in my stock heads. I am running a dart intake with a Holley HP 950 and Ultradyne cam. also Lightning headers. I estimate the HP at about 600. Lots of other little things.What happened to his website? I'd like to look at it again!
Tell me more about the flow on your heads and mods to the manifold! :D

Tinkerer
10-15-2002, 06:43 PM
I don't have the flow #'s anymore ( they were built 6 years ago) I plan on pulling the engines soon and plan on having Jim flow the heads again ( work has been done to them since the original work was done) The floor of the intake manifold has to be raised 1/2 inch to match the wedge in the head. The engines are highly reworked (blueprinted) VALAKO RACE HEADS (http://hometown.aol.com/valakoraceheads/indexhtmlvalakoraceheads.html)
[ October 15, 2002, 07:45 PM: Message edited by: Tinkerboater ]

MikeF
10-15-2002, 09:47 PM
T, That's the one :D . Thanx for the link! I'd looked all over for it but nothing came up on the searches :rolleyes: .