PDA

View Full Version : Crap!~ Busted my throttle baseplate

jrork
07-29-2005, 06:27 PM
%#@!*&!
Just buttoned up the Holley 3310 and stuck it on. Tightened it a 1/4 too much and crack! Broke the ear off. Sometimes I can be such a dumba$$!
Anybody know if you can buy baseplates for a 750cfm, VacSec, single pump, list 3310-3?
Really don't want to buy a new carb as there is nothing wrong with this one.......okay, except for where I screwed up.
John

malcolm
07-29-2005, 07:02 PM
I know you didn't want to go out this weekend, but you could've just made up an excuse. No need to break stuff. ;) :D

jrork
07-29-2005, 07:15 PM
I stuck on a Edelbrock that I had in the garage. Not as purdy and I can't run all my spiffy SS Braided lines........
It's too small but since I'm planning on just putting some SLOW and EASY hours, it should be okay.
Now I just have to find a damn baseplate........

Mighty Thor
07-29-2005, 07:31 PM
If you didn't break into any of the passages or crack it into an area that will leak fuel or air you might just consider having it welded and ground flat. Or, I have even used JB weld to repair one by grinding out some of the ear across the break and filling the grind with the JB weld. essentially I ground out the capital letter I with half of the I on each side of the break plus a good amount of JB weld in the break itself. beats the price of a new carb.

malcolm
07-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Have you been keeping an eye on my Snohomish river thread, John? :D
I'm going to be a little slower this weekend too.

jrork
07-29-2005, 08:25 PM
Yep, I've been watching it the whole way. Looks like a bunch of fun. We have another busy weedend so we cant do much but I hope to stick it in the water for a hour or so on Saturday just to get it wet.
Since we live darn near a stones throw from the boat launch we'll probably launch it in some of that nasty water over here that nobody wants to run in. Not the best but it is convienent....

jrork
07-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Thanks for the thought Thor but I'm pretty close to the opening and I'd hate to mess up and do something worse than I've already done.
I'll look at it again closer tomorrow and weigh that option.
Thanks again.........John

jrork
07-30-2005, 09:27 AM
That's what I was looking for Dragboats. Thanks.
I'll give them a call........John