PDA

View Full Version : What do you do if....

JustMVG
07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
You were going to sell your boat, and the dealer who was taking your boat in as a trade has the boat detailed and had the name of your boat buffed off. Now i have a change of mind and get the boat back from the dealer, who i paid for the detailing they had done. Do they have any responsibility to return the name back onto the boat? It was painted on, and since i see myself keeping the boat for the near future at least i'd like to see the name back on. Any ideas folks, and i am not naming names i have too much respect for them.
MikeVG

spectratoad
07-27-2005, 02:13 PM
Were you selling the boat or trading it in?
I would say that they should keep it the way it is until you no longer own it. They should put it back on IMO.

CandyA$$
07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
Ummm I would think so, but then you did give it to them, so not sure

JustMVG
07-27-2005, 02:17 PM
It was being used as a consignment to purchase another owners boat and he was to use the funds from the sale of my boat toward another of the same builder. Did that make sense?

JustMVG
07-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Like i said i respect them and they have been very good to me and we are still on good terms, both the owner of the boat i wanted and the then owner of the boat company.

JustMVG
07-27-2005, 02:35 PM
They did and thanks everyone for your opinions and help. Now anyone know a good name painter in my area Fontana?

HCS
07-27-2005, 02:40 PM
lost your name huh? :D

hoolign
07-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Ummm I would think so, but then you did give it to them, so not sure
I'm absolutely postitive that I'm fairly unsure ... :D

Tom Brown
07-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I don't know what's right and what's wrong here but I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd have vinyl letters cut and placed on transfer tape so I can apply them myself. Why put further thought into a problem that can be solved for $20?
Also, I think buffing off the paint was a good idea if the boat was being sold. The cleaner it looks, the better.

hoolign
07-27-2005, 02:49 PM
I don't know what's right and what's wrong here but I'll tell you what I'd do. I'd have vinyl letters cut and placed on transfer tape so I can apply them myself. Why put further thought into a problem that can be solved for $20?
Also, I think buffing off the paint was a good idea if the boat was being sold. The cleaner it looks, the better.
Look at Brown ...sounding all Switzerland ...and shit :D

meaniam
07-27-2005, 04:44 PM
lol ill check my old thread for info on that. some one said something about fontana

meaniam
07-27-2005, 04:48 PM
sorry cant find it

termiteguy
07-27-2005, 04:55 PM
call and ask the builder who the use and if you dont want to ask them call one of the local builders i think they subb all that out :hammer2:

Forkin' Crazy
07-27-2005, 05:04 PM
Sounds like you paid for your detal job with your name. :idea:
:D

Wicked Performance Boats
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
The dealer acted in good faith. Since you backed out of the deal, through no fault of the dealer's (I'm assuming), I'd say it's on you to reapply the name to your boat at your expense.
Resubmitted because it disappeared. :D
I agree with SB. Get over it and Just have a vinyl sticker made up and put on. Budlight

JustMVG
07-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Well this seems to be going back and forth, i guess the boat co should have or could have let me know that they were going to have the name removed as part of the deal, but that never came up, i was always under the impression that once named it just stayed there, superstition and all that, i have heard that renaming a boat is a bad thing, but what the heck do i know, seems nowadays everything i know is wrong....

Nord
07-27-2005, 05:17 PM
I would have to say that this would have to go under the "within reason" section of taking care of a customer. Sounds like you changed your mind, so they really don't have to put the name back on.
It doesn't hurt to ask though! :)
Good Luck and let us know!

advantage21
07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
Bob Thompson Is In Alta Loma And Has Done Many Boats From The Forums Can Get You His Number When I Get Home.