PDA

View Full Version : Wildchild Jr.

V-DRIVE VIDEO
07-30-2005, 08:38 PM
Dennis showcasing the durability of a vacuum bagged carbon fibre lay up. He was ok.
SS-80 Long Beach 2004 (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/movie/wildchild.wmv)

GofastRacer
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
Totally amazing!.. :eek:

dmontzsta
07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I cannot believe how strong that boat is. The speed he was going and it didnt even sink. Just amazing, I watched the transom get SLAMMED and go slightly under, then the bow get SLAMMED and go under but yet it still stayed up. Was there any hull damage?

Morg
07-31-2005, 05:38 AM
Art said it all. "totaly amazing"
So glad Dennis was O.K.
Boat did not even get a stress crack.
Would love to have a Vacumm bag carbon fibre hull some day.

wsuwrhr
07-31-2005, 06:29 AM
WOWWWWWW :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp: :supp:
Scary shit, happens in a second.
The boat, prop, underside of boat nearly got him as it went around.
A normal fiberglass boat would have disintegrated wouldn't it?
Brian

superdave013
07-31-2005, 07:34 AM
I saw it live and in person but was down by the pits. That footage was shot from a much better spot.
Even if he wouldn't have crashed that just shows how fast and close they race. I don't think I'd have the stones for that shit myself.

Moneypitt
07-31-2005, 10:41 AM
I also saw it live, and it wasn't pretty. What "woulda, coulda, shoulda" happened I don't even want to think about. Dennis did suffer a concussion, helmet cracked open but did it's job. The best part of that day was seeing Dennis moving around on the strecher. The great video clearly shows that the boat, if made from the regular fiberglass, would've been destroyed. A true compliment to the bulletproff constuction, and a wake up call to others as to how a race boat should be built........I wonder if the GN Dennis is driving is carbonfiber?........ Nah....... MP

BIGCHRIS
07-31-2005, 04:31 PM
That is to wild :rollside:

Sanger D
08-01-2005, 09:01 AM
unbeleivable!!!!that carbon fiber is the stuff!!!!ANY other material would have come completely apart!!!that was a VERY violent hit!! glad the dude was ok. whats it cost now for a fiber hull,anyone know???

olbiezer
08-01-2005, 09:17 AM
couldnt really see how close the boat came to the driver ...........wow that was scarry...........the speed that it was going and how close it came to hitting him on the way down. amazing!!!!!!

Wildchild80
08-01-2005, 09:29 AM
unbeleivable!!!!that carbon fiber is the stuff!!!!ANY other material would have come completely apart!!!that was a VERY violent hit!! glad the dude was ok. whats it cost now for a fiber hull,anyone know???
We can build a carbon fiber boat for around 20,000 last year iI could do one for 17,000 the material is outrageous in price, but I feel it is worth the investment

Cs19
08-01-2005, 10:00 PM
Whats the weight of a bare race hull wildchild?
How did the motor mounts hold up through all that, you'd think a 700 lb engine would want to come out during all that.

dmontzsta
08-01-2005, 10:06 PM
We can build a carbon fiber boat for around 20,000 last year iI could do one for 17,000 the material is outrageous in price, but I feel it is worth the investment
That is actually a really good price...the transom took a huge hit and the bow went pretty much all the way under, with all that pressure it should have snapped into two pieces. Just amazing and well worth it if you are racing.

Wildchild80
08-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Whats the weight of a bare race hull wildchild?
How did the motor mounts hold up through all that, you'd think a 700 lb engine would want to come out during all that.
Bare boat is 400lbs