PDA

View Full Version : After employee pricing??

riverracerx
07-29-2005, 02:10 PM
So what is everyone's opinion on what will happen after August 1st?
Will they extend the offer on the '05's till they are gone? They can't seriously expect to sell them at a higher price can they? Or will we see an even bigger discount on the ones still sitting in a month or two? I know all of the lots around here still have over tons '05's?
Curious??
:idea:

Nate56
07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
I heard from the great vine that Chevy is putting the discounting to an end in August.. Some how they are still losing money and ins't worth it..Personally I wouldn't be a sales guy there, because if you think of it they are taking their money that they make off the car.. The only person that is making money off that is the Chevy dealership, not the salesperson.. Thats a reason for one of my buddies working somewhere else now.. HE wasn't making the money he used to be making so he went to sell toyota's.. Go figure on that one though.. :hammerhea

meaniam
07-29-2005, 06:01 PM
i bet they go into big rebates and low %. but i dought they will do 0% on trucks suv and corvette. if they do i bet it is short term 48 months or less. proably happen in sept thru november. but im sure others on here will think im wrong. and i didnt pay any attention, working in car sales all those years. but lets see

cdog
07-29-2005, 06:08 PM
I've read on the GM insider news that they are restructuring their pricing to be cheaper than the 05's were. I can't even get a price yet on my new 06 HD Duramax but I have a build date of Aug. 15th and a delivery date of Sep. 7th. I hope the rebates are good. As of right now the 06's only have a 1k rebate.

2Driver
07-29-2005, 06:50 PM
It's the car bez, since when do the "once in a life time" deals ever stop coming one after another :) ng?

Sane Asylum
07-29-2005, 06:51 PM
I heard from the great vine
That would be GRAPE.......

77charger
07-29-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it will be extended or make a comeback.I hae heard a few times how the zero percent and cash back offers were going to end.Long before i bought my truck

ratso
07-29-2005, 07:30 PM
That would be GRAPE.......
lmao...

Boatcop
07-29-2005, 08:05 PM
I still say that Jay's the best deal on Chevy's. Another Officer on my Department was shopping for a Tahoe, I told him about Jay. He got his LT way lower than anyone else quoted "sale" price, and with the options he wanted. (Which no one else could find)
Sale or no sale, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal through anyone else.

meaniam
07-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I still say that Jay's the best deal on Chevy's. Another Officer on my Department was shopping for a Tahoe, I told him about Jay. He got his LT way lower than anyone else quoted "sale" price, and with the options he wanted. (Which no one else could find)
Sale or no sale, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal through anyone else.
jay does sound like a good resource. alot of people like him here

PHOTOGLOU
07-30-2005, 10:05 AM
Yes used car prices are suffering (SHORT TERM IMO) but when this sale goes away new car market WILL slow down alot and used car prices will rise again..... Just like the housing market..... You might have made 300k on your house but all the other house's have gone up 300k also.... my advise really is if your car right now is doing the job keep it till it won't work or you need a new on EVERY year there is something better Heck every six months there is some feature added. I WILL ADD MORE TO THIS LATER........

CARGUY
07-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I was at a General Motors meeting last monday and G.M. is going to wait and see what Ford is going to do. Ford has done well with this employee pricing in July on the trucks, and so-so on the cars. So if Ford extends, G.M. will do the same. This is from the Western Region General Manager of G.M.
As far as 05 on the ground inventories go, they are at a 10 year low!! And yes they figure all the variables in when they calculate this figure.