PDA

View Full Version : Is the heat a defence for murder???????

coolchange
07-29-2005, 05:26 PM
OK, to start this off its been over 110 in the shop since last week and sometimes hitting 115.
So are people just goin effen insane in the heat?
There was a bunch of crap last week but I'll cut to this week. Customer comes in and brings more part for his project. Boss says get with him and make sure he brought the right stuff and go over what we need to do and what else he needs to bring. Then I call over a co worker that has a ? about the proj. and then I bring over the welder to make sure the cust knows what we are gonna do. Then the foreman come over and goes ballistic." I don't have time for all you guys to be standin around bullshitin about this car when "I" have all these cars that have to be to Pebble in 3 weeks" IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER! We all sort of look at each other then wrap it up and leave. Then the next day he apolagizes to the other guys but not me. ( Thats ok, he's had a hard on for me since day 1).
A little more crap not worth mentioning goes down, then today at break this guy who tells a lot of stories starts in. Now this guy has done a lot of stuff and his stories are like(not edzackly cause I dont want to I.D. him) "When I was a sniper in Nam.... and I designed the widget that they put on the space shuttle..... and my Grandma earned her living as a proffesiional poker player til she was 83...In Panama I was a mercinary for Noreiga and went into Columbia... And we know they're all true. But today he comes off with a story equal to "I had a boutique in Venice selling hand made jewelry...." And we looked at each other and one guy says "I have to call bullshit on that one" and we bust up laughin. He gets up and walks out and so did we cuz break was over. Later he confronts me and says "what have you ever done except be a second rate carpenter and a something mechanic?" So I look at him and don't know how to take it cuz this guy is ALWAYS talkin crap and makin fun about everyone. So I let some time go by and ask him "are you really mad?" "ya I don't like bein called a liar". So I said "that wasn't the intent and I'm sorry". He looks at me and says F.U.
Can I blame it on the heat or do I just work with Assholes?
News says unseasonably hot untill October.
Great.
Dam I wonder if I should go to work tommorrow?? OK Rants over.

riverroyal
07-29-2005, 05:30 PM
the owner around?tell him to have the guy stop disrupting your productivity with his BS talk,its not work related,so you kinda have the ball in your court

mike37
07-29-2005, 05:35 PM
I say call BS on all his storys cus thats what they are
let him have a fit over it sounds like every one knows he is full of shit
maby he will quit if you keep calling BS on him
he is the asshole not you

Backfire
07-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Tell Boyd that Duane is harrassing you!

coolchange
07-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Tell Boyd that Duane is harrassing you!
No shit! They wanted to bring in some reality show, everyone said they'd quit.
Those weren't the exact stories I just wanted to change it up a little in case his friends catch wind of this and recognize him.

meaniam
07-29-2005, 05:42 PM
OK, to start this off its been over 110 in the shop since last week and sometimes hitting 115.
So are people just goin effen insane in the heat?
There was a bunch of crap last week but I'll cut to this week. Customer comes in and brings more part for his project. Boss says get with him and make sure he brought the right stuff and go over what we need to do and what else he needs to bring. Then I call over a co worker that has a ? about the proj. and then I bring over the welder to make sure the cust knows what we are gonna do. Then the foreman come over and goes ballistic." I don't have time for all you guys to be standin around bullshitin about this car when "I" have all these cars that have to be to Pebble in 3 weeks" IN FRONT OF THE CUSTOMER! We all sort of look at each other then wrap it up and leave. Then the next day he apolagizes to the other guys but not me. ( Thats ok, he's had a hard on for me since day 1).
A little more crap not worth mentioning goes down, then today at break this guy who tells a lot of stories starts in. Now this guy has done a lot of stuff and his stories are like(not edzackly cause I dont want to I.D. him) "When I was a sniper in Nam.... and I designed the widget that they put on the space shuttle..... and my Grandma earned her living as a proffesiional poker player til she was 83...In Panama I was a mercinary for Noreiga and went into Columbia... And we know they're all true. But today he comes off with a story equal to "I had a boutique in Venice selling hand made jewelry...." And we looked at each other and one guy says "I have to call bullshit on that one" and we bust up laughin. He gets up and walks out and so did we cuz break was over. Later he confronts me and says "what have you ever done except be a second rate carpenter and a something mechanic?" So I look at him and don't know how to take it cuz this guy is ALWAYS talkin crap and makin fun about everyone. So I let some time go by and ask him "are you really mad?" "ya I don't like bein called a liar". So I said "that wasn't the intent and I'm sorry". He looks at me and says F.U.
Can I blame it on the heat or do I just work with Assholes?
News says unseasonably hot untill October.
Great.
Dam I wonder if I should go to work tommorrow?? OK Rants over.
i belive in the state of texas. you can shoot your wife in a heat of passion. does that help

ratso
07-29-2005, 06:12 PM
i belive in the state of texas. you can shoot your wife in a heat of passion. does that help
...Yes. :notam: