PDA

View Full Version : Wood repair and glassing.

07-29-2005, 01:05 AM
I'm doing a bow eye repair (new wood backing and bulkhead removal and replacement) on a mini day this week. Anyone interested in pics and a tech article?

Rev. Williams
08-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Very Interested. Any Tips Will Help Bigamist Re-do The Stringers And Bulkhead In My Boat...
Goodluck, Biggy has retired from glassy!!! :D :D

Some Kind Of Monster
10-17-2005, 02:29 PM
I had to redoo my bow hook as well. Good luck getting in there to tighten the bolts down depending on what type of boat you have. I had to pay theneighbor kid to get in there and tighten mine down!

TRG
10-17-2005, 08:08 PM
smart kid!...what'd you offer him??

Mighty Thor
10-17-2005, 10:18 PM
Just a reminder, you can get extensions for your sockets that are 4 feet long or more. IE: if you can see it you can get a socket on it. Course that doesn't help with the wood or the glass.

Some Kind Of Monster
10-31-2005, 06:22 PM
I gave him $5..... Yeah im cheap. A 4ft extension wont help you get the nut on the bolt either!!!

JAY4SPEED
11-04-2005, 02:26 PM
I'm doing a bow eye repair (new wood backing and bulkhead removal and replacement) on a mini day this week. Anyone interested in pics and a tech article?
Did this project ever get done? I'm interested in the info.
Jay

01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Did this project ever get done? I'm interested in the info.
Jay
This just goes to show how seasonal I am... It's cold outside so the work stops! I finished the bow eye repair but it turned out much too small in there to get any good pictures. Unfortunately durring the process I uncovered alot of floor rot on the hull. This will need a complete repair and I figured i'd write that one up and take pics of the process. I have a partial disassembly done but have yet to cut out all of the old wood and complete it.