PDA

View Full Version : What Is The Best Way To Sell Your Used Boat?

payloan
07-30-2005, 07:34 AM
When is the best time ? Where is the best place to advertise it? These "Boat Consingment" guys that take 10% of the sale.. is it realy worth it?

JetBoatRich
07-30-2005, 07:36 AM
When is the best time ? Where is the best place to advertise it? These "Boat Consingment" guys that take 10% of the sale.. is it realy worth it?
Could be worth it if you don't have time, if you are paying storage, etc.

WYRD
07-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Try posting Spam here first

Big Warlock
07-30-2005, 07:38 AM
BoatTrader.com It's worth a shot.

Mohavekid
07-30-2005, 07:43 AM
BoatTrader works well.
I sold my old boat thru a consignment lot. It was no real hassle. I just told them wat I needed to get out of the boat, they then kept anything they were able to get over my price.

Nate56
07-30-2005, 07:47 AM
Offshoreonly.com Lots of boats on there plus one of mine..

payloan
07-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Could be worth it if you don't have time, if you are paying storage, etc.
Thats kind of what I was wondering. I am paying for storage but once you've signed can you just pick it up and bring it back when you go out for the weekened?

Steamin' Rice
07-30-2005, 08:33 AM
The best time of year to sell a boat is Mar-May.. I sold a boat using boattraderonline in March 2004 with no problem. You also need to have a realistic price. Boats that are overpriced do not sell very quickly... Clean boats that are correctly priced seem to sell. Good luck

superdave013
07-30-2005, 08:50 AM
"What Is The Best Way To Sell Your Used Boat?"
For cash prolly. I've never sold a boat with the boat trader but have bought one out if it. That's the way I'd go (if the spam I posted here first didn't work, of course).
So, what'cha got and how much?

a catered life
07-30-2005, 09:10 AM
BoatTrader.com It's worth a shot.
i agree i bought it for 3 months before i finally purchased a boat helps a lot with comparing prices :idea:

38cig
07-30-2005, 09:15 AM
you mean spam like this?http://www.riverratlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5957. :confused: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1993 CIGARETTE TOP GUN 38' FOR SALE. only 200 hours on original merc. 425hp motors on trs drives with fresh 100 hour service on motors and drives, also lots of other stuff replaced including sea strainer impellers, bidge pump, trim resv., and more all done on 07/05/05 by extreme custom marine in so.cal., fresh water only boat with fresh water flush system, fume detector and built in fire system, shore power with 30amp charger for dual batteries, k-planes hydraulic trim tabs with trim indicators, s/s 3 blade props, new custom cockpit interior-engine cover-and cockpit cover (in purple), new kick a$$ 1200 watt stereo system with six 6x9 speakers and room to grow with subs, full cabin with electric head-sink-pressure water system with fresh water holding tank-built in huge ice box cooler-wet bar-dinette-closet-snap in carpet-and tons of storage, all of witch is in like new shape, 2005 aluminium triple axle trailer that it is on is available, covered storage in las vegas can be transfered, all manuals and papers from cigarette. asking $92,000 obo per nadaguides.com. plus a little. pm me or call robert at 1-702-683-7656.http://powerboatlistings.com/view/2085

2Driver
07-30-2005, 10:39 AM
I am on my 13th boat in 20 years and have a net income if you add up all the buying and selling....and I am talking Carreras, Advantages, JC tritoons etc..
I would put it in Boat trader and the local paper 1 week before the LA boat show and detail the heck out of every inch of the boat. Also, during the first few weeks of warm weather, Mar-May are the best months. After the fouth of July it really slows to a crawl and you may be better off hanging on until spring unless you are paying storage.
Also...if it is at the river try the "white sheet" I sold a few boats and my house in that paper..it is awesome.
http://www.greenandwhitesheet.com/whitesheet/
good luck

andy01
07-30-2005, 10:45 AM
Boat trader online is where I sold my DCB. When is the best time to sell your boat? When you are ready to sell it and when somebody is looking for a boat like yours. I put mine in the paper this time last year and sold it in three weeks. Steamnrice is right. If it is clean and you price it according to the market or if it is almost new then just below a new one it will sell right away. if it is beat to shit and over priced you are a owner and it will never sell.
Andy