PDA

View Full Version : Boat Isurance

picklefork_cowboy
07-29-2005, 12:19 PM
I have a problem.About three weeks ago I hit a stump in my boat at about 80-85 mph knocked the lower unit off and busted the offshore midsection.The motor is a 1981 2.4 litre 225 it had a 2000 sportsmaster on it with a Ron Hill chopper prop.Insurance guy took a bunch of pics when I insured it.The adjuster came out about two weeks ago took pics and asked alot of questions.I showed him pics of lower unit and prop while explaining why the motor had to have a low water pic up on it.Adjuster understood I thought every thing was good.About a week later I get a call the motor is a total loss and they will pay me $1300 firm thats it.I have been trying to explain that won't even cover a used lower unit.They say that they don't cover any thing thats not factory even though the sportsmaster is a factory lower unit it didn't come factory on that motor. What should I do?I have $4500 coverage on the motor.

HavasuDreamin'
07-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I am a little confused by your post. Do you have $4,500 coverage on your motor? Are they claiming your motor is a total loss? If so, shouldn't you be getting a check for $4,500?
Are they trying to get around this by saying that they will now only cover those parts that were original to your motor? If this is the case, and they have pictures from when they initially wrote the policy that show the aftermarket gearcase, etc., then you should get $4,500.
In my opinion, I would try to get the $4,500 and buy a used, but in good shape complete motor.
Good Luck.

picklefork_cowboy
08-03-2005, 05:36 AM
Yes they are saying that the motor is a total loss and it does say that I have $4500 worth of insurance.They just say that the actual cash value is $1300.They say they will not pay a cent more.

Sleeper
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Who is your carrier????????