PDA

View Full Version : More deckboat questions...

One Particular Harbor
07-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Like everyone else these days, it seems, the wife and I are beginning to look at moving up to a deckboat. I've read all the various threads in this forum and there's a lot of information out there on the Conquests and Magics.
Does anybody have any information on the new Hallett (285)? Also, any thoughts on the new Lavey? Not sure if I like the lines on that boat, but I do know Lavey makes a great boat.
Also, would love some more information, photos, updates, on the new Howard deck. Understand that they are putting a Taylor Performance 700 in the first one...sounds like a great package! Anyone know what kind of performance they are expecting?
Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, all.
OPH

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-30-2005, 07:22 AM
I saw a nice Sea-Doo deck boat going down the interstate yesterday . . .
you could check out your local motorcycle shop and see what they have to offer :D
Seriously, I looked at the Hallett website recently and didn't see the new deck design that I heard they were working on. I don't care for the original model they have. If you do a search, there are some pics of the new Howard from about 6 weeks ago.
edit: here is a link to the new 285 Party Cruiser (I did a quick search)
285 PC (http://www.hallettboats.com/285-party-cruiser.htm)

Phat Matt
07-30-2005, 07:49 AM
Don't forget about the Eticket. If you want current prices, let me know.
www.eticketboats.com

Lucky Bastard
07-30-2005, 07:57 AM
I currently own a Magic and love the boat hate the service and the trailer that comes with it doesn’t warrant a $100,000 boat.
Take a look at the new Howard deck it right up there with the quality of Lavey but with sexy lines. :clover: :clover: :clover:

riverroyal
07-30-2005, 08:10 AM
my boats great,no trailer issues,tows great,Ive heard service stories,my experience has been great......What does the new Hallet cost?And the Eticket is real nice,how much?The cobra has some different stuff on theirs,I think its around 115k to 120k with the 496HO.Magic has been taking a beating on here lately,You can Pm me if you need good feedback on mine,our family is very satisfied with ithttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2371DSC00652.JPG

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-30-2005, 08:11 AM
So as not to look biased :D here is the link to the thread about the Howard
Howard Deckboat (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81761&highlight=Howard)

JB in so cal
07-30-2005, 08:13 AM
my boats great,no trailer issues,tows great,Ive heard service stories,my experience has been great......What does the new Hallet cost?And the Eticket is real nice,how much?The cobra has some different stuff on theirs,I think its around 115k to 120k with the 496HO.Magic has been taking a beating on here lately,You can Pm me if you need good feedback on mine,our family is very satisfied with ithttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2371DSC00652.JPG
And if he wasn't such a poor photographer, you'd see another Magic to the right of his. The only two Magic Deck Boats on all of Havasu that weekend day. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-30-2005, 08:15 AM
What does the new Hallet cost?And the Eticket is real nice,how much?
According to the link, it starts at $93.5K with th HO, $110K for the 525. Comparable to the Magic.

riverroyal
07-30-2005, 08:19 AM
arent you leaving soon?http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371johns_boat.JPG

life's a river
07-30-2005, 08:19 AM
Have you checked into the HTM. The latest HB mag has a good write up on it. The price seems to be good as well. I think it read $82,000 with a 496 HO.
LAR

JB in so cal
07-30-2005, 08:22 AM
arent you leaving soon?http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2371johns_boat.JPG
Looks like a public-housing project. No CCR's about towells, I guess. :2purples:

riverroyal
07-30-2005, 08:23 AM
i have more but the file sizes are to big

ECeptor
07-30-2005, 08:24 AM
The last issue I bought of Powerboat Magazine had a bunch of deck boats tested. See if it's still on the shelves at your local book store.

JB in so cal
07-30-2005, 08:25 AM
i have more but the file sizes are to big
Dog looks comfy, though :sleeping:

NashvilleBound
07-30-2005, 08:27 AM
I would suggest also to look at the newest magazines.... I know both Howard and Lavey build good boats but it was not the style I was looking for. Go for your test rides. I have to say this...if you look at Magic be very carefull....watch everything...get things in writing. They CAN build a good boat...but it sure was not mine...or the trailer.

riverroyal
07-30-2005, 08:30 AM
morning,wait its after lunch there

Wonderboy
07-30-2005, 08:42 AM
Like everyone else these days, it seems, the wife and I are beginning to look at moving up to a deckboat. I've read all the various threads in this forum and there's a lot of information out there on the Conquests and Magics.
Does anybody have any information on the new Hallett (285)? Also, any thoughts on the new Lavey? Not sure if I like the lines on that boat, but I do know Lavey makes a great boat.
Also, would love some more information, photos, updates, on the new Howard deck. Understand that they are putting a Taylor Performance 700 in the first one...sounds like a great package! Anyone know what kind of performance they are expecting?
Any information would be appreciated. Thanks, all.
OPH
Pick up the August issue of Powerboat magazine. The Hallett got a great review. So did a few others out of the 14 they tested.

Just Tool'n
07-30-2005, 08:45 AM
The magic got very good reviews in the powerboat mag article, also the Hallet & E-ticket got good reviews, now it comes down to features & Benefits of the 3 boats.

riverroyal
07-30-2005, 08:52 AM
resale,check that also.

Beer-30
07-30-2005, 09:13 AM
Conquest.

One Particular Harbor
07-30-2005, 10:13 AM
Thanks, in advance, for the added info.
OPH

One Particular Harbor
07-30-2005, 10:20 AM
A couple of responses to previous posts...
- Have read the previous threads about the Howard, which included photos. Was hoping to see some new pictures with interiors, get an update, etc.
- Will pick up the August issue of PowerBoat magazine. Not a subscriber, so I missed the deckboat comparison. Thanks!
- Pricing on the Hallet is consistent with the others in this class (~$110,000 with the 525). Curious as to whether anyone has "hands on" experience with the boat. I have seen one on the water, so I know they delivered at least one. And, I also know Hallett produces a high quality boat.
- I did forget about the eTicket and HTM boats. Will take a look at both. Is HTM generally considered in the same class as these other builders (sorry, I know that's a subjective question).
Thanks, again, everyone.
OPH

Troubles No More
07-30-2005, 10:34 AM
try this thread over at Las Vegas hot boats, Essex502 has been following the built-up of 28 Howard sport deck boat.
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?s=42ea75f36cc6ffff;act=ST;f=2;t=4017
or
http://www.lasvegas***boats.com/

Phat Matt
07-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Thanks, in advance, for the added info.
OPH
I sent you some info back. Good luck. :)

SnakeWrench
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Check out every one on the market because there are good and bad points about all of them, but make sure to check out the Cobra 280 Python. Pay attention to the speed and hp in all the test boats.
www.cobraperformanceboats.com

Froggystyle
07-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I would pay particular attention to accelleration figures.
Who wants a boat that takes ten seconds to plane to get a big top end number???
If you plan on having folks in the boat, look for an evaluation that shows power and useful numbers in the range you use most, not top speed. If you really want good info, ask how the boat works with six people... ten people.
How many people do you go boating with? Where do you boat? What kind of watersports do you and your family enjoy? (Tubing, wakeboarding, skiing etc...) and can the different boats do that for you?

havasu5150
07-31-2005, 06:09 AM
Did a ton af research.....ordered my Conquest a couple of weeks ago :D . Liked the styling, drove and rode great, well built, great customer service reputation, great resale.

Beer-30
07-31-2005, 06:42 AM
Conquest.