PDA

View Full Version : So what was your contribution to "no gringo" day?

Tremor Therapy
05-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I know some of you may not agree, but too bad!
So Monday was the first day of playoffs for girls softball, and the snack bar was closed. The snack bar is run by a Mexican family that also runs a lot of the roach coaches around here, and the reason it was closed was because they were observing the "no gringo" day.
I knew this ahead of time, but last night I walked up and ordered some nacho's, a carne asada burrito, a couple of large coke's, some sunflower seeds, and a couple of Gatorade's for my daughter Nichole. Well they got everything to the counter, rang it up, and told me it would be $21.50. As I was digging in my wallet, I calmly asked the gal who runs the snack bar, "why it wasn't open on Monday?" She told me that "they were supporting the people who were protesting the illegal immigration situation."
And better than any one-liner any comedian had every delivered, I put my money back into my wallet and looked her square in the eye and said, "oh I see, well I am choosing not to support the Mexican businesses that support illegal immigration into my country," and I walked away leaving everything on the counter. I did not pay a dime, and they were speechless! I said it loud enough so that everyone in the line could hear me, and my act got 4 other people to leave the line, and couple of head nods from some of the a'holes who remained.
My 1 act may not change the world, but I have spent a lot of money in that snack bar over the season and that family knows it. So the look on her and her husbands face when I said what I said and walked away with nothing was priceless!
There are a lot of Mexican businesses that I frequent, and those that were open on Monday will continue to get my support. But there are a couple that I used to frequent that were closed......they will never see my half white-boy half Mexican ass in there again. My right as an American citizen!

Jbb
05-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Guy I work with.....farted the Mexican national anthem....

lucky
05-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Its not about race - Its about supporting your country and doing whats best for Every legal working person in the good ol USA --
good for you -- enjoy your spit laced taco at the next game :rolleyes: lmao
MY hat is off to you for supporting your country

chub
05-04-2006, 08:39 AM
I did the exact same thing in the donut shop Tuesday, classic!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-04-2006, 08:40 AM
My Nextel rep was off on monday supporting the illegals and I needed help with our account. I canned him as our rep and got a new one. It was kind of hard to do because we had a very good working relationship but it felt good to do it. He called me on tuesday to find out whats up and I asked him where he was on monday, he said supporting the illegals and I said that I am supporting legal citizens and AMERICANS and choose not to do business with someone who supports the illegals.

lucky
05-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Guy I work with.....farted the Mexican national anthem....
Brown - quit play your instrument

NOTALENT
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
My Nextel rep was off on monday supporting the illegals and I needed help with our account. I canned him as our rep and got a new one. It was kind of hard to do because we had a very good working relationship but it felt good to do it. He called me on tuesday to find out whats up and I asked him where he was on monday, he said supporting the illegals and I said that I am supporting legal citizens and AMERICANS and choose not to do business with someone who supports the illegals.
Good job Linda!!! :rollside:
I normally buy a rockstar and a breakfast burrito from our roach coach everyday.....he didnt show monday...I knew why and asked him anyways...that was his response as well....I walked away and went to costcos and bought a big case of rockstars and saved myself alot of money!!!! Wont be buying from them again.

cdog
05-04-2006, 08:46 AM
So Monday was the first day of playoffs for girls softball, and the snack bar was closed. The snack bar is run by a Mexican family that also runs a lot of the roach coaches around here, and the reason it was closed was because they were observing the "no gringo" day.
I knew this ahead of time, but last night I walked up and ordered some nacho's, a carne asada burrito, a couple of large coke's, some sunflower seeds, and a couple of Gatorade's for my daughter Nichole. Well they got everything to the counter, rang it up, and told me it would be $21.50. As I was digging in my wallet, I calmly asked the gal who runs the snack bar, "why it wasn't open on Monday?" She told me that "they were supporting the people who were protesting the illegal immigration situation."
And better than any one-liner any comedian had every delivered, I put my money back into my wallet and looked her square in the eye and said, "oh I see, well I am choosing not to support the Mexican businesses that support illegal immigration into my country," and I walked away leaving everything on the counter. I did not pay a dime, and they were speechless! I said it loud enough so that everyone in the line could hear me, and my act got 4 other people to leave the line, and couple of head nods from some of the a'holes who remained.
My 1 act may not change the world, but I have spent a lot of money in that snack bar over the season and that family knows it. So the look on her and her husbands face when I said what I said and walked away with nothing was priceless!
There are a lot of Mexican businesses that I frequent, and those that were open on Monday will continue to get my support. But there are a couple that I used to frequent that were closed......they will never see my half white-boy half Mexican ass in there again. My right as an American citizen!
Good job! I owe you a drink for that. I bought a new air compressor that day to offset the economic protest.

Tremor Therapy
05-04-2006, 08:51 AM
Its not about race - Its about supporting your country and doing whats best for Every legal working person in the good ol USA --
good for you -- enjoy your spit laced taco at the next game :rolleyes: lmao
MY hat is off to you for supporting your country
I won't ever have to worry about a spit laced taco.....they won't ever see me at that snack bar again! And, I have already contacted the softball board of directors and asked to have them removed. Once again, exercising my rights as an American citizen.

MRS FLYIN VEE
05-04-2006, 08:54 AM
I won't ever have to worry about a spit laced taco.....they won't ever see me at that snack bar again! And, I have already contacted the softball board of directors and asked to have them removed. Once again, exercising my rights as an American citizen.
thumbs up to you I agree with you 100%
when are we going to do the American walk out. There would be no traffic, no pay checks, no construction, no digging ditches etc...
I say we do it. :crossx:

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 08:56 AM
You are my new hero. Wish I could have seen there faces too.

Not So Fast
05-04-2006, 08:56 AM
PERFECT, Kudos to you!!!! BTW, Havasu was virtually closed down by the closure of places that supported the issue. Lets see, the paper said Bobs Big Boy and Casa Serrano were closed, again perfect, I dont eat at either place :D NSF
NSF

Havasu Luvr
05-04-2006, 09:02 AM
KODO"S to you Alan. :rollside:

CARLSON-JET
05-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I pretty much have the same opinion. I waited until monday to buy some of the higher dollar items fore the rehab house I'm currently working on. I also followed up on a few leads to drum up more buisiness and made 2 deals and gave out 1 more estimate.
Around here one thing I noticed , Alot of stores had a huge "HIRING, apply today start tomorrow" sign hanging out front. I thought that might be a fairly strong message.
Good Job to all those who made any effort to show your appreciation. R.B.

Dave C
05-04-2006, 09:24 AM
good one.
They claim theirs was an "economic boycott". Imagine what would happen if the other side had an "economic boycott" and we all refrained from buying from people who support this nonsense.

DCBob
05-04-2006, 09:25 AM
Right on, Same here.......frequent lots of Mexican businesses, know and like many Mexicans. Will never go into another place that I know was closed because of Mondays fiasco. Also saw picures on TV of an American Flag being taken down and a Mexican Flag being raised in it's place (I think in a city in Arizona) and no one stopped it or even complained about it. We should all be ashamed. Many brave young Americans have given their lives for that American Flag to fly over this country! Where is the outrage??

NOTALENT
05-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Right on, Same here.......frequent lots of Mexican businesses, know and like many Mexicans. Will never go into another place that I know was closed because of Mondays fiasco. Also saw picures on TV of an American Flag being taken down and a Mexican Flag being raised in it's place (I think in a city in Arizona) and no one stopped it or even complained about it. We should all be ashamed. Many brave young Americans have given their lives for that American Flag to fly over this country!
Thats focked up...isnt that a federal offense????

DCBob
05-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Not sure......it ought to be a shooting offense!

Keith E. Sayre
05-04-2006, 09:30 AM
For those coming to Havasu, the ones that I know of are Humbertos and Tecualas between the Chevron and Burger King and Casa De Serrano. I'll
not go to any of them anymore and I went lots before.
I don't support anti american people.
Keith Sayre

lawbreaker2
05-04-2006, 09:56 AM
A buddy of mine had the rebel flag flying higher than the U.S. flag on the back of his pickup truck a few years ago, and a cop pulled him over gave him a ticket and made him lower it to below the U.S. flag. He did not know about this, he does now and would never do it again.

Jyruiz
05-04-2006, 10:14 AM
If it is not, it should be.

Tremor Therapy
05-04-2006, 10:33 AM
For those coming to Havasu, the ones that I know of are Humbertos and Tecualas between the Chevron and Burger King and Casa De Serrano. I'll
not go to any of them anymore and I went lots before.
I don't support anti american people.
Keith Sayre
Thanks for posting that Keith. 2 of them are places that I went to every time I went to the 'Zoo. Was Casa Fernandez closed? I'd like to know that as well, and if so, where is the new breakfast haunt where I can track you down? :rollside: AND, what is the address of Casa de Serrano so that I can send them a letter to inform them that I will never go there again!

Run_em_Hard
05-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Right on, Same here.......frequent lots of Mexican businesses, know and like many Mexicans. Will never go into another place that I know was closed because of Mondays fiasco. Also saw picures on TV of an American Flag being taken down and a Mexican Flag being raised in it's place (I think in a city in Arizona) and no one stopped it or even complained about it. We should all be ashamed. Many brave young Americans have given their lives for that American Flag to fly over this country! Where is the outrage??
If someone would have done that where I am from it would have been stopped. How can people just stand and watch that. I'd been carryin when I stepped in the middle of it though.

Dave C
05-04-2006, 02:09 PM
someone must have clued-in the illegals during their protest up here cuz they had a lot of american flags in the protest (some mexican flags too), or someone was handing out the american flags at the protest. As in "TOO MANY" American flags. It just didn't look right. It was a made for TV protest. :rolleyes:
Plus they also had really cute slogans written on their protest signs and banners. Really good rhetoric.
It was like watching a protest from overseas when people who can't speak a word of english, let alone spell correctly but are holding a protest sign written in perfect english. :) :rolleyes:
I think all the protests up here were "organized" by the professional troublemakers. ;) (i.e. liberals)

jpeaston
05-04-2006, 02:17 PM
Someone I know, knows someone who owns a recycling plant, just so happens he had a computer problem on Friday and couldn't print checks, worked em Saturday, and announced checks would be ready Monday morning. Monday morning the clock in wasn't working so he had a guy and the gate to clock by hand as they entered the gate.
83 clocked in, worked, and got last weeks pay check.
1 turn around.
1 no-show.
Now accepting 2 applications.
Huge Balls.

Familycat
05-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Someone I know, knows someone who owns a recycling plant, just so happens he had a computer problem on Friday and couldn't print checks, worked em Saturday, and announced checks would be ready Monday morning. Monday morning the clock in wasn't working so he had a guy and the gate to clock by hand as they entered the gate.
83 clocked in, worked, and got last weeks pay check.
1 turn around.
1 no-show.
Now accepting 2 applications.
Huge Balls.
Sweet!
Local car was put everyone, not at work on Monday, on suspension.
I too made many purchases on Monday and will not spend my legal hard earned money with lowlifes that don't play by the rules.
F**k illegals. Go back to the county they seem so proud of.
Rick

Jbb
05-04-2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181noburritos.jpg

sorry dog
05-04-2006, 05:07 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181noburritos.jpg
I'm sure, that would be a major disincentive for Brown to visit us southern neighbors.

Froggystyle
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM
A buddy of mine had the rebel flag flying higher than the U.S. flag on the back of his pickup truck a few years ago, and a cop pulled him over gave him a ticket and made him lower it to below the U.S. flag. He did not know about this, he does now and would never do it again.
I don't know that this is either legal nor accurate. All of the protocol with respect to the American flag is just that... protocol. None of it is based in legality, only about respect.
For a federal building, there are regulations to which they must adhere, and with regard to uniform considerations same deal... but you can fly your flag however you goddamn please, wherever you want to.
Including BTW... on fire, under a car tire, covered in pig shit... you name it.
It is called the First Amendment, and it guarantees that you can fly the rebel flag over the Stars and Stripes if you want to.
While it may be deplorable to me, that right is what it is all about.
I would suspect that the story is a little misunderstood or fabricated...

Sleek-Jet
05-04-2006, 06:20 PM
good one.
They claim theirs was an "economic boycott". Imagine what would happen if the other side had an "economic boycott" and we all refrained from buying from people who support this nonsense.
That's whay I plan on doing. Show a little economic strength from the people that pay the taxes, shop at the stores, eat at the resteraunts, ect...
I've got a list of the business's that I know were shut down Monday, I'll never spend a dime there again.

Froggystyle
05-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Monday I went to my favorite local Italian restaraunt, "Taste of Italy" in Rancho San Diego and was told by the hostess that they had a somewhat reduced menu, but that they were open. We are pretty serious regulars here, so I was just glad they were open at all. We ordered pizza, and some stuff we normally get and found that it tasted a lot better than usual. I peeked back in the kitchen and saw the owner and both managers cooking! T-shirts on in lieu of their normal shirts and ties and giving it hell. The three of them covered for 5 guys. Two had ZERO experience in the kitchen. They were cooking with a passion for the buisness, and weren't about to let anyone shut them down for a bad reason. We felt like they pretty much earned a little gift so we went next door and got them all $20 gift certificates from Starbucks and sent them back with the waitress.
Here is the kicker... our favorite manager, Angel is Hispanic. He was working... taking up the slack of the a-holes who no-showed. I was proud to be his friend, and I can't imagine the shame these folks are going to have coming back to what they had abandoned. They left as protected, respected employees and partners. They come back as line items on a work schedule.