PDA

View Full Version : Parker Dam Crossing Restrictions?

LUVNLIFE
07-28-2005, 07:15 PM
I can't remember the details, but what are the restrictions for crossing Parker Dam. As in times, trailers and RVs. Thanks in advance. Cale

TCHB
07-28-2005, 07:24 PM
They close the dam at around 10PM.
You can not pull a trailer over the dam becuase of concrete barriers and I am not sure if a motor home will fit.

LUVNLIFE
07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Well so what you are saying is a 33' moho with a 27' boat prob will not be able to cross the dam :idea: :( :D

Daytona100
07-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Dont bother its way to narrow. If your pulling anything big and someone is comeing the other way your screwed. Doesnt take much longer to go thru parker. Stop get some gas a couple drinks enjoy yourself. :rollside:

Riverkid
07-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Prob.
Looks like you're seeing the sites in downtown Parker...

LUVNLIFE
07-28-2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks guys, I'll take your advice. Stop, have lunch and an ice cold one. :D :D

riverbound
07-28-2005, 07:31 PM
There is no way you would be able to get a motorhome through the barriers. We drove our truck through their without the trailer on it and ended up taking out one of the sides.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/681freightliner-med.jpg

Boatcop
07-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Trailers, Motorhomes, & anything bigger than a Pick-up or SUV aren't allowed to cross.
Not just because they won't fit, but by Federal Regulation. The Dam is manned by Security whenever it's open, so it's not a good idea to try and get away with it, even if you think you CAN fit.
The Dam's closed to all traffic from 11:00 PM till 5:00 AM. Gated off and barricaded.

LUVNLIFE
07-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Then I def won't make it because I have an FL70 toterhome, no way do I want to chance that.

LUVNLIFE
07-28-2005, 07:36 PM
Trailers, Motorhomes, & anything bigger than a Pick-up or SUV aren't allowed to cross.
Not just because they won't fit, but by Federal Regulation. The Dam is manned by Security whenever it's open, so it's not a good idea to try and get away with it, even if you think you CAN fit.
The Dam's closed to all traffic from 11:00 PM till 5:00 AM. Gated off and barricaded.
Oh and I guess this would be the real reason. Hard to start a wek at the river by getting arrested :D :D

JETEATER
07-29-2005, 04:18 PM
Have a great week cale
Wish we were out there with you.
Pulling motor out and chexing oilpump bypass
trying to find out why i have no oil :cry: press

riverroyal
07-29-2005, 04:28 PM
stuck on the dam,I will swing by,give you a push

Mrs Luvnlife
07-29-2005, 05:31 PM
stuck on the dam,I will swing by,give you a push
We WON'T get stuck on the dam :devil: :D ......I really like the peeps that suggested stopping for drinks along the way :) ....that's all me, we'll find a way to get there :D :D.....be ready for your beverage when we see ya :2purples: :D :D .

riverroyal
07-29-2005, 05:34 PM
drive safe,vacation starts when you start the truck,not after hauling ass through california,,,,,,,,see ya,,,,,,wait,do you have some spray bottles for the cleaner?,,,its in jugs style bottles now

Mrs Luvnlife
07-29-2005, 05:39 PM
drive safe,vacation starts when you start the truck,not after hauling ass through california,,,,,,,,see ya,,,,,,wait,do you have some spray bottles for the cleaner?,,,its in jugs style bottles now
Ahhhh....you're better than I thought you were :D , I'll grab some spray bottles pronto!! Thanks ;) , that already relaxed me....I forget vacation starts as you pull away from the house, not once you get there :hammer2: !! I need to remember that!! Thanks again...we'll be safe...and you too....we'll see ya out there!! :) :)

riverroyal
07-29-2005, 05:44 PM
:smile:

Paul65k
07-29-2005, 08:48 PM
This stuff started right after 9-11.
As previously mentioned it is a federal regulation so unless you want to spend some "quality time" getting to know the Homeland Security types you'd probably be better off crossing the bridge in Parker or coming up the CA side based on where you're coming from.
Definately no trailers or Motorhomes of any kind.........after all you might be carrying a load of something that could spoil the water supply or blow the damn or something........they seem to be taking this pretty seriously! :rollside: