PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Scam....

MAINEVENT
05-04-2006, 08:20 AM
Now i love bast buy but i just scammed into 4, yes 4 subscriptions through them as "free" offer now i never check my bank acct and today i decided to look at it and i had 4 charges from rolling stone mag on my acct for 30 bucks a piece WTF best buy is taking your card number handing it out... that's bullshit just got off the phone with rolling stone they said now i have to wait 2 to 4 weeks to get my refund that sux ass... :mad:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 08:43 AM
And this is boating related how??? :D
Just messin with ya Alex. :rollside:

syke-o
05-04-2006, 08:46 AM
yeah they tried to offer me some "free" subscriptions last time i was there too.. nothing is free... :220v:

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I always decline there free offers, and not just from them, from everybody.

MAINEVENT
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
And this is boating related how??? :D
Just messin with ya Alex. :rollside:
Its cutting into my boat petro funds... hahaha :crossx:

a catered life
05-04-2006, 09:17 AM
they have been running that promo for a while now when you buy music the computer puts you in a certain class and suggest to the sales clerk to sell you what ever it chooses....got a good friend that works there and she says they are suppose to ask you if you want the free-bee and on your receipt it says you have just been punked :p

Roxysnow
05-04-2006, 09:21 AM
Best Buy/ Sports Illustrated, California
An investigation is being conducted into Best Buy business practices in its promotion of a “free” 8 week subscription to Sports Illustrated magazine. Best Buy employees are allegedly representing that customers can receive a “free” 8 week subscription to the magazine, at the point of purchase. However, most employees are allegedly failing to inform those customers that the credit or debit card used to purchase the Best Buy product(s) will automatically be charged for a full subscription to the magazine before the end of the 8 week period. Customers allegedly do not realize the automatic charge or renewal exists until after the Best Buy purchase is made, or after Sports Illustrated automatically charges the customer’s credit or debit card, at which point it is the customer’s responsibility to cancel the subscription.
I guess it\'s happening alot! Sucks!

NOTALENT
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Technically it is free....the first few issues are...but then your suppost to call in and cancel it if y ou dont want to recieve it...I was a victim as well...I just forgot to call in!!! :mad:

Dave C
05-04-2006, 09:48 AM
when someone offers me something free... I ask them "how much is it gonna cost me" LOL

Old Texan
05-04-2006, 10:21 AM
That's how I got hooked up with SI, and it's a B---- to cancel. They keep charging your credit card after you try to cancel. :rolleyes:

Hardly Satisfied
05-04-2006, 11:05 AM
:yuk:

USCFAN
05-04-2006, 11:25 AM
They had something about that on the news not to long back. What's that old saying "nothing is free".

Red Horse
05-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I really hate giving my credit card number out for anything esp automatic billing. THey will get that billing pushed thru REAL quick, but take their sweet ass time stoping it. :mad:

VEGASBABY
05-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I liked the Costco Scam better!

bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 08:48 PM
i like the cosco scam better too. i would however like to introduce my"free used masonry products"(delivered through there front window)trial offer to best buy.