PDA

View Full Version : Hot Butt

Dogballs
07-28-2005, 03:00 PM
Why don't some peeps put some money together and start a magazine that covers classic and hot rod boats? Kinda like a Easy Rider mag that covers Jets, v-drives etc. There are many versions of Hot Rod Magazine and I am tired of reading the last 10 pages of hb because this is the only section that interests me.

Jake W2
07-28-2005, 03:03 PM
Yea they should you gona pitch in?
I will take a 5 year subscription.
Jake

azgfboatgirl
07-28-2005, 03:05 PM
Why don't some peeps put some money together and start a magazine that covers classic and hot rod boats? Kinda like a Easy Rider mag that covers Jets, v-drives etc. There are many versions of Hot Rod Magazine and I am tired of reading the last 10 pages of hb because this is the only section that interests me.
How much money are you going to contribute? :rollside:

Dogballs
07-28-2005, 03:09 PM
How much money are you going to contribute? :rollside:
I would be the topless model manager, we will get one of the other magazine company's to fund the idea or some investors.

azgfboatgirl
07-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I would be the topless model manager, we will get one of the other magazine company's to fund the idea or some investors.
Bet I could rack up some investors....Topless manager, huh? Sounds like an easy job.. :D

FILUCKY
07-28-2005, 03:18 PM
I agree with the last ten pages or so of HB mag, but if you want to see cool stuff load up the truck and hit the nearest boat drags!

aslack99
07-28-2005, 03:20 PM
I wholeheartedly agree!! :D :D

Captain no fun
07-28-2005, 03:29 PM
At least all of our boats are different, and carry the owners' own interpretation of how things should be. It'd be cool, but takes a little coin. :cool:

Dogballs
07-28-2005, 03:32 PM
I agree with the last ten pages or so of HB mag, but if you want to see cool stuff load up the truck and hit the nearest boat drags!
Filucky, the Drags would be covered in the mag and they could promote each other.

dmontzsta
07-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Mike and Travis have alot of experience, maybe they can start it with all their spare time. :D

Sportin' Wood
07-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Been wondering about that for years. what kinda add space could you sell? I would guess thats where the coin is at. Would be nice for sure.
I would guess its easier to just rehash the same crap and change the pics.
Great boat great boat greatboatgreatboatgreatboatgreatboat.

Dogballs
07-28-2005, 05:11 PM
Been wondering about that for years. what kinda add space could you sell? I would guess thats where the coin is at. Would be nice for sure.
I would guess its easier to just rehash the same crap and change the pics.
Great boat great boat greatboatgreatboatgreatboatgreatboat.
Add space would support the mag and who spends more money on their boats than people with classics and high performance jets. I know I have had 3 motors built in 7 years and spent my left nut on this hobbie. I think it would be cool if someone ran with this idea.

Cs19
07-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Im all over it. Riverrod magazine.

maxwedge
07-29-2005, 12:06 AM
I personally would like to see more budget tech related articles that aren't about expensive bolt on parts. What ever happened to Hot Boat featuring home brewed ingenuity.
I think we need articles like... "Smelt Your Own Droop Snoot Using Empty Beer Cans"
Or maybe I just need to get some of that AZ real estate money.

Jet City
07-29-2005, 12:42 AM
Because then Lawyers and Veep's would buy up all the desirable old flatties, shhhh Arlen Ness (now Jesse James) doesn't need to know about V-drives!

86apache
07-29-2005, 05:25 AM
Me and a friend is working on getting a mag. together for Jet boats just takes time and money. Hopefully soon. Mrs. 86 Apache

superdave013
07-29-2005, 05:40 AM
Add space would support the mag and who spends more money on their boats than people with classics and high performance jets. I know I have had 3 motors built in 7 years and spent my left nut on this hobbie. I think it would be cool if someone ran with this idea.
I bet bass fisheman spend more on boating then jets and v drives combined.
And as fas as the performance market goes the I/O and outboard markets are where it's at now days. At least that's were the big bucks are spent.
With all that said, I too would love to see someone run with the idea. But they better do it for love, not for the money.
There are some small ones. Kimbo does the "v drive reporter" and I know the Classic V Drive Club of America has a news letter.
Do you guys know of any small diddys that caters to jets or small hot boats in general?
Oh, I'd like to see Roostwear get invloved in something like this. Donno why I'm pitchin his name out there other then I know he'd do it for the love.

superdave013
07-29-2005, 05:41 AM
Ms 86, sounds great!

jpeaston
07-29-2005, 08:50 PM
can we name it...
Muscleboats

Sportin' Wood
07-30-2005, 06:02 AM
I bet bass fisheman spend more on boating then jets and v drives combined.
And as fas as the performance market goes the I/O and outboard markets are where it's at now days. At least that's were the big bucks are spent.
With all that said, I too would love to see someone run with the idea. But they better do it for love, not for the money.
There are some small ones. Kimbo does the "v drive reporter" and I know the Classic V Drive Club of America has a news letter.
Do you guys know of any small diddys that caters to jets or small hot boats in general?
Oh, I'd like to see Roostwear get invloved in something like this. Donno why I'm pitchin his name out there other then I know he'd do it for the love.
I Agree, I know a guy that tried to do this for Rock crawling, After two issues they went bust.

86apache
07-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Yes, but we are talking about JET BOATS not rock climbing :p and as far as a name Lake Racers

Dogballs
07-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Yes, but we are talking about JET BOATS not rock climbing :p and as far as a name Lake Racers
Yah, don't forget about the topless chicks like easy rider magazine. This would ensure the mags success.

Sportin' Wood
07-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Rock crawling...as in something like this.
http://home.mchsi.com/~angieknoll/libertyTDS.jpg
I see it as being the same market( pretty close), Lots of home built stuff. same kinda people are into it (gearheads) Just saying, IMHO the ad market looks alittle weak when you compare to what Hot Boat sells for ad space. I'm not into that line of work but it seems you gotta get top dollar for ad's to make it work.
I would by all means love to see that kinda mag, or more of the older boats in HB. Almost anyone can sign for a nice boat but an old boat that is tricked out or restored does it for me.

86apache
07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
Sorry, my mistake That's a cool picture :shift: The mag will be of older boats and the boater's own thoughts of their boat and what they did to it.
Mrs. 86Apache