PDA

View Full Version : Decent camping on Powell?

AirtimeLavey
05-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok, anybody got site /cove suggestions for decent camping (tent type of thing) on Powell? Preferrably towards southwest end. Thinking about staying out on the lake at least one night, later this summer.
Thanks, ATL.

Outnumbered
05-03-2006, 11:12 PM
Ok, anybody got site /cove suggestions for decent camping (tent type of thing) on Powell? Preferrably towards southwest end. Thinking about staying out on the lake at least one night, later this summer.
Thanks, ATL.
PM Titties and Beer, Mardonzi, AZ Lake Lizzard, Dees Nutz, etc. Those guys can hook you up with a good location. They know the lake well.

Flying Tiger
05-05-2006, 05:14 PM
The level is rising.
30 going in, 10 going out.

DEEZ NUTTS
05-05-2006, 05:34 PM
With the water level changing the beaches will too. As your trip gets closer we will tell you the best places at the time and most likely be there anyway.

burtandnancy
05-05-2006, 05:47 PM
According to NPS it came up 2 feet this week, but Lake Mead dropped one more...

77charger
05-05-2006, 06:45 PM
we stay at lone rock.But during the week a few from our camp will take an overnight or 2 journey.Last time we went to escalante arm stayed there overnight.next night we went to another cove south of there.
We will go with atleast 2 boats we went into a canyon and gathered some firewood to have a nice bonfire.

Sotally Tober
05-05-2006, 08:29 PM
There are a lot of great places. It can be hard to find depending on what time of year you go. Just find a spot that is not out in the open as the wind can come up in the middle of the night. Padre Bay, Rock Creek around Dangling Rope are some good spots. I love the Escalante River but it can be hard to find good sights there as they are very limited. Find your campsite early in the day. The water is rising a lot right now so be careful. What time of year are you planning on going?

AirtimeLavey
05-07-2006, 06:00 PM
There are a lot of great places. It can be hard to find depending on what time of year you go. Just find a spot that is not out in the open as the wind can come up in the middle of the night. Padre Bay, Rock Creek around Dangling Rope are some good spots. I love the Escalante River but it can be hard to find good sights there as they are very limited. Find your campsite early in the day. The water is rising a lot right now so be careful. What time of year are you planning on going?
First wk. in Aug. Thanks, everyone for the replies. May try and get by the Powellfest, if I can talk the in-laws into it. We'll have kids w/us, too.

AirtimeLavey
05-07-2006, 07:36 PM
come stay 1-2 nights with us @ powellfest,it's a great time.aug 3-7 :cool: we we're on lonerock sat night (i think)when the water comes up its going to be tumdleweed city :cry:
We prob. won't be on the water until the 6th, but I def. make the effort to find you guys. :cool: