PDA

View Full Version : I might be getting screwed!!

Nord
07-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Nothing to complain about yet......but if Tustin Chevrolet doesn't take care of my leather seats in my new Avalanche, I am going to be very upset...
Long story short, I pointed flaws out in the leather when I bought the truck (smooth spots that were slightly raised and had big pores). Now that I took the truck back (2weeks old) and showed them one of the pores is now a hole and its happening to all the spots, the guy (won't say name yet) has the nerve to tell me if I was going to be that picky, I should have pointed them out in my final walk through. I replied that I did, he said it wasn't noted. I walked straight over to the lot manager and the guy who sold me the truck, and they said they remembered, and don't know why it wasn't noted. Anyhow, no go ahead has been given yet, and the Service guy doesn't want to do anything.
I'll let you guys know what the outcome is!!!
The nerve of the guy....He looks at the seats and tells me "I don't see anything", and calmly, I say, So and So, please look again and feel the seats, they are very obvious. He doesn't even take a second look and continues to say, you bought it as is, instead of talking with the manager first and getting the story.
So here is the kicker. They are replacing the front bumper on the truck because the plastic part had been hit by another car and had scuff on it.
They said they will replace it but its unlikely it got hit, but to keep me happy they will replace it.
I am pulling out, and see a Dealer License plate on a black Tahoe, backed into a brand new car(not sold yet) so I took pictures (mind you this is on the lot out front and the truck is literally pushed into the car!) with my camera phone.
We will see what the outcome is and hopefully they will keep me happy
NORD OUT!!!!!!!!

pixilatedpussy
07-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Typical dealership!

barbigrl
07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Nord....you are kinda anal!! hahaha....just teasin!! That sucks! AND WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GET A NEW TRUCK????

Nord
07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Typical dealership!
I heard I will be seing you and Kris out at the sanbar next weekend!! It will be nice to meet you guys!!

riverroyal
07-29-2005, 10:34 AM
cows,my car has german cow skin,perfect,,,ha...call GM customer service,throw the dealership service manager under the bus,or tell him your calling GM

Nord
07-29-2005, 10:35 AM
Nord....you are kinda anal!! hahaha....just teasin!! That sucks! AND WHEN THE HELL DID YOU GET A NEW TRUCK????
Hey, I have never bought a brand new vehicle before and when your dropping 35,000 and writing a check to them for the full amount!! Believe me, you see flaws in the leather especially when they are obvious!
2 weeks and now a hole!!!! I don't know
I'm pretty sure they will take care of it.

barbigrl
07-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey, I have never bought a brand new vehicle before and when your dropping 35,000 and writing a check to them for the full amount!! Believe me, you see flaws in the leather especially when they are obvious!
2 weeks and now a hole!!!! I don't know
I'm pretty sure they will take care of it.
We can write a nasty letter on my law firm letterhead!!! Congrats on the new truck Nordie!

Nord
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
I will remind everyone, in the original post, they haven't wronged me yet, I'm just breezing, it is obviously on my mind and I'm a little bothered by the way the guy reacted.
No throwing anyone anywhere yet! :rollside: :rollside: :D

Kilrtoy
07-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Should have bought it from PHOTOGLOU

Nord
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
Should have bought it from PHOTOGLOU
I worked with Jay, Tustin was the only one with the truck and they wouldn't dealer trade it. Photoglue told me to go ahead and get it.
Believe me, I wish I could have bought through him he was very nice and excellent customer service!!! :smile: :smile:

lucky
07-29-2005, 10:50 AM
We can write a nasty letter on my law firm letterhead!!! Congrats on the new truck Nordie!
can you write one for me -- for my ex wife - I'm trying to regroup lost capitol as she breeched my marriage aggrement and was giving the shit away

Water Romper
07-29-2005, 10:52 AM
A new truck/car is a huge investment…you have every right to be skeptical
I would be on their ass in a heart beat… :hammerhea
A new vehicle should be perfect…
I bet they would complain if you…um, lets say….forgot to sign your check…
Stick to your guns…

Ziggy
07-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Typical dealership!
Thats a slightly broad statement sweetie---I don't treat my customers that way. :smile:
Keep after 'em Nord---they owe it to ya, especially since you pointed it out at delivery time.

LHC30Victory
07-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Tustin was the only one with the truck and they wouldn't dealer trade it. Photoglue told me to go ahead and get it.
So, Jay told you to buy THAT truck? I would be on HIS doorstep asking him for the repairs (j/k) :D :D

Kiddunot
07-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Should Of Bought A Toyota.................................no Tranny Problems, No Defects In Leather, All Around Great Truck. Just Has A Small !@#$ Engine................

PHOTOGLOU
07-29-2005, 11:59 AM
So, Jay told you to buy THAT truck? I would be on HIS doorstep asking him for the repairs (j/k) :D :D
Nord I will have it all fixed if you want and a rental car for you no charge let me know what you want to do.... Jay PHOTOGLOU 714 552 0300

jdogginla
07-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Didn't you ask for advice before you bought the truck...............and most of us told you to go to Photoglou? Jay stands behind every truck he sells! I ordered a few aftermarket parts on my truck, which were installed by him. When I got the truck one part was not the EXACT piece I wanted but it would of worked. I made mention of it passing to Jay.............two days later he sent Chris up to my work at 7:30pm and had him swap out the piece. Took Chris about 40 min drive, 30 min to install and probably another 30 to drive back home. Jay stands behind ever sale........wether it's the next day or 3 weeks later.
Good luck with your issue........hopefully they'll stand behind it.
How do you like your new Avy?

BigDoug
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
Now that is what i call "stepping up" good for you Jay.. :D

Wally_Gator
07-29-2005, 12:11 PM
That is the best way to get the dealership to NOT talk with you.
At that point in time they will start the process of severing all relations
with you and start their legal coverup.
I have seen it done..

redi4fun
07-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Nord I will have it all fixed if you want and a rental car for you no charge let me know what you want to do.... Jay PHOTOGLOU 714 552 0300
I can't wait to buy the new diesel burb from Jay when chevy gets them out.
Jay to the rescue again. :D