PDA

View Full Version : Lake Powell

silver surfer
07-26-2005, 04:46 PM
I am looking to go to Lake Powell for the first time in August. Could someone recommend a few hotels/motels to stay near or on the Lake? I guess Paige is where most people stay?
Thanks.

Uplink
07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
We've stayed at the Best Western in Page, walking distance to all the resturants, and close to the gas & groceries. We used Antelope Point launch each day, same distance, but less crowded than Wahweep. Worked out great. Have fun.
Mark
:D

Wake Havasu
07-26-2005, 11:05 PM
I am looking to go to Lake Powell for the first time in August. Could someone recommend a few hotels/motels to stay near or on the Lake? I guess Paige is where most people stay?
Thanks.
Buy a good map!
I have mine at work and can name tjem for you tomorrow.
I stayed in Page at the Courtyard Marriot, was nice.
Eat at Strombolis in Page- Great pizza and fun crowds.
Launch at Antelope Point. ItÂ’s less crowded and half way through the "narrows" enroute to the lager parts of the lake.
Bring extra fuel as its a ways to Marinas. Dangling Rope Marina is at Marker 40 with Antelope at about 9 so its 31 miles to your first fuel stop, Fuel up there no matter what.
Have ice cream at Dangling rope Marina.
Cell phones don't work in the main channel. I tried Verizon, T Moble and Cingular and none worked.

silver surfer
07-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the help. We will be leaving in two weeks as well. See you on the Lake.

Mardonzi
07-27-2005, 08:52 PM
There will be a bunch of us out Aug 4th through the 8th,,, give it some thought....