PDA

View Full Version : On Call Again

cc322
07-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Being on call really sucks :yuk: Just went on Tuesday and allready have 20 hrs OT :smile: It is a pain in the ass but the paycheck will say man was that worth it, It really hurts whe we are having such nice weather, cant get the boat out , cant drink and can barley sleep :frown: Oh well It's only for a week, Ok..... just venting :cry:

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-30-2005, 04:20 PM
Being on call really sucks :yuk: Just went on Tuesday and allready have 20 hrs OT :smile: It is a pain in the ass but the paycheck will say man was that worth it, It really hurts whe we are having such nice weather, cant get the boat out , cant drink and can barley sleep :frown: Oh well It's only for a week, Ok..... just venting :cry:
what do you do?

JetBoatRich
07-30-2005, 04:52 PM
Take the money while you can :wink:

cc322
07-30-2005, 04:53 PM
I work for the Water Department, we have to be on call 24/7 once a month, resond to calls after hours some calls are serious and some are stupid :mad: But we have to go no matter what as long as it is in our service area. Examples of some of the calls we get. I dont have any water :confused: this is usually from the service being shut off for no payment DUH water isnt free. Police or fire call main line break need water shut off, also needs to be repaired. Sewer is coming from a manhole and spilling into a storm drain :crossx: , this is major. Car accident and the car just took out a hydrant, Fire Dept cant find the valve so we get to shut it off. We also have several pump stations that we get frequent alarms from that we have to respond to, We also help neighboring citys and water districts with emergencys. We have helped with trench shoring cave inns with the fire dept and the stupid person that calls and say my sprinklers have been running and I cant shut them off :confused: how is that our problem? Just to name a few. Every call is a two hour min fo OT hrs, even if it take 1/2 to fix :p

SUI-CY-COLE DIMARCO
07-30-2005, 04:57 PM
I work for the Water Department, we have to be on call 24/7 once a month, resond to calls after hours some calls are serious and some are stupid :mad: But we have to go no matter what as long as it is in our service area. Examples of some of the calls we get. I dont have any water :confused: this is usually from the service being shut off for no payment DUH water isnt free. Police or fire call main line break need water shut off, also needs to be repaired. Sewer is coming from a manhole and spilling into a storm drain :crossx: , this is major. Car accident and the car just took out a hydrant, Fire Dept cant find the valve so we get to shut it off. We also have several pump stations that we get frequent alarms from that we have to respond to, We also help neighboring citys and water districts with emergencys. We have helped with trench shoring cave inns with the fire dept and the stupid person that calls and say my sprinklers have been running and I cant shut them off :confused: how is that our problem? Just to name a few.
wow..youd like me i got a septic and water well,lol..ya i know what you mean i work on overhead cranes and they are in an industry that runs 24/7..so yes on call sucks and i can relate..i just wish that after 50 or 60 hours a week the government can stop taking..ex-you reached the limit to pay for this time limit...well got to go cell phone ringing. :eek:

Mrs.Racer277
07-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Maybe somebody needs to be on call instead of gong to the races. :wink: :wink:
Sorry to hear you are stuck at home working.

ahhell
07-30-2005, 08:16 PM
I agree...call sucks...i do 24 hours every other sunday, and get an average of 5-6 call in 24 hours...but its 2 hours time and a half even if it takes 10 minites...make for nice checks :rolleyes:

ROZ
07-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Should my water meter still turn when every source of water to my house is turned off? ;) :D

cc322
07-31-2005, 06:12 AM
Should my water meter still turn when every source of water to my house is turned off? ;) :D
No..... you have a leak :)

cc322
07-31-2005, 06:15 AM
Maybe somebody needs to be on call instead of gong to the races. :wink: :wink:
Sorry to hear you are stuck at home working.
Yeah if your refering to Kelly he should be on right now.....but decided to go to the races :sqeyes: I cant belIeve he gave up the OT he is such a OT ***** :D Good Luck INTEGRA

Mrs.Racer277
07-31-2005, 07:18 AM
Yeah if your refering to Kelly he should be on right now.....but decided to go to the races :sqeyes: I cant belIeve he gave up the OT he is such a OT ***** :D Good Luck INTEGRA
That is exactly who I was talking about. :D
I heard that about him. HEHEHE :D :D