PDA

View Full Version : Poker Run start? Whats the problem?

frdvschvy
05-04-2006, 07:42 AM
Several people have been bitching about the start/flag drop at the Poker Run last weekend. Some have said the flag drop was not fair because team CRC was so far in front of everybody else. Is it just me, or does this picture tell a different story?
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l7391.jpg

OnlyMoney
05-04-2006, 07:53 AM
VERY good point. Some people just have to stir the pot and make excuses. :argue: That's why we were out there all alone between people, not even trying to race. Wait, I forgot. It's not a race. :rolleyes:
I have to admit it was nice to be in the 3rd group and not have ANY traffic...except for the occasional lake lice trying to get out of the way.

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Thats a bitchen picture!!!

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 07:58 AM
Several people have been bitching about the start/flag drop at the Poker Run last weekend. Some have said the flag drop was not fair because team CRC was so far in front of everybody else. Is it just me, or does this picture tell a different story?
Cool picture, you can almost see me in the dust (I mean roost) :) That must have been right as we rounded the turn in front of site six?
From where I was, I couldn't see the flag, nor could I even get up even with the pace boat because I got boxed in. No big deal, I had fun! :cool:

pjones
05-04-2006, 08:00 AM
About what kind of speed are these boats doing in this shot?

Mrs.Killer
05-04-2006, 08:01 AM
Cool picture, you can almost see me in the dust (I mean roost) :) That must have been right as we rounded the turn in front of site six?
From where I was, I couldn't see the flag, nor could I even get up even with the pace boat because I got boxed in. No big deal, I had fun! :cool:
Thats what it's all about, having fun :)

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:01 AM
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l7384.jpg
This picture is more like what happened,except he pulled away farther then dropped the flag.

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:02 AM
Thats what it's all about, having fun :)
And fun it was!

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Check out this video (http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/kroozin_ds_1.wmv) and you'll see the problem.
1. How the hell are you supposed to see the flag (unless you are in a helecopter)?
2. Why give it to CRC? Isn't that like giving the start gun to Carl Lewis?
The only way we knew the flag had dropped was CRC was on the gas, and a loooong way out front.
Like Dan said, we had fun- it's not a race.

Jbb
05-04-2006, 08:05 AM
looks like you were steering with your knees....or something... :D

Jbb
05-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Check out this video (http://www.highperformancecars.com/hhangin/kroozin_ds_1.wmv) and you'll see the problem.
1. How the hell are you supposed to see the flag (unless you are in a helecopter)?
The only way we knew the flag had dropped was CRC was on the gas, and a loooong way out front.
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race

frdvschvy
05-04-2006, 08:08 AM
I see your point about the flag only being visible from a helicopter, and about giving CRC the start flag.

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Just for the record...Carl Lewis was haul'n ass that day.

Jbb
Is there a fireboat on that lake......water cannons from a fireboat make a easily visible start

frdvschvy
looks like you were steering with your knees....or something... :D
Thought I saw a beer bong in his hands as well. Must have missed the drivers saftey meeting :)

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:11 AM
I see your point about the flag only being visible from a helicopter, and about giving CRC the start flag.
The guys who should be pissed are Danger Zone, Nashville Catz...etc. Where are they? Back in the channel- CRC apparently didn't want to wait for them to get out of the 5MPH zone.
But it's not a race.

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:12 AM
Thought I saw a beer bong in his hands as well. Must have missed the drivers saftey meeting :)
No,he was at the meeting...passed out but he was there. :)

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Even if he had a football field lead in the next pic we don't see when the flag dropped and then rest got on the gas, its does not matter cause he had a half mile lead at the end....:)
Seems like most have switched from Coolaid to SkaterAid these days...CRC continued to pull a larger lead throughout the race, just not the beginning...

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 08:19 AM
About what kind of speed are these boats doing in this shot?
Not exactly sure, I was on the gas trying to catch up, because they were all on plane before I hit the buoy. I tried to go wide, but had some pesky DCB on my outside....lol
Got to hand it to that DCB though, he was on the gas hard all the way down there. ("Clear Image", I think)
Probably 80mph, if I had to guess.

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 08:22 AM
The guys who should be pissed are Danger Zone, Nashville Catz...etc. Where are they? Back in the channel- CRC apparently didn't want to wait for them to get out of the 5MPH zone.
But it's not a race.
Poker Runs are positioning....Predator, Gibby and the other Skaters did not have a problem keeping up with the Peloton....maybe the Nortech's knew they did not have a chance so they just wanted to layback....

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:23 AM
Seems like most have switched from Coolaid to SkaterAid these days...CRC continued to pull a larger lead throughout the race, just not the beginning...
LMAO.....

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Poker Runs are positioning....Predator, Gibby and the other Skaters did not have a problem keeping up with the Peloton....maybe the Nortech's knew they did not have a chance so they just wanted to layback....
The only problem with that is it was luck of the draw as we all tried to get through that little channel opening while idling.
Maybe those Nor-Techs even idle slower?
:cry:

unleashed
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Not exactly sure, I was on the gas trying to catch up, because they were all on plane before I hit the buoy. I tried to go wide, but had some pesky DCB on my outside....lol
Got to hand it to that DCB though, he was on the gas hard all the way down there. ("Clear Image", I think)
No it was 90mph! LOL
No biggie...it wasnt the best start but the run was still fun. We actually were near the front so it was even more fun. Next year I think they should try the old style of start from the nautical with a limit of 20 boats again than drop the flag around Copper cyn after the bend. Oh and CRC had the flag cause its safer to have a boat of this calibur dropping the flag than say some V-bottom that can't get out of the way like back in the old days!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 08:29 AM
Maybe those Nor-Techs even idle slower?
They do...at least Blings did!:)

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Oh and CRC had the flag cause its safer to have a boat of this calibur dropping the flag than say some V-bottom that can't get out of the way like back in the old days!
Deano
Yeah, like slow Pallett...(cough), I mean Hallett :)

pjones
05-04-2006, 08:31 AM
Well it looks like a real kick in the pants.....
One of these days I hope to be able to come and experience it in person.

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
BTW.....That is a bitchen pic....I love the pics of the start....lots of $$ in pleasure hardware...

unleashed
05-04-2006, 08:35 AM
For the record we couldnt see the flag drop either. All we saw was CRC taking off like a bat out of hell! We all were on the headphones and were like I guess this is the start. There was some guy in a nortech...not part of the run that was hot dogging it and screwed up our line at the start. Not sure what he was trying to prove but he screwed up our run at the beginning. Please dont constue this as bitching...just idle chit-chat! :p
Deano

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 08:37 AM
For the record we couldnt see the flag drop either. All we saw was CRC taking off like a bat out of hell! We all were on the headphones and were like I guess this is the start. There was some guy in a nortech...not part of the run that was hot dogging it and screwed up our line at the start. Not sure what he was trying to prove but he screwed up our run at the beginning. Please dont constue this as bitching...just idle chit-chat! :p
Deano
just quit your idle bitching already.... :p :)
BTW, cool video you made Deano!! :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:39 AM
They do...at least Blings did!:)
It probably porpoised too bad to idle any quicker. :cry:
There was some guy in a nortech...not part of the run that was hot dogging it and screwed up our line at the start. Not sure what he was trying to prove but he screwed up our run at the beginning.
"Pimpin Kitty" wasn't very "pimp" that day.

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Yellow Nortech=Fringe boater
Big dollar boat but didnt pay to be in the poker run! BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 08:42 AM
I thought they were going to shoot those damn fringe boaters... :p :p

unleashed
05-04-2006, 08:47 AM
It probably porpoised too bad to idle any quicker. :cry:
Is that who that was.....They are actually nice people maybe they thought you didnt have to pay for the poker run?? :rolleyes:
Deano

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
I thought they were going to shoot those damn fringe boaters... :p :p
So you were awake for the driver's meeting?
:messedup:

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 08:53 AM
Drunk but awake. :p

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 08:56 AM
No, but someone told me that's what was said... :p
I slowed down at Copper Canyon.. :cool:
Where's the video of the woderful driver in front of us? :p

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 08:57 AM
Drunk but awake. :p
"People on ludes, should not drive".... :p

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 08:59 AM
I didn't want to put it up yet...
...it does look like he needs some spacers, though.
:idea:

Jrocket
All over the place Spectre?

Magic34
Yeah, like slow Pallett...(cough), I mean Hallett :)
I saw the IMCO Hallett at idle heading back to the Nautical area. Was the IMCO Hallet supposed to do it? Did they break so they were unable to do the start as in the past?

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 09:05 AM
I didn't want to put it up yet...
...it does look like he needs some spacers, though.
:idea:
Spacers....??!!? Wouldn't that be the Skater to our left with a certain driver in it? lol :p (I probably shouldn't go there :rollside: )

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Spacers....??!!? Wouldn't that be the Skater to our left with a certain driver in it? lol :p (I probably shouldn't go there :rollside: )
No...I believe that was the *cough cough* Eliminator...that crossed in front of you at Copper Canyon...
:boxingguy

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Thats no way to talk about Kojack like that....LOL

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Thats no way to talk about Kojack like that....LOL
you guys are going to get me into trouble again :cry: :p
of course, HH (Hymen Hater) had to quote me so I can't delete it :p

Big Warlock
05-04-2006, 09:36 AM
So the pics from the copter are out? Anyone know where to find them?
I also no video or pics of those big boats passing the Donzi's! Oh yea, we were like in the 8th heat!!! :cool:

Charley
05-04-2006, 09:39 AM
I gotta say judging from the video and the picture it seemed reasonably fair... I mean you guys all knew who had the flag, whether you could actually see a physical flag drop or not, is almost pointless....were you not able to stay 100'-ish of behind him from the start? I mean even if the flag is still flying and hes running 120mph wouldnt you guys be chasing him 100' deep @ 120?.... That said If anyone was closer to CRC at the end of the first Card stop than the were from the start of the run then they might have a point, otherwise give defrees his credit. Just my humble opinion...
As far as the choice of who should have had the flag... I dunno on one side maybe it should have been a boat everyone could pass. I'm guessing maybe the organizers picked a race boat with a race driver with all the state of the art safety gear that "pssibly" nobody could catch.... I personally think it should be broken down into 20mph top speed increments with a maximum of 15 per pack, staggered maybe 5 minutes apart.
Anyways , nice pics, vids thanks for posting

unleashed
05-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I gotta say judging from the video and the picture it seemed reasonably fair... I mean you guys all knew who had the flag, whether you could actually see a physical flag drop or not, is almost pointless....were you not able to stay 100'-ish of behind him from the start? I mean even if the flag is still flying and hes running 120mph wouldnt you guys be chasing him 100' deep @ 120?.... That said If anyone was closer to CRC at the end of the first Card stop than the were from the start of the run then they might have a point, otherwise give defrees his credit. Just my humble opinion...
As far as the choice of who should have had the flag... I dunno on one side maybe it should have been a boat everyone could pass. I'm guessing maybe the organizers picked a race boat with a race driver with all the state of the art safety gear that "pssibly" nobody could catch.... I personally think it should be broken down into 20mph top speed increments with a maximum of 15 per pack, staggered maybe 5 minutes apart.
Anyways , nice pics, vids thanks for posting
Well according to on-lookers you barely know how to mauneuver your boat so we dont need any professional advice from you! :p
Deano

mbrown2
05-04-2006, 09:49 AM
[QUOTE=unleashed]Well according to on-lookers you barely know how to mauneuver your boat so we dont need any professional advice from you! :p
[QUOTE]
LMAO....that's what broke the viper....all those rudementerary navigational manuvers.....loaded up and croaked...:)

Phat Matt
05-04-2006, 09:51 AM
What about using a flare gun instead of a yellow flag on a yellow boat?

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 09:59 AM
LMAO....that's what broke the viper....all those rudementerary navigational manuvers.....loaded up and croaked...:)
All that nut-swinging must have sent the DCB/Ill-more package right over the edge?

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm guessing maybe the organizers picked a race boat with a race driver with all the state of the art safety gear that "pssibly" nobody could catch....
If you think that a smaller, lighter boat with more HP can't pass CRC...then you are living in a dream world.
Then again, you do own a DCB.

Charley
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Well according to on-lookers you barely know how to mauneuver your boat so we dont need any professional advice from you! :p
Deano
hahaha I manuevered fine, just couldnt wave too... btw ya great job on the headset in the backseat... :cry:
If you think that a smaller, lighter boat with more HP can't pass CRC...then you are living in a dream world.
Then again, you do own a DCB.
ya DCB's are pretty dreamy! btw how is krylon working on that surface rust of the cig? Apparently the smell from hanging off Kroozins nutsack has you lightheaded....the real question is you were both lighter and more horsepower... why couldn't you pass?
:220v: :)

KROOZIN
05-04-2006, 10:22 AM
hahaha I manuevered fine, just couldnt wave too... btw ya great job on the headset in the backseat... :cry:
ya DCB's are pretty dreamy! btw how is krylon working on that surface rust of the cig? Apparently the smell from hanging off Kroozins nutsack has you lightheaded....the real question is you were both lighter and more horsepower... why couldn't you pass?
:220v: :)
Charley, CRC hauls arse, no doubt about it. We're just all talkin smack :p
BTW, I couldn't pass, cause I had some guy swervin back in forth in front of me.....and of course I'm all about safety :cool:

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 10:23 AM
ya DCB's are pretty dreamy!
I'd say more like a "nightmare". $450K for a 32' boat with stock Ill-Mores? That is a nightmare that is tough to wake up from.
the real question is you were both lighter and more horsepower... why couldn't you pass?
As you can see by the video...yer boy had to CHEAT. But that's OK...it's not a race. It's all about having a good time (unless you own a DCB...then you have to limp around on one motor and think about that 50% depreciation hit you just took by putting it in the water).

C-2
05-04-2006, 10:28 AM
I saw the IMCO Hallett at idle heading back to the Nautical area. Was the IMCO Hallet supposed to do it? Did they break so they were unable to do the start as in the past?
Yup
I spoke with Fred on Friday - he was pretty excited, but the gremlins got him too. Burt said they had tuning problems on the diesels..something about a bunch of black smoke.

Charley
05-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Charley, CRC hauls arse, no doubt about it. We're just all talkin smack :p
BTW, I couldn't pass, cause I had some guy swervin back in forth in front of me.....and of course I'm all about safety :cool:
how in the hell did you avoid with with no hands on the wheel...I'm impressed!
I'd say more like a "nightmare". $450K for a 32' boat with stock Ill-Mores? That is a nightmare that is tough to wake up from.
If you think I paid even in the neighborhood of that number you are wrong... again
As you can see by the video...yer boy had to CHEAT. But that's OK...it's not a race.
Holy crap.... somebody call whine one one and get the moderator a wham-bulance :cry: :cry: :cry:
(unless you own a DCB...then you have to limp around on one motor and think about that 50% depreciation hit you just took by putting it in the water).
Like my last DCB I expect to sell it for more than I payed... try that with a new cig..... PS Cig's are cheaper by the case :D

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 10:43 AM
If you think I paid even in the neighborhood of that number you are wrong...
Good god, I hope you didn't pay that much. With your graphics being applied by a 5 year old, and all the sweat you accumulate on your chin from Dave's black socks...
...that boat is probably in the Commander price range.
However, it sounds like you should have went with the Commander.
Like my last DCB I expect to sell it for more than I payed...
So you're admitting ripping people off, eh? No wonder you are siding with your boy CRC!
:notam:

GRUNION
05-04-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey wasnt EVERYONE supposed to slow down by copper canyon?

callbob4homes
05-04-2006, 11:24 AM
What did Defrees do with his DCB?

Charley
05-04-2006, 11:29 AM
put 525's in it and it's for sale... it was at Windsor when i launched saturday, guys at DCB said they thought it was getting sold that day... dunno though

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 11:32 AM
He accidentally spilled some salt on it, and it melted.
I guess that's proof that it was a slug.
:D

Charley
05-04-2006, 11:34 AM
He accidentally spilled some salt on it, and it melted.
I guess that's proof that it was a slug.
high 150's a slug?? Guess that makes yer cig a superglued slug on Ether :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 11:39 AM
high 150's a slug?? Guess that makes yer cig a superglued slug on Ether :cry:
That boat would probably do high 150's only if it was dropped out of a plane, or towed by a MTI or Skater...
...backwards.

Charley
05-04-2006, 11:47 AM
That boat would probably do high 150's only if it was dropped out of a plane, or towed by a MTI or Skater...
...backwards.
its been in the upper 150's
then again you own a cig and the only thing 150's about them is that's usually how many are for sale on OSO :cry: :cry:

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 11:52 AM
its been in the upper 150's
Well...if it's been in the upper 150's, then it probably required a bunch of HP. Putting HP in a DCB makes about as much sense as putting Bravos on a 34' boat.
DCBs are not made to go fast...they are made to sit in the channel and depreciate, and they do that very well.
then again you own a cig and the only thing 150's about them is that's usually how many are for sale on OSO :cry: :cry:
That means that there are some smart boaters out there- fewer people are dumb enough to buy DCBs in the first place! :cry:

ChumpChange
05-04-2006, 11:57 AM
THIS IS SUCH AN AWESOME THREAD!!!
Thanks HH and Charlie!

Charley
05-04-2006, 12:00 PM
Thanks HH and Charlie!
LOL... my pleasure.... whos winning??:D

acatitude
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Thanks HH and Charlie!
ow and by the way i was checking spam just for shits and giggles.
for sale 3 dcb
0 cig

Freak
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
No kidding. The smack talk is great entertainment. :argue:

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 12:06 PM
No kidding. The smack talk is great entertainment. :argue:
He's just mad because I kicked his ass in golf...
...then I just kicked his ass.

Charley
05-04-2006, 12:08 PM
ow and by the way i was checking spam just for shits and giggles.
for sale 3 dcb
0 cig
102 cigs to 8 dcbs over at oso and 3 of the DCB's are brand new :D , it's no big deal i just like i just like messing with the moderators around here, especially this one he gets so emotional during that time of month :D

Charley
05-04-2006, 12:09 PM
He's just mad because I kicked his ass in golf...
...then I just kicked his ass.
LOL....true dat

Charley
05-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Ok it's been fun HH, got to go work.....just remember HH, you are to clever and wit what I am to height :)

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 12:11 PM
102 cigs to 8 dcbs over at oso and 3 of the DCB's are brand new...
DCBs are the "Bic lighter" of the boating industry. You don't sell them...you just throw them away.
How many hours do they take to expire? It depends if they are on the trailer or in the channel. Ether way, the clock is ticking...

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 12:22 PM
102 cigs to 8 dcbs over at oso and 3 of the DCB's are brand new :D , it's no big deal i just like i just like messing with the moderators around here, especially this one he gets so emotional during that time of month :D
Hence the name "Offshore Only".
The only time a DCB has been in the ocean is probably to give it a viking funeral. Even then it probably got more stress cracks and porpoised the whole way...

Freak
05-04-2006, 12:47 PM
DCBs are the "Bic lighter" of the boating industry. You don't sell them...you just throw them away.
How many hours do they take to expire? It depends if they are on the trailer or in the channel. Ether way, the clock is ticking...
Ohhhh...ha...ha...ha....damn I think this takes the cake. :p WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!
LOL...that some good shit right there....LOL
That's my new ciggie....

Havasu Hangin'
05-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Well, Charley had to go to work, eh?
In case you guys don't know what Charley does for a living...
...He dances around on a street corner by DCB (in black socks) swinging a big arrow sign with a picture of Dave on it.

Phat Matt
05-04-2006, 01:13 PM
Doesn't OSO stand for OFF SHORE ONLY?
Makes sense to me. :D
Sorry Charley, I had to, you left that one wide open. :)

Phat Matt
05-04-2006, 01:14 PM
The only time a DCB has been in the ocean is probably to give it a viking funeral. Even then it probably got more stress cracks and porpoised the whole way...
Dammit, I could read ahead after I read Charley's. :)

Jrocket
05-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Looks like Charley struck a serious nerve in ol HH. :)

callbob4homes
05-04-2006, 01:53 PM
put 525's in it and it's for sale... it was at Windsor when i launched saturday, guys at DCB said they thought it was getting sold that day... dunno though
Did he put the teagues in the new one?

Jordy
05-04-2006, 02:05 PM
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
it's not a race
It's not a race but the first boat to card stop #1 gets $1,500. Hmmm.... :idea: :D

Jordy
05-04-2006, 02:08 PM
Well, Charley had to go to work, eh?
In case you guys don't know what Charley does for a living...
...He dances around on a street corner by DCB (in black socks) swinging a big arrow sign with a picture of Dave on it.
Hey Charley, looks like Dave is cheating on you. :D :D :D
http://www.lakeracerllc.com/PokerRuns/spring2006/lo5l8399.jpg

soupersonic
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
HH is up 5 rounds to four
Down goes Frazier!! Down goes frazier!!!

ChumpChange
05-05-2006, 10:19 AM
It was a tossup until...............

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 10:41 AM
Oh no you didn't............... 525 hours/ 9 years old and I dare you to find a stress crack, the only problem with my DCB, besides being old and slow is the loose nut behind the wheel!
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7825/flyingdcb5uc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Chuck

Phat Matt
05-05-2006, 10:46 AM
Oh no you didn't............... 525 hours/ 9 years old and I dare you to find a stress crack, the only problem with my DCB, besides being old and slow is the loose nut behind the wheel! If you can moderate in C&T owning that big Ice Cream truck, I can at least drop in from time to time.
http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/7825/flyingdcb5uc.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Chuck
525 hours. That's awsome! :)

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
525 hours. That's awsome! :)
I'm still pretty happy with it, I'm hopin to get 1-2 more seasons out of the motor before freshening it up. I had to replace the stereo though, the damn Rockford Fosgate quit playin Cd's after a measly 9 years, knew I shoulda put an 8 track in it! I had ta edit my first post, after lookin at all the white on my boat I felt kinda wrong callin the HH tug an Ice Cream truck :rollside:
Chuck

Havasu Hangin'
05-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Oh no you didn't............... 525 hours/ 9 years old and I dare you to find a stress crack, the only problem with my DCB, besides being old and slow is the loose nut behind the wheel!
Just because you've refilled your Bic lighter, doesn't mean it's still not a Bic lighter. Maybe you should step up to a Zippo (Commander).
PS- was that boat actually laid up at DCB in El Cajon?

ChumpChange
05-05-2006, 02:12 PM
Uh Oh!!! :supp: :supp: :supp:

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 04:05 PM
Just because you've refilled your Bic lighter, doesn't mean it's still not a Bic lighter. Maybe you should step up to a Zippo (Commander).
Oh you freakin Troll, don't you even be comparing my Zippo to a Commander, it's the best cigar lighter I have, and it's way old er then my DCB!
Yup, mine was laid up by DCB in El Cajon in the old shop before they moved to their current location. I think Dave bought those molds in late 96, and mine was done in 97.
Chuck

pixilatedpussy
05-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Thats a bitchen picture!!!
I agree! I like it! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
05-05-2006, 04:14 PM
Great video! Makes me wanna ride! :rollside:

WetWillie
05-05-2006, 05:09 PM
http://www.p4a.com/item_images/medium/13/62/13-01.jpg
I looked for one with barnacles on it but couldn’t find one?? :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
05-05-2006, 05:11 PM
http://www.p4a.com/item_images/medium/13/62/13-01.jpg
I looked for one with barnacles on it but couldn’t find one?? :crossx:
A Cig is a boat that (unlike a DCB) doesn't get stress cracks when the sun hits it.
Maybe DCB should ditch the chopper gun?

Jrocket
05-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Easy up on HH,he cant take the joking around like the rest of us.

Havasu Hangin'
05-05-2006, 05:24 PM
Easy up on HH,he cant take the joking around like the rest of us.
I guess the DCB owners are already used to having the joke on them?

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 06:03 PM
A Cig is a boat that (unlike a DCB) doesn't get stress cracks when the sun hits it.
Maybe DCB should ditch the chopper gun?
Chopper gun? now that's funny, speakin of boats and daylight, what was the last time the HH tug saw daylight? I see you boat biatchin on skaters alot but I haven't actually crossed pathes with your Vee hull (a mans boat even if it's not a DCB) in a long time. :) I'll tell you what, next time your out here, you finda stress crack in my prehistoric sled, and I'll buy you a good cigar not one of those cheapies I usually smoke.
Chuck :rollside:

Jrocket
05-05-2006, 06:26 PM
I guess the DCB owners are already used to having the joke on them?
Exactly what I mean...you get bent over everything,your boat for example.
You just take this stuff too personal is all.....roll with the jokes instead of staying up late every night trying to get back at somebody.

Jrocket
05-05-2006, 06:29 PM
Hey Chuck,
Have you been keeping busy with work out there?

Havasu Hangin'
05-05-2006, 07:10 PM
...speakin of boats and daylight, what was the last time the HH tug saw daylight?
Now Chuck...the ole Tugboat has been out lots of times recently. The difference is that I don't sit around in the channel like the DCB guys and think about how cool I look...I run it.
Glad to hear you can't see any stress cracks, but having them covered up by Rustoleum doesn't count.
I guess having the "Covertable Bug" of boats keeps you guys from running in the real water, eh?

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 07:37 PM
Now Chuck...the ole Tugboat has been out lots of times recently. The difference is that I don't sit around in the channel like the DCB guys and think about how cool I look...I run it.
Glad to hear you can't see any stress cracks, but having them covered up by Rustoleum doesn't count.
I guess having the "Covertable Bug" of boats keeps you guys from running in the real water, eh?
Convertible Bug ? dude you are killin me here, but yes I got no reason to run water any bigger or rougher then Havasu on poker run weekend, and really haven't got alot of business doing that in my 22'. I'm glad to hear you get the HH tug out once in a while I guess if my 22' is the convertible bug then you drive the Mack truck of boats (not an entirely dubious honor either). I better go, I'm trying to take the boat out sunday an I need another coat of rustoleum on the hull. :220v:
Chuck

XTRM22
05-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Hey Chuck,
Have you been keeping busy with work out there?
I've been slow/steady with small jobs, but haven't been chasing work much cause I have a 12 unit condo project coming out of the ground with a couple of partners from the Tucson days. Once we're framing there, I'll be busy runnin that job and couple specs I'm startin through the rest of this year. Your daughter will probably be in college by the time we work out re doing the bathroom at your place but if things slow down I might be workin for food and gas money.......(come to think of it that's about all I'm doing now) :crossx:
Chuck

Jrocket
05-05-2006, 08:00 PM
I've been slow/steady with small jobs, but haven't been chasing work much cause I have a 12 unit condo project coming out of the ground with a couple of partners from the Tucson days. Once we're framing there, I'll be busy runnin that job and couple specs I'm startin through the rest of this year. Your daughter will probably be in college by the time we work out re doing the bathroom at your place but if things slow down I might be workin for food and gas money.......(come to think of it that's about all I'm doing now) :crossx:
Chuck
Glad to hear your busy.If things get slow,just get a hold of me and I'll have you come out here and do some remodeling for me.Whenever your ready you have some work here if you want it.

Wake Havasu
05-06-2006, 12:30 AM
No...I believe that was the *cough cough* Eliminator...that crossed in front of you at Copper Canyon...
:boxingguy
I was the Saftey Boat at Copper Cnyn and on one of my kids digital camera is a couple picitures of the boat that crossed.
I will find it. It may be on the boat which I keep at the Anchor Inn at PArker.
Next time they should give us Glocks to help prevent this.