PDA

View Full Version : Cottonwood Idiot

Wizard29
07-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Had a good trip to Cottonwood (our regular spot) last weekend except for the rain and thunderstorms on Sunday morning which caused large washouts on the two lane road - the only road - to and from Cottonwood.
Driving home Sunday afternoon with a guy in a white Suburban towing a wakeboard boat behind me. I'm taking it slowly over the washouts so as not to throw rocks all over my Tahoe or the guy behind me in the Suburban. Guess the guy got impatient and decides to pass me (quickly) while we are on a washout, flips us off as he drives by and causes a bunch of rocks and dust to hit my car. Actually a little comical to see his boat bouncing on the trailer and his wakebord tower shaking back and forth as he hit the ruts.
I catch up to him in Searchlight where he is pulled over and sees me. I slow down to ask him what his problem is and he comes to the passenger side of the car (where my girlfriend is sitting) and starts yelling for me to get out of the car. Not wanting her to get hurt, I drive away and he kicks the side of my Tahoe as I do. I circled around to speak with a cop who was around the corner, but the guy sees me doing so and takes off before the cop (who should have made more of an effort) can do anything.
In my opinion, guys like this have caused the river to degrade. I'm not much of the fighting sort, but I used to be in law enforcement myself. Had my girlfriend not been present and vulnerable, I would have certainly complied with his request to get out of the car. It's just sad to see people like this out there. Like Glamis, the 5% of bad people ruin it for the 95% of good people. In any case, I'm at Cottonwood all the time and I'll be waiting to see him again. What a jackass.....
-Joe

boxscore
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
Sometimes it seems a lot higher than 5%.

Nate56
07-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Man that sucks.. Your right though it's like that with cops also.. 5% think they are tougher than chit.. When it gives the 95% good cops a bad name.. I'm very protective of anything I own, if he would of kicked my truck.. All i have to say is bye bye.. I would of whooped the chit out of that dude.... I hate when people jack with personal vehicles...

*!Ken's Wife!*
07-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Had a good trip to Cottonwood (our regular spot) last weekend except for the rain and thunderstorms on Sunday morning which caused large washouts on the two lane road - the only road - to and from Cottonwood.
Driving home Sunday afternoon with a guy in a white Suburban towing a wakeboard boat behind me. I'm taking it slowly over the washouts so as not to throw rocks all over my Tahoe or the guy behind me in the Suburban. Guess the guy got impatient and decides to pass me (quickly) while we are on a washout, flips us off as he drives by and causes a bunch of rocks and dust to hit my car. Actually a little comical to see his boat bouncing on the trailer and his wakebord tower shaking back and forth as he hit the ruts.
I catch up to him in Searchlight where he is pulled over and sees me. I slow down to ask him what his problem is and he comes to the passenger side of the car (where my girlfriend is sitting) and starts yelling for me to get out of the car. Not wanting her to get hurt, I drive away and he kicks the side of my Tahoe as I do. I circled around to speak with a cop who was around the corner, but the guy sees me doing so and takes off before the cop (who should have made more of an effort) can do anything.
In my opinion, guys like this have caused the river to degrade. I'm not much of the fighting sort, but I used to be in law enforcement myself. Had my girlfriend not been present and vulnerable, I would have certainly complied with his request to get out of the car. It's just sad to see people like this out there. Like Glamis, the 5% of bad people ruin it for the 95% of good people. In any case, I'm at Cottonwood all the time and I'll be waiting to see him again. What a jackass.....
-Joe
One person always messes it up for everybody!! A$$holes I tell ya!! And you are so right about Glamis also......my best friends Mom died out there. A kid Drunk (of course) riding his bike hit her head on and killed her. I remember when it was very family orientated and now it's a bunch of idiots WITHOUT bikes just out there to get trashed and cause problems.
Sorry to hear about it though....will anything be done about your truck?

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2005, 12:07 PM
the 5% of bad people ruin it for the 95% of good people.
EXACTLY! And unfortunately, those 5% seem to have the phuck you, it's a big lake, go somewhere else mentality when confronted about what it is they are doing. Direct result of the degradation of society as a whole, IMHO.

Wizard29
07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
He caught it on the rear fender. The metal is angular there, so it is a little stronger than a flat panel. There is a small dent. As far as doing something about it, if I see him there again, I will find out who he is and see about a vandalism arrest.
-Joe

Wonderboy
07-28-2005, 12:09 PM
One person always messes it up for everybody!! A$$holes I tell ya!! And you are so right about Glamis also......my best friends Mom died out there. A kid Drunk (of course) riding his bike hit her head on and killed her. I remember when it was very family orientated and now it's a bunch of idiots WITHOUT bikes just out there to get trashed and cause problems.
OMG! That sucks! Well thanks to the a$$holes we're not allowed to do anything there anymore like go to Comp :burningm: . But it does seem to be flushing out all the idiots that were going there.

*!Ken's Wife!*
07-28-2005, 12:12 PM
OMG! That sucks! Well thanks to the a$$holes we're not allowed to do anything there anymore like go to Comp :burningm: . But it does seem to be flushing out all the idiots that were going there.
True!! Not as much as I would like, but yea! And now that you have a fee helps a lot too!!

MOBrien
07-28-2005, 12:15 PM
sometimes? shiat, there are so many idiots that are financing rollbar boats on 20 year terms.....and have never had a boat before, nor have any boating experience that would educate them on proper manners when launching, driving, rafting, retrieving, and trailering their boats. Bottom line, "real" boaters like us seem to be a dying breed and we're becoming outnumbered by the fockheads that have no biz being on the water and are ruining it for everyone.
This kinda shit pisses me off. What a focken a-hole. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-28-2005, 12:25 PM
Every year, it's "Trouble at the river" all over again! :D

Mrs Luvnlife
07-28-2005, 12:33 PM
-Joe
Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, there are more 'bad' then 'good' out there anymore and it ain't gettin any better! :( We encountered a real a$$ as we were leaving Naci a couple weekends ago. The roads in/out are all 2 lanes and we had our toter, pulling our boat and we pulled over at EVERY 'pullout' possible and on our exit trip out of there, just as we got in to town...some a-hole pulls up next to us screaming and hollering at us and as we realize he's cussing us out he proceeds to pull in front of us once the light turned green (mind you he was in a 'right turn only' lane) :hammer2: . P.O.S. low life with his piece of crap boat as he's flipping us off......:burningm: . He got on the freeway in a real hurry after he got it all out of his system!!!

syke-o
07-28-2005, 12:48 PM
sorry abouth that.. but you have more patience than me my friend.. once he kicked the truck it would be on.... :hammer2:

Captain Dan
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Some of those "Roll bar" boaters (not all) are the freestyle motocross riders of the lake. They don't lend much to the credibility of the sport or the activity - twenty and thirty somethings that don't give a crap about anybody else or their families - tatted out - sucking on a bottle of JD at the sandbar and driving drunk back the channel while blasting distorted crap music out of their roll bar mounted crap speakers.
We've all seen them....
Apparently they have the same lack of respect on the road.

jayd_jr
07-28-2005, 01:05 PM
-Joe
Just get the plate # and as many details as you can. I will pass it on to my neighbors dad He is a judge in the area and lives in searchlight. I can help make the guy pay for what he has done. What an $#@ hole
Jay

Wizard29
07-28-2005, 01:13 PM
sorry abouth that.. but you have more patience than me my friend.. once he kicked the truck it would be on.... :hammer2:
Yeah, but while I'm giving him some facial reconstruction, all I need is his buddies dragging my girlfriend out of my truck and giving her a hard time. Sometimes some discretion, patience, and research yields the best results in the future.
He is lucky I didn't shoot him though.....
-Joe

BROADMINDED
07-28-2005, 01:27 PM
Every Once In A While We Do Get Our Revenge Though. About 3 Years Ago We Were On Rice Road Coming From Parker And I Got Passed By Someone Pulling Some Lake Lice. Guy Was A Real Idiot Probably Doing 75 As He Passed Me And I Could See He Was Giving Some Lip. About 10 Miles Later I See He Got Pulled Over By The Chp. I Start Laughing Saying Finally Someone Ticketed A Lake Lice. He Passed Me Again Just Before Chirico Summit Haulin A$$ Again. As I Get To The Bottom Of The Hill Were The 111 And The 10 Meet, The Same Guy Is Pulled Over Again. Some People Just Dont Learn There Lesson. That Topped Off A Great Weekend.

pixilatedpussy
07-28-2005, 01:37 PM
-Joe
I agree! And yes the same thing is happening in Glamis!!!!! These wannabe dorks need to grow up! or get out!!!

Wizard29
07-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Just get the plate # and as many details as you can. I will pass it on to my neighbors dad He is a judge in the area and lives in searchlight. I can help make the guy pay for what he has done. What an $#@ hole
Jay
Thanks, Jay. That contact may prove to be very handy.
I don't know if this guy is a regular there, but if he is, I will see him again.
-Joe

Ziggy
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
Societies lack of patience and respect is long gone......way too many people are only concerned about one thing anymore and it ain't a positive thing.
How many more generations before we become extinct?
Real sad :redface: