PDA

View Full Version : Cingular Cell Service at Havasu and Parker??

cdog
07-26-2005, 03:50 PM
I know this has been beat to death but i'll be swapping from Verizon to Cingular or back to Sprint sometime this week. The A holes at Verizon give about the same service as everyone else but charge more for it. Bottom line is if I can save 20-30 bucks a month Y-not. I know everyone has horror stories about their cell phones. Cingular is offering me a Treo 650 phone for 200 bucks if I get the data plan. That's a good deal. Verizon wants to charge me, a existing customer 299 for the same phone with the data plan. Not to mention the verizon data plan is 20 bucks more. From my experiance Verizon works half assed at havasu and the digital/data stuff does'nt work there either. So what do you think? I need this phone to work damm near all over the country.

Mrs.Racer277
07-26-2005, 03:57 PM
I know this has been beat to death but i'll be swapping from Verizon to Cingular or back to Sprint sometime this week. The A holes at Verizon give about the same service as everyone else but charge more for it. Bottom line is if I can save 20-30 bucks a month Y-not. I know everyone has horror stories about their cell phones. Cingular is offering me a Treo 650 phone for 200 bucks if I get the data plan. That's a good deal. Verizon wants to charge me, a existing customer 299 for the same phone with the data plan. Not to mention the verizon data plan is 20 bucks more. From my experiance Verizon works half assed at havasu and the digital/data stuff does'nt work there either. So what do you think? I need this phone to work damm near all over the country.
I have had Cingular for years and love it every where but Havi. I have terrible cell service there. :confused: But maybe it is that way with every service in Havi???? :idea:

termiteguy
07-26-2005, 04:03 PM
cingular works in some areas of parker just not where i need it to :yuk:

Essex29
07-26-2005, 04:06 PM
In a couple more months Cingular is adding a tower on 95 near Castlerock Shores. It should help out tremendously with service.

cdog
07-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Ttt

TCHB
07-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Cingular works pretty good in Havasu.

Mrs.Racer277
07-26-2005, 06:06 PM
In a couple more months Cingular is adding a tower on 95 near Castlerock Shores. It should help out tremendously with service.
That is great news. Thanks for sharing that information. :D

ZZ-Man
07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
I would say all cell phones are the same when it comes to area service. I was at Steam Boat this weekend and have Verizon, In all the years I 've been going I never had service there. So a friend of mine informed me of this code you put in ( * 228 ) and I could not believe it, It worked. I don't know if all the cell phones do it but it works for Verizon. Just FYI..

djunkie
07-27-2005, 01:27 AM
I have cingular and works pretty good in Havasu. Works in some parts of parker but not on the water or the cali. side.

rivergoer
07-27-2005, 01:54 AM
cingular is great i have it with the treo 600 and it works at the river for me as well as the data connection..its a great sevice..

clownpuncher
07-27-2005, 02:37 AM
My experience and talking to locals, most if not all cell service sucks in Parker. For those of us that hang at Road Runner, try this...........
Go to the poll at the end of the dock. Hang onto it with one hand while your talking on your cell phone. Hell if it didn't work. Kinda worked as an extended antenna I guess. Thought he was full if shit. :)

BoatPI
07-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Having had had all three Sprint as it stands today is best. Here is why; Thay have a large presence of towers throughout the area, but a ahortage in Parker. They use Verizon as the digital roam side of the phones roaming and Cellular One on the Analog side. ALL ARE FREEE, if you get the free and clear program. NEVER any roaming charges, period, as long as the monthly use roaming is less than 50% of you time. I have yet to find better coverage or a price.
Two lines, unlimited roaming, 800 high time minutes, after 7PM (M-F) unlimited night calling, and of course free weekends, $70 a month

malibuken
07-27-2005, 06:49 AM
We have Cingular and like the coverage at havasu. A bit sketchy between parker and the dam, but otherwise no problems the rest of the way.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-27-2005, 07:42 AM
i had cingular and couldn't get a signal in Parker on either side of the river. i couldn't get a signal in the middle of town and had to use, dare i say, a PAY PHONE! :cry:
i have just switched to T-Mobile Blackberry. anyone else use T-Mobile and if so, how is the service in havi and parker? (sorry for the thread jack)

Sun burners
07-27-2005, 08:13 AM
I love Cingular,
I HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE MY HOUSE IN HAVASU TO USE IT!
Forget it on MAJOR weekends.
But it does work at Steamboat & the Sand bar sometimes!

BoatPI
07-27-2005, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=BoatPI]Having had had all three Sprint as it stands today is best. Here is why; Thay have a large presence of towers throughout the area, but a ahortage in Parker. They use Verizon as the digital roam side of the phones roaming and Cellular One on the Analog side. ALL ARE FREE, if you get the free and clear program. NEVER any roaming charges, period, as long as the monthly use roaming is less than 50% of you time. I have yet to find better coverage or a price. It even works in the native CRIT land on 95 south of Parker (analog roam), and at the sandbar....
Two lines, unlimited roaming, 800 high time minutes, after 7PM (M-F) unlimited night calling, and of course free weekends, $70 a month