PDA

View Full Version : reverse spam holley carb.

slotracer
07-26-2005, 07:33 PM
i have a stock 455 that i need a holley for. does anyone have a 700 or 750 in decent shape that they would like to sell. i got one off ebay that was supposed to be in great shape but i am not getting any gas out of it like there is a blockage of some sorts. do not have the time to tear down right now and never have taken apart a holley before. thanks
pat(slotracer) :confused:

FASTRAT
07-27-2005, 02:06 PM
i have a stock 455 that i need a holley for. does anyone have a 700 or 750 in decent shape that they would like to sell. i got one off ebay that was supposed to be in great shape but i am not getting any gas out of it like there is a blockage of some sorts. do not have the time to tear down right now and never have taken apart a holley before. thanks
pat(slotracer) :confused:
Pat...ur so funny lol :)...the holley carb is 1 of the easiest to work on...8 bowl screws & it falls apart...think about this...if u find another 1 somewhere...it will take u 7-10 days to get it & by that time u could have the 1 u got fixed!!...a man of ur knowledge & intel should be able to fix it in about 1 hr...if ur running a Denon?...its the same except for the metering block...just take it apart & soak it in carb cleaner...pull the needles & seats out...power valves...floats etc & clean everything...buy new non-stick gaskets (bowl & metering blocks) & put it back together...blow everything dry with a air hose & blow all the air bleads out with air...its a piece of cake :)...time to get ur feet wet & "just do it" :)
fastrat

slotracer
07-27-2005, 02:46 PM
i am going to order the rebuild kit for it and teach myself something new :rollside: . never to old to learn something. i mainly like building engines and bigger things. never had to play with a carb before but there is always a first for everything. :boxed:
pat(slotracer) :idea:

FASTRAT
07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
i am going to order the rebuild kit for it and teach myself something new :rollside: . never to old to learn something. i mainly like building engines and bigger things. never had to play with a carb before but there is always a first for everything. :boxed:
pat(slotracer) :idea:
thata boy Pat :)...never too old to learn something new...i'm always learning & I AM old! lol...make sure u run a mill file over each end of the ctr section where the metering blocks go to make sure there flat...i wanna hear about ur re-build after its done
fastrat