PDA

View Full Version : Spray in Bedliner

Reaper1
07-27-2005, 08:08 AM
Which is the best? Line-X, Rhino Liner. Any reccomendations? Hook Ups. :)
Thanks!

Racer277
07-27-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks!
Talk to Pixilated Pussy here on the boards, they've done some other HBer's
:)

sigepmock
07-27-2005, 09:16 AM
I've had Rhino in last two trucks, new one came with lineX(not by choice) and it sucks compared to the Rhino. IMO LineX is too hard and tends to wear out/off and it's already tearing and peeling off on the new truck. Rhino lining is softer more rubbery and lasts forever. I did tear it once dragging a loaded pallet out of the bed with a forklift, a nail was hanging out the bottom and tore it pretty good. Went back to Rhino and they repaired it for free :smile: Jason at Rancho Motorsports actually got his start with Rhino linings and he still does them. Give him a call and tell him you're a ***boater, (909)390-9722. May not be the cheapest but definately the best. As soon as the rest of this piece o crap Line X in my truck wears out(which shouldn't be long) I'll have Jason spray it with the Rhino lining.
Chris

Newcastle
07-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Sweet..I need a liner too. Thanks Chris. You happen to know if they do window tint, Ford grilles, and minor paint matching (wheel wells)?
Nate

sigepmock
07-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Grilles - yes
Tint- I'm not sure. think no but he may have someone who does :confused:
Paint - Doesn't do it himself but he was ablt to get the fender flares on my last truck smoothed and painted.
Give him a call, tell him you're interested in buying his 27 Daytona for sale, then see what kind of deal he offers you.... :crossx: j/k
Give him a call he's a cool guy and can hook you up,
Chris

goneboatin
07-27-2005, 02:52 PM
I've got the Line-X in my present truck - it's ok, but I prefer the Rhino I had in my last truck. Like Sige said, the Rhino is softer and more rubberyer (?), so stuff doesn't slide around. I have noticed on a lot of Rhinos lately that they look like they were just splattered and uneven in the bed. I had my Rhino done at the Rhino shop on Archibald in Ranch Cucamonga and it was done pretty even, but I ended up with a mystery ding in the top bed rail by the cab. My Line-X is very even and consistant, but it is very hard and stuff tends to slide around. Line-x also has an on line coupon on their website and they take AAA card discounts.

welk2party
07-27-2005, 03:12 PM
My Father In-Law just got a new product that he brushed in himself on his work truck and it looks like good stuff. $100 is what he paid I think he said. I will be interested in seeing how well this holds up compared to the others.

Hot Rod Hallett
07-27-2005, 03:30 PM
Line-X!!!! Rhino looks like F#*ckin ass. All rubbery and clumped up it just does not lay right. Line-X!!!

Reaper1
07-27-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks for the info. everybody. When I'm ready I'll have to take a look at both brands and make a choice.
Newcastle - I just had my truck tinted by a mobile guy out of Anaheim. He did a good job and I would recommend him.
Spencer Klotz (714) 654-2226

tahitijet
07-27-2005, 07:09 PM
I'll throw my .02 in as well. Rhino i think is stronger for everyday heavy use. and by heavy i mean heavy not just average. Line x though will last a very long time for most every day average use and by far looks much better.. In show trucks all we use is Line-x.
If it matters to you in our line of work we have to remove these liners from time to time Line x removes alot nicer then Rhino as well.
line-x is also easier to find throughout Calif. then Rhino, and I don't know if Rhino does or not but for a small fee you can get your line-x color matched.

Newcastle
07-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the info. everybody. When I'm ready I'll have to take a look at both brands and make a choice.
Newcastle - I just had my truck tinted by a mobile guy out of Anaheim. He did a good job and I would recommend him.
Spencer Klotz (714) 654-2226
Sweet...I work out of Anaheim. Maybe I can have him show up there. You know if he makes it out to Corona at all? I'll call tomorrow to set it up. Thanks!
A buddy of mine just had a bedliner done and got a glossy coat over it. I think it's LineX but I'm not certain. Said it costs an extra 100 or so, but stays looking brand new for years. Doesn't turn gray or get scratches all over it. That's what I'm gonna go with.

mbrown2
07-28-2005, 07:30 AM
I am looking at doing the interior of a jeep wrangler with either one of these spray in coatings...easier to clean then carpet after being on the trail; I can just spray it out.... What might work better in a tub of a jeep?
And does anyone recommend anyone in the Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks area?

RMS
07-28-2005, 07:45 AM
I've Been A Rhino Dealer For Over 8 Years And Before I Went With Rhino I Looked At Everything Out There And Did My Own R&d Testing Line X Is A AVERAGE Product But Rhino Is Thicker Has More Of A Non Skid Surface And As Far As The Finished Product I Can Make Rhino Texture Look Smooth And Even Just Like Rhin-x

Reaper1
07-28-2005, 07:53 AM
I was quoted $490 from 4 wheel parts for the Line-X. That included the UV protectant which I think is what Newcastle is talking about.
RMS - How much for Rhino and where are you located? :D

RMS
07-28-2005, 07:59 AM
A Short Bed Full Size Truck Under The Rail Is 399.00 . 75 More For Over We Have A Product Called Rhino Shine That Is 20.00 You Apply It Once A Year And The Bed Stays Looking New. We Are Located In Ontario On The 15 Frwy. Mention Hot Boat And Get 25.00 Off

Reaper1
07-28-2005, 08:15 AM
Thanks! Sounds good. Contact Number???

RMS
07-28-2005, 08:19 AM
909-390-9722

sigepmock
07-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Rhino has all the colors and even a GLOW IN THE DARK option don't they?????
And who is this RMS guy???? :confused: :D

RMS
07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Whats Up Chris I Had To Chime In After Those Comments

El Chingon
07-28-2005, 08:57 AM
And who is this RMS guy???? :confused: :D
Could it be an ex-lurker named Jason? :D

sigepmock
07-28-2005, 09:04 AM
Could it be an ex-lurker named Jason? :D
About time he chimed in!!!!!
Not sure if you're interested but there's a really clean 27 Daytona for sale over in the Cats & Tunnels section :D

El Chingon
07-28-2005, 09:13 AM
About time he chimed in!!!!!
Not sure if you're interested but there's a really clean 27 Daytona for sale over in the Cats & Tunnels section :D
With all the pimpin' you do for him, it's about time he upgrades to a new boat! :D
Welcome aboard Jason. :cool: Steve

sigepmock
07-28-2005, 09:44 AM
With all the pimpin' you do for him, it's about time he upgrades to a new boat! :D
Welcome aboard Jason. :cool: Steve
Now that he's here I can stop finally. I was starting to sound like a broken record. :D

RMS
07-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Please Don't I Like Hearing It From You Much Better

SoCalHD
07-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Now that he's here I can stop finally. I was starting to sound like a broken record. :D
LOL :D :D

mbrown2
07-28-2005, 01:58 PM
Jason, thanks for the info on doing the Wrangler when I called...if I do it, I will give you guys a call.

pixilatedpussy
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Thanks!
Hey...we just did Trojan Dan's, Kiddunot's, & Huckleberry's.....Line x! :D

Ivan Dan
07-28-2005, 07:01 PM
How about a HB group discount? Sounds like we have about 4-5 trucks that all wanna get done here ASAP.

pixilatedpussy
07-28-2005, 08:07 PM
How about a HB group discount? Sounds like we have about 4-5 trucks that all wanna get done here ASAP.
Hey I told you alll a couple months ago I could hook ya up......call the man in the a.m. at the shop...(949)951-5265 ! Some peeps already took advantage of the deal!!! We can only run it for a lil longer as the line x guy we used tried to jack up the price on us....he said he would extend the HB deal a short time longer! :D

El Chingon
07-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Hey...we just did Trojan Dan's.....Line x! :D
I just saw my little bro's job and it came out very clean,he's real happy with it and got a smokin' deal. Long bed over the rail with the UV.

Punisher
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
where exactly are you located?I want to get my long bed f350 done.Any ideas on price range?

TrojanDan
07-29-2005, 02:48 PM
Awesome job and well worth the 45 mile drive. Thanks man for the hook up and great meeting you and the wife. We'll see you out at the river with the Racer 277's sometime. I drive my truck to it's new home in Havasu tonight. I just got the Snug Lid installed today. I'll bring the truck home in a couple of months for those AMP steps. :cool:
p.s.- your employee left your color samples in my truck. Let me know if you want me to mail them back to you.

phebus
07-29-2005, 03:44 PM
Did you get the Snug Lid locally? I am going to get one, and I'm looking for a place with the best price.

TrojanDan
07-29-2005, 04:14 PM
My bro's friend bought it with his re-sale license and had it installed for me. Bought it in Ontario somewhere.

Boat Ride
07-30-2005, 09:01 AM
well,
I used to work for anahiem LINE-X... so let me tell you alittle story...
I was at the CAL Truck Jam(truck show)...... i took a sample of line-x over to rhino liner...took a sample of theres & rubbed it together with the line-x...kinda like sand paper to sand paper...(the better sand paper would still be rough right?) well after having the rhino dealer come over to me & ask what i was doing... he started to filp out... which caused a crowd to form.... i laught & with out looking , i show the crowd the two samples....
they were in awh... & i made a bunch of money that day...
want a good deal on a Line-x
pm me... i still have a hook up

RMS
07-30-2005, 07:32 PM
That Sounds Like A Great Example Why Dont You Save Some Money And Put Sand Paper In Your Bed

sigepmock
07-31-2005, 05:53 AM
Sand Paper is exactly what I think of when I think of bedliners....... :confused: :D I think it really comes down to personal preference. I prefer the more rubery Rhino liner. The line is very similar to sand paper....it has little bits of material that feel just like sand paper.
Here's my personal experience. My buddy and I bought almost identical Chevy 1500 4x4 Z71's after we graduated from college. Then we put the same lift and tires on, etc.... I had Jason spray my truck with Rhino Liner and my buddy had the LineX sprayed in. We both used our trucks very similar, hal our bikes to the track and Glamis, help all our lowlife friends move,....yadda yadda yadda. Anyway two years later we're out at Glamis and he's parked right next to me and he's complaining because all the little "Sand Paper" like grit on his LineX had worn down and his bedliner was supper slick, especially when it got wet. My Rhino liner on the other hand was still looking great and had just as much holding power as it did new.
Like I said, it's really up to what you want and which style you like better.
Chris

sigepmock
07-31-2005, 06:16 AM
That Sounds Like A Great Example Why Dont You Save Some Money And Put Sand Paper In Your Bed
Oh and Newbie......you can't start talking $hit until you have at least 100 posts......... :eek: :D

Newcastle
07-31-2005, 09:36 AM
Oh and Newbie......you can't start talking $hit until you have at least 100 posts......... :eek: :D
Damn...that mean I can start now? :idea:
I'm gonna go with whichever has the glossy coat to make it look new always...

RMS
07-31-2005, 11:05 AM
It All Comes Down To Personal Preference And The Qualities Your Looking For So Go Look,touch,and Compare Both Products And Then Give Them A Call To Make An Appointment 909-390-9722 No More S/t For Me.

pixilatedpussy
08-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Awesome job and well worth the 45 mile drive. Thanks man for the hook up and great meeting you and the wife. We'll see you out at the river with the Racer 277's sometime. I drive my truck to it's new home in Havasu tonight. I just got the Snug Lid installed today. I'll bring the truck home in a couple of months for those AMP steps. :cool:
p.s.- your employee left your color samples in my truck. Let me know if you want me to mail them back to you.
Could you please??? Thanks!! Glad we got to meet ya! See ya on the water cutie! Tina :D Come to the adult trip...trust me you dont want to miss this next weekends trip! :devil:

pixilatedpussy
08-01-2005, 07:54 PM
where exactly are you located?I want to get my long bed f350 done.Any ideas on price range?
Laguna Hills/Lake Forest :D