PDA

View Full Version : OK Title Guru's......Help...

Liberator TJ1984
07-30-2005, 08:44 AM
About 3 yrs.ago I bought a '99 F250 4x4 from one of the engineer trainees here at work who was from Louisiana . Never tried to title truck untill lately ( really didn't need it , but it was a hellova deal , just payoff note balance and he was getting transferred back to La.) Called my Credit union and they paid it off , I took it home...WELL I go to get It Registered and they ask for bill of sale and Title ,I tell them I don't have it because Credit Union made the deal with his bank ....Called credit union they didn't get the Title because they used my 401 as collateral against the note !!! Called his Bank they don't have a title either because they said they did not use it for Collateral and was a signiture loan and it is usually not a practice in La. to do so :eek:
Anyways Matt has since then left this company and I have not been able to track him down and even with 15yrs with my company they will not give me any info. on his next job was or adresses :mad:
ps,called La. dept of Trans. and they would not help either :mad:
Any Ideas ???
AND yea I know I shoulda Transferred Title as soon as I got the Truck BUT I ASSUMED the Credit Union would have gotten it from his Bank :hammerhea

Keithb87
07-30-2005, 08:47 AM
:idea: Give the truck to me and I'll deal with it.. :idea:
Really though in Az you can file for an abandoned title or a Bonded title. You have to go through DMV for the forms and rules and such and there is a waiting period kind of a pain in the Arse.

a catered life
07-30-2005, 08:48 AM
your in luck we got our very own dmvqueen "sara" pm her it raff's wife by the way
i pretty sure she can help