PDA

View Full Version : Sand Spike

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-31-2005, 02:39 PM
Okay, I guess we are the only folks that call sand spike anchors "sand spikes." To everyone else, a sand spike is a rod holder :jawdrop: to hold your rod on the beach. Where can I get the beach anchor type that you ram into the ground? I don't want to wait until the boat show. I already did a search at Overtons and on Yahoo! and RexMarine.

*!Ken's Wife!*
07-31-2005, 02:48 PM
Okay, I guess we are the only folks that call sand spike anchors "sand spikes." To everyone else, a sand spike is a rod holder :jawdrop: to hold your rod on the beach. Where can I get the beach anchor type that you ram into the ground? I don't want to wait until the boat show. I already did a search at Overtons and on Yahoo! and RexMarine.
I have a small sand spike here at my work for sale or you can call Slide Anchor at:805 493-9073 they'll deliver it next day if you pay over the phone!!! Hope this helps *WINK*

BOBALOO
07-31-2005, 02:50 PM
They are called Slide Anchors and can be had at the marine place/boat dealer just south of the 91 and 15 fwy off magnolia or ontario. The marine place south of Rancho ca rd in Temecula has them but I think they want more than list for them at 75$ there. The other place is Sun Country marine on the 15 fwy south of the 10 by the dealerships.
I think these might be the closest places to Menifee.

ZZ-Man
07-31-2005, 02:50 PM
Thats the best one you can have.

2Driver
07-31-2005, 02:58 PM
Last time checked the Nautical Inn store had them..not sure of the price compared to other places.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-31-2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks!

Nate56
07-31-2005, 03:00 PM
Those things are cheap over here in Texas, I guess since that's all we do is drink and fish though...

Nord
07-31-2005, 03:00 PM
West Marine, Rex Marine, Eddie Marine...............I'm sure one of them has em!!

Rexone
07-31-2005, 03:07 PM
Here you go, Box Anchors and Spikes (http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=boxanch)

Froggystyle
07-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Just buy a Trident... they come with them.

Rexone
07-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Just buy a Trident... they come with them.
Conversation with HR Block...
What are you long term debts Mr. Big?
Well HR, like most people I have my mortgage, my car payment, my truck payment, my other truck payment, my sea doo payment, my toy hauler payment, oh and then there's the second I took on the house for my Sand Spike with accessories... :D

Laser 21
07-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Try this,
http://www.sandspike.com/

HCS
07-31-2005, 03:26 PM
RD promised us sand spikes. Never got mine. :mad:

RiverDave
07-31-2005, 04:24 PM
RD promised us sand spikes. Never got mine. :mad:
I promised everyone sandspikes? :D I remember saying I was thinking of making a nice billet version of them.. Actually have the CAD all done etc.. Just at the end of the day wondering who's really going to buy a 400 dollar billet sand spike?
RD

HighRoller
07-31-2005, 04:31 PM
Conversation with HR Block...
What are you long term debts Mr. Big?
Well HR, like most people I have my mortgage, my car payment, my truck payment, my other truck payment, my sea doo payment, my toy hauler payment, oh and then there's the second I took on the house for my Sand Spike with accessories... :D
Huh? A thread hijack gone wrong?
BTW, we found out that a piece of angle iron, a MIG welder, a grinder and a sledge hammer is all you need to make yourself a $10 sand spike.

Ultrafied
07-31-2005, 06:03 PM
You may want to look at Reider Cove's Easy Anchor. Pretty sweet. I had a sand spike and like this a LOT better. Smaller, self contained, looks great and works very good. You can get them at West Marine or order it online. Here's the link Redier Cove Easy Anchor (http://www.reidercoveproducts.com/)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2432special.jpghttp://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2432all_colors.jpg

phebus
07-31-2005, 07:59 PM
I promised everyone sandspikes? :D I remember saying I was thinking of making a nice billet version of them.. Actually have the CAD all done etc.. Just at the end of the day wondering who's really going to buy a 400 dollar billet sand spike?
RD
Just make them in pewter and engrave DCB on them, and they will flock to buy them. :D

victorfb
07-31-2005, 08:06 PM
Huh? A thread hijack gone wrong?
BTW, we found out that a piece of angle iron, a MIG welder, a grinder and a sledge hammer is all you need to make yourself a $10 sand spike.
yep, and seem to work just as good. go figure.
next one will be made of stainless steal to keep the rust spots off the carpet, and also an aluminum light wieght version for the sand only areas.

franky
07-31-2005, 08:20 PM
Just make them in pewter and engrave DCB on them, and they will flock to buy them. :D
nice one phebus!!
and if it includes a nice bottle of body spray?

phebus
07-31-2005, 08:25 PM
nice one phebus!!
and if it includes a nice bottle of body spray?
Or better yet, an autographed can of Dave's personal hair spray. :D

Beer-30
07-31-2005, 08:28 PM
Well, I used my large BOX ANCHOR today, but not my SAND SPIKE (anchored off-shore to float and swim). Neither had any thing to do with fishing!

BOBALOO
08-01-2005, 07:12 AM
Sandbar Junkies made a sweet one out of all stainless and had it polished. I guess if you have a DCB, BLING is mandatory.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-01-2005, 08:04 AM
I found a commercial tent awning spike at Lowes I use. Is over a foot long, formed like a tapered "X" with a 3/4" hole and 2 "ears" over the top to make a natural loop-attatchment or rope tie-off. Holds really solid in sand and is designed to be hammer-driven. Pulls out easy too. Bought mine in blaze orange for visibility. I can't locate them in online site tho. :mad:

Brooski
08-01-2005, 08:14 AM
yep, and seem to work just as good. go figure.
next one will be made of stainless steal to keep the rust spots off the carpet, and also an aluminum light wieght version for the sand only areas.
Hey Vic, can ya manufacture me one before CBBB? :)

ahhell
08-01-2005, 09:01 AM
my neighbor is a concrete contractor, there must be 200 spikes just over the fence...and there FREEEEEEEEEE :wink: :wink: :wink:

riverroyal
08-01-2005, 10:11 AM
gold DCB sand spike,with perfect rigging

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Thank you everyone for your help. We don't beach our boat very often, so we have been using the hammer and stake method when we need to, but it is not very efficient, and we will have it beached at CBBB next weekend so Jeff wanted me to pick up a sand spike/stake/anchor/thingy :D
Highroller, thanks for your cost saving advice, but we don't really have the desire or the room to take a sledgehammer on the boat with us.
Nate56, your post explains perfectly my difficulties in finding what I was looking for. The sand spike you are talking about runs a little under $10 and holds your fishing rod while you drink beer :D What I was looking for is a spike that has a ramming device built into it, you slide it up and down like a hand job. Then you anchor your boat to it.
I ended up getting the one Mike posted a link to rather than the Redier brand because of space. The Redier one looks very nice and well built, but weighs 14 pounds! We have an older boat and are very limited in storage space, so we need to conserve all we can.
Thanks again, everyone.

v-drive
08-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Am I the only one here that is not impressed with the box anchors.
while on vacation I noticed my boat moving and just thought oh well my son didn"t set it right. I re set the damn thing and it was fine and then about an hour later the boat was moving again......v-drive

meaniam
08-01-2005, 04:46 PM
i belive i saw them for 65 dollars at holiday marine in bullhead. they are next to a chrysler dealer i belive

Ultrafied
08-01-2005, 05:13 PM
while on vacation I noticed my boat moving and just thought oh well my son didn"t set it right. I re set the damn thing and it was fine and then about an hour later the boat was moving again......v-drive
Never had a problem yet. I always try to keep twice the depth in rope and the box works really good in the coves. When I'm near the beach at the landing, I use an Anchor buddy with the box and never a problem either.

Rexone
08-01-2005, 05:42 PM
What I was looking for is a spike that has a ramming device built into it, you slide it up and down like a hand job
:redface:
thanx angie :)
vdrive make sure you're using enough rope and not pulling it vertically too much. Out of several hundred we've sold I've never heard a complaint about them not holding.

Froggystyle
08-02-2005, 08:25 AM
I had one that held with 8 boats tied to me in the middle of the river in Parker. No movement at all with enough rope.
I couldn't be a bigger fan of them. I had a big Danforth that absolutely blew at the river.