PDA

View Full Version : Anyone trying to sell a GM product??

riverracerx
07-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Man, you can't give away a used GM product these days. Trade in and resale values blow! I can afford a new vehicle, I just can't afford to take a huge hit getting rid of my old one? Anyone else have trouble selling a '03 or '04? :2purples:

Wonderboy
07-28-2005, 10:09 AM
Man, you can't give away a used GM product these days. Trade in and resale values blow! I can afford a new vehicle, I just can't afford to take a huge hit getting rid of my old one? Anyone else have trouble selling a '03 or '04? :2purples:
Is it because of the discounts on new vehicles that the value on used one's has taken a sh!t?

Beer-30
07-28-2005, 10:10 AM
It's about to go down another notch when the new body comes out. Makes previous models that much harder to sell. I'm stayin' with my 98 till new model.

riverracerx
07-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I get that, but if you get torqued on a trade in the great deal seems to not work in your favor. :(

Beer-30
07-28-2005, 10:16 AM
I would stick with what you got, killer. Wait a couple of years and get a new body. If it's an 03 or 04, it is obviously in good shape, just stick it out a few more years.

cdog
07-28-2005, 10:19 AM
I've got real close to blue book on my trades at tustin Chevy. Within 1200 bucks on our 02 tahoe for our new 05.
I'm gonna have to sell my 03 sub real soon. We'll see what happens.

dicudmore
07-28-2005, 10:22 AM
yeah I need to get rid of my 02 Dmax and I know I'm gonna take a beating

meaniam
07-28-2005, 10:36 AM
maybe your problem is that you were reamed when buying this thang. all vehicals lose value. well there are a few that dont like 96 impala. but that is rare. if you need help i can try and help you out. pm me

meaniam
07-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Is it because of the discounts on new vehicles that the value on used one's has taken a sh!t?
that and people keep trading in there cars to get newer every 3 years. the dealer wont eat their mistakes, so the balances keep getting transfered, and added in to the back of the deal. now you become more upside down. at least you are still able to get out. learn how to buy your car and you wont complain so much. go buy a dodge, mitsubishi, chrysler and see how screwed you are.

thom
07-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I'm looking at getting rid of an 04 tahoe, Low miles etc.. and i even bought it used at wholesale and i think im going to take a small hit.
Not good

riverracerx
07-28-2005, 10:43 AM
I did good on my purchase. I got it below invoice, but values have certainly plumetted since the family plan stuff.
I just want something different, even though what I have is perfectly fine.

meaniam
07-28-2005, 01:23 PM
thank about this. if you are buying a vehical below invoice which is what the dealerships price is. where do you thank they are going to make profit. dealership are there to make money. no matter what. they will not sell a vehical for loss. even loss leader ads have ways to make money. now go to a chevy dealership look at their used trucks mine for example proably carries 16k to 18k for trade in value my window sticker was 29,8(something) i bought it for 24k that is after i make my last payment. 24k included my financing tax lic down payment (which was zero) everything. let them low ball me at 15k which is somewhere in the neighbor hood of what i owe. the dealership puts it the money for all recon smog ect. then they place that used truck up for 18999 they do a little bargining on the price. now its 17k. plus extra for warrenty whatever they make on the paper (financing) then you have tax and lic. roughly 10% of the price they will make a couple thousand front and back. by the time the new owner leaves he is 17k for truck 1700 for tax lic 1800 to 2800 for warrenty that comes to like 20800 for a 03 chevy silverado. that is what the customer pays, that is what it is worth.
sell your truck out right for what they are selling in the magizine. offer to help sorce financing. it is easy. the buyers do all the work. and you will get alot more for your truck. and go in to buy new truck. free and clear of all debt, from previous cars.
if you do all this and you want help. i will go in and play hard ball for you. just ask. but kick your trade. it will be a whole lot easier.
the sales system is designed to make you feel like you won. and you are a master at negotiation. it will help you come back.
mike

meaniam
07-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I did good on my purchase. I got it below invoice, but values have certainly plumetted since the family plan stuff.
I just want something different, even though what I have is perfectly fine.
the value of new vehical have increased slowly in the past 3 years. i belive msrp on impalas were 18k in 2001. and now they are 24k. prices on those cars just increased. and no matter what you will never get the 10% for tax and lic back. and if you bought an extended warrenty. request what amount is unused back they will prorate it. but only do this if you are trading in the car or selling it
mike

mbrown2
07-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Screw it, just paid off the wife's Escalade...she barely drives it, so she can barely drive it for the next 10 years... LOL :) :) :)

boxscore
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
Screw it, just paid off the wife's Escalade...she barely drives it, so she can barely drive it for the next 10 years... LOL :) :) :)
Escalade? I make my ol' lady walk to the grocery store. (I love acting tough)

mbrown2
07-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Escalade? I make my ol' lady walk to the grocery store. (I love acting tough)
That's funny, but in all seriousness, my wife started riding her beach cruiser the mile to work...so for the last three weeks her car just sits in the garage....I guess I better not say $hit or I might have to buy her a new bike too. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
My mom just went to look at new Chevy's. They offered her a total of $5K for a 94 crew cab dually w/110,000 miles and a 99 convertible firebird. She was not happy. :hammerhea

Brian Ray
07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
well there are a few that dont like 96 impala. but that is rare. if you need help i can try and help you out. pm me
I've got on sitting in my garage.....;)

Beer-30
07-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Never trade in. Always sell outright. Good luck right now, either way.

Nord
07-28-2005, 03:53 PM
I checked into the new body thing, and its not going to be next year!!! I went ahead and bought an Avalanche and they aren't changing that body style anytime soon. Its the Suburban and Tahoe I heard about, but, everyone I've talked to says the same thing.......Not next year.????
What gives Who REALLY knows?? :confused:

sdpm
07-28-2005, 04:12 PM
I can't believe that some of the boat mfg's haven't jumped all over this " BUY AT INVOICE OR $100.00 OVER INVOICE" crap. If you really think that they (the dealerships) are showing you the real invoice for what they have to pay for that vehicle your fooling yourself! Show me any company that sells something for $30,000.00 and profits $200.00 " over invoice" and stays in business. There not making it on financing either. 0% or 1.9% doesn't do it. Why do you thing all the other car companys followed? Before all this "EMPLOYEE PRICING" B.S. started, with all the rebates (more BS) and incentives and working on the dealer, I could have got the same price on the truck I was going to buy. Now you have no room to bargain. Pay this price. I don't know why dealers need salesmen anymore! All they need is a few more F & I people. It sure didn't take long for the others to see that GM had a good thing going. If Eliminator said that they would sell you a boat for $200.00 over invoice, they would be lined up at the door. :cool:

Nord
07-28-2005, 04:41 PM
I can't believe that some of the boat mfg's haven't jumped all over this " BUY AT INVOICE OR $100.00 OVER INVOICE" crap. If you really think that they (the dealerships) are showing you the real invoice for what they have to pay for that vehicle your fooling yourself! Show me any company that sells something for $30,000.00 and profits $200.00 " over invoice" and stays in business. There not making it on financing either. 0% or 1.9% doesn't do it. Why do you thing all the other car companys followed? Before all this "EMPLOYEE PRICING" B.S. started, with all the rebates (more BS) and incentives and working on the dealer, I could have got the same price on the truck I was going to buy. Now you have no room to bargain. Pay this price. I don't know why dealers need salesmen anymore! All they need is a few more F & I people. It sure didn't take long for the others to see that GM had a good thing going. If Eliminator said that they would sell you a boat for $200.00 over invoice, they would be lined up at the door. :cool:
I bargained (a little) on top of the price, but your right, not much room to bargain after they take 10,000 dollars off. I almost bought the same truck a month ago for 11,000 more.
As far as the boat thing goes, they aren't sitting with a glut of inventory like chevy, ford and the rest!!

Froggystyle
07-28-2005, 05:08 PM
I have an offer on my 02 D-max right now that looks great on paper, ($45,000) but I want the new D-max sub next year to replace it.
As stupid as this sounds, if I was to replace my truck today, it would be with a 3500 van with a D-max. I think I could pimp it out right, and it would be awesome for work.

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:24 PM
My mom just went to look at new Chevy's. They offered her a total of $5K for a 94 crew cab dually w/110,000 miles and a 99 convertible firebird. She was not happy. :hammerhea
what does she want for the firebird, the truck is worth 2200- 3000 or so as trade

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:26 PM
I've got on sitting in my garage.....;)
and if you were one of the original owners. and it has low milage throw that on jackstands and forget about it for 20 yrs

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:28 PM
I checked into the new body thing, and its not going to be next year!!! I went ahead and bought an Avalanche and they aren't changing that body style anytime soon. Its the Suburban and Tahoe I heard about, but, everyone I've talked to says the same thing.......Not next year.????
What gives Who REALLY knows?? :confused:
i thought jay posted a link from chevy confrence, that happened in palm springs 2 months ago. saying new body in production due out in march 06 as a 07 model

Havasu Hangin'
07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Same thing happened to me a couple years ago when GM went to zero financing...the used market takes a beating.

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
nord is 200% right. this is why you dont get the 0% offers anymore. i am 200% sure that my payment with 1.9% @6 yrs is better then employee program.
nord i am sure you enjoy your new truck. where did you buy it from

Nord
07-28-2005, 05:36 PM
Photoglue actually was a tremendous help and a really nice guy, but I screwed up and found the exact truck i wanted at Tustin Chevrolet.
I got a White Avalanche Z71 with the Escalade handles and white wheel flares, no ugly grey molding, Leather, sunroof, heated seets the whole nine!! I even had them throw in the chrome chevy bowtie.
I won't lift it (my tahoe was lifted and just through rocks all over the trailer) but I'd like to get better rims when I can afford to blow $$$ again!

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:39 PM
anytime you can buy a new car for the same payment, on a old car people will buy the new.
a new car has higher intrest rates. and watch out for add on intrest.
the way add on works is you get a rate of 9% and a add on off like 21 or so. i dont remeber the % added on. just an example. your payment go to paying intrest first. then after 3 or 4 years you start paying the balance.
simple intrest is just the % you are told you will pay. nothing added. your payment goes to paying balance and intrest at same time. so your balance owed starts dropping faster. meaning you are not as likely to be upside down.
and leases i just wont ever do one. unless im old and dont plan going anywhere

meaniam
07-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Photoglue actually was a tremendous help and a really nice guy, but I screwed up and found the exact truck i wanted at Tustin Chevrolet.
I got a White Avalanche Z71 with the Escalade handles and white wheel flares, no ugly grey molding, Leather, sunroof, heated seets the whole nine!! I even had them throw in the chrome chevy bowtie.
I won't lift it (my tahoe was lifted and just through rocks all over the trailer) but I'd like to get better rims when I can afford to blow $$$ again!
that is good to hear. wish you luck. the avalaches are bad ass

Havasu Hangin'
07-28-2005, 05:43 PM
Even if you had the cash to buy one outright, people should take advantage of zero percent. The savings is not just the amortized interest, but the interest you'll make by sticking your cash in a CD and making the payments.
The math is pretty simple.

TCHB
07-28-2005, 06:41 PM
You should keep your car as long as you can and put the money into something that will grow not evaporate.

meaniam
07-28-2005, 06:46 PM
i wish that gm would go back to 0% sale. better deal

77charger
07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
I am one who bought new vs used.I got my 04 2500hd in jan 04.Main reasons going new
price diff was about 5k
0 miles vs 20k and up
warranty vs no warranty
zero percent finance bonus cash vs 5.9 percent interest
brand new vs used
color and options i want.etc.
In the end i think the price difference will be equal when all paid for.Not to hard to make up mind plus i do plan on keeping my truck for a long time at least 8-10 years.

Beer-30
07-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Used boats, I am all for.
Used vehicles, I don't do, except in the case of something special. An AMG Benz or an Impala SS, something not driven much.
Vehicles are used all of the time, boats are used seasonal. My 2001 Sleek had 165 hours on it when I bought it this past January. I am quite certain a 2001 pickup/tahoe/suburban would have several more hours. There will be a lot of nice, used GM vehicles for sale right now, since everyone is getting new ones during this deal.
I am still waiting for the new body. Even probably a year after that. My 98 only has 67,500.

Boozer
07-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Seriously... There are some down right stupid m*ther f*ckers posting in this thread.
meaniam. No offense but if you want to be taken seriously then you need to learn to post seriously. Capitals and punctuation marks were not made for NO reason. Punctuation was created so that people can understand what another person is writing and trying to express. Over the years it also evolved to a way of identifying the dumb ass drop outs and the people who actually paid attention in class. Those who don't punctuate are typically those who were to lazy to graduate. A little effort goes a LONG way.
Seriously meaniam if you were really a GM employee then you would understand this GM Eployee pricing is the real deal. GM NEVER said "Buy cars from us so cheap we wont make money!" Or did they?? You tell me, seeing as how you know some secret that noone else seems to know. If GM wasn't making money they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. I dont know about you but I dont work for free so I respect what GM is doing even if they are making money.
The GM employee plan is simple. GM employees get GMS pricing plus rebates. So GM is giving the general public the same pricing. Is GM making money on every car sold?? Most likely yes. Is GM making money on all of the deals that GMAC financing is getting out of the deal?? HELL YES! But even so the money they are making is very minimal. But regardless there is no secret, no special pricing the public is not aware of.
And back to ORIGINAL topic. Buy new Buy used you will still take a hit unless you buy a DCB. :hammerhea

Boozer
07-28-2005, 10:47 PM
I can tell you that I know exactly what dealerships buy vehicles from other dealerships for. When you buy a vehicle on GMS pricing you get the vehicle at the DEALERSHIP cost less hold back. Hold back averages about $1,000. When you pay your insurance, Photoglou, and the utilities its amazing they are able to keep the doors open.
But regardless of all that bullsh*t you can spend a month shopping around pricing around and you will not get a better deal on a new vehicle then you will buying a GM vehicle. PERIOD.
Keep psyching yourself out thinking there's some black magic mystical shit going on if you must. But sometimes (very few times) there really isnt a catch.

boxscore
07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
That's funny, but in all seriousness, my wife started riding her beach cruiser the mile to work...so for the last three weeks her car just sits in the garage....I guess I better not say $hit or I might have to buy her a new bike too. :D
Your wife is sexy for riding the bike to work.

meaniam
07-29-2005, 09:15 AM
I can tell you that I know exactly what dealerships buy vehicles from other dealerships for. When you buy a vehicle on GMS pricing you get the vehicle at the DEALERSHIP cost less hold back. Hold back averages about $1,000. When you pay your insurance, Photoglou, and the utilities its amazing they are able to keep the doors open.
But regardless of all that bullsh*t you can spend a month shopping around pricing around and you will not get a better deal on a new vehicle then you will buying a GM vehicle. PERIOD.
Keep psyching yourself out thinking there's some black magic mystical shit going on if you must. But sometimes (very few times) there really isnt a catch.
boozer. ill say this. i dont give a shit what you, or any other teacher wanna bes think. i dont have time to care what a flop like you says or thinks about my typos, 1 who can not find a niche in ca. and has to move back to colorado . whoppi f@cking doo. now if you are such a geniuess and this is such a great deal. then. how can my friends who still work for chevy, still afford their 3000 a month house payment. they re nice cars, trucks, boat. if they werent making money. they would have left by now. sales is all stratigic.
i was sitting on the point. and if you know anything about car sales you would no this term. i was sitting there shooting the shit with my 2 buds. and they say the last 2 months. have been the best months since 01. and this sales has customer laying down. the biggest problem in sales is the customer always thanks there is a better deal out there. so with this the customer drops there hands down and say ok. price is no longer an objective. but if you were to pay attention to your payment. that is where your focus should be. you are paying for that vehical in total. see how much you have spent, when your last payment is completed. that is the true cost of the purchase.on your contract it will state total amount financed.
i dought vochers were minnies. you sell a truck at invoice you get a flat 25 dollars. i wouldnt kick it for 25 dollars a day. not even 30 mins. now when i did work for chevy. there was no such thing as employee pricing. at least not for dealer employees. now suppliers of gm and employees and family of gm plant recived gms1 or gms2 pricing. i saw that i flipped deal free and clear to some rookie.
the 0% intrest is a better deal by far. compared to 6.9 and up. becuase if you know your shit. and have good credit. not a roach like yourself. your payment are cheaper. then it would be on gm pricing. and if you have the time i prove it to you.
but if you have bad credit. or dont qualify for 0% which 75% of the public dont. then employee pricing may be your only option. you still better bring the ky jelly
you know nothing of car sales but i feel as though your some dumb ass, that actually belives the shit he gets shoveled. and until you know what you are saying. dont blast me.
i have noticed lately, there has been a few pricks like you running around the forum. you need to move on, get a life rather, then try and build an ego online. this forum is suppose to be kicked back. not a lot of shit talking. you are part of the 5% that ruins thing with confortation. but i am the 1% that would shut you up if i saw you. hope everything goes alright with the wedding and your move. i didnt want to start problems. but dont appreciate someone coming on. and telling me how the car buissness is ran. been in almost every part of it. and made a shit load of money doing it

Ion
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM
Although you didn't state what type of GM you own, I'll bet it's an SUV, right? I recently saw a news show stating that the demand for these SUV (and trucks) gas-guzzlers is dwindling as oil prices continue to climb, making it increasingly more difficult to resell with any substantial value. On the other hand, I'd have to speculate that smaller, more fuel-efficient GM's )as well as other makes) are probably holding their value pretty well.

meaniam
07-29-2005, 09:31 AM
i love chevys but cavilers, camaro, monte carlo, malibu and impalla, have not held value in recent years. those markets are soft.
chevy trucks will always have a resale market. in gas cars the honda, holds best resale. and i wouldnt know about high end cars. so im not stating

Dribble
07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
I can't give away my 02 Tahoe.

ReekoJames
07-29-2005, 09:59 AM
Screw GM!

meaniam
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Seriously... There are some down right stupid m*ther f*ckers posting in this thread.
meaniam. No offense but if you want to be taken seriously then you need to learn to post seriously. Capitals and punctuation marks were not made for NO reason. Punctuation was created so that people can understand what another person is writing and trying to express. Over the years it also evolved to a way of identifying the dumb ass drop outs and the people who actually paid attention in class. Those who don't punctuate are typically those who were to lazy to graduate. A little effort goes a LONG way.
Seriously meaniam if you were really a GM employee then you would understand this GM Eployee pricing is the real deal. GM NEVER said "Buy cars from us so cheap we wont make money!" Or did they?? You tell me, seeing as how you know some secret that Seriously meaniam if you were really a GM employee then you would understand this GM Eployee else seems to know. If GM wasn't making money they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. I dont know about you but I dont work for free so I respect what GM is doing even if they are making money.
The GM employee plan is simple. GM employees get GMS pricing plus rebates. So GM is giving the general public the same pricing. Is GM making money on every car sold?? Most likely yes. Is GM making money on all of the deals that GMAC financing is getting out of the deal?? HELL YES! But even so the money they are making is very minimal. But regardless there is no secret, no special pricing the public is not aware of.
And back to ORIGINAL topic. Buy new Buy used you will still take a hit unless you buy a DCB. :hammerhea
yeah i couldnt leave this one alone. i actually became pissed, that boozer, whom i dont even know. and before this thread never said anything negitive about. wanted to bash me about Capitals and punctuation marks. i of course know how to use them. just chose not to always do so. this is a relaxed forum. not a public speech. im not running for prez. so what does it matter. im sure 98% can understand this just fine. there are about 50% who one this site, dont use capitals. are they all dumb asses. next time if you decide to be all anal proof read your own shit. make sure you have no typos, before bashing someone.
your example follows:
1.Seriously meaniam if you were really a GM employee then you would understand this GM Eployee
i think you should read your own errors and follow your own advise.
A little effort goes a LONG way.
Now boozer. I wouldnt want to be a dick about these things. But i dont like the bashing. Capitals and puncuation. I dont really pay much attention to. typos i know i do them. Put your bashing of me is uncalled for. Just skip my post, If it is going to get you panties in a bunch. Good luck

Chromegorilla
07-29-2005, 11:49 AM
When I bought my diesel under GM's employee pricing they gave me 14.5 on my '02 Sierra which was a 4.8 automatic excab 4x2. I only owed 11.5. Once all this employee pricing is over with and all the 05's are pretty much gone and replaced with new inventory I think it will be different with the 03-04 trade ins.