PDA

View Full Version : L.e.o.

Gman
07-31-2005, 03:46 PM
It has been awhile since I have been on here, and I have over time wiped out all my PM's. I can't remember all the names of the L.E.O. I talked to but I need help again.
I passed my test for Sheriff cadet with a 84.30 I believe I needed a 71 or 73 to pass. But in the info sent to me it doesn't say what is next. All it says is that I passed what my score was and that I am now on a list of persons eligible for employment until 7/26/06. What is next??? Maybe a certifacation/orientation notice?? Just curious. Obviously I will be hitting the gym hard until I hear back from them. Please if any one knows whats next please help fill me in.
G.

Not So Fast
07-31-2005, 04:06 PM
It has been awhile since I have been on here, and I have over time wiped out all my PM's. I can't remember all the names of the L.E.O. I talked to but I need help again.
I passed my test for Sheriff cadet with a 84.30 I believe I needed a 71 or 73 to pass. But in the info sent to me it doesn't say what is next. All it says is that I passed what my score was and that I am now on a list of persons eligible for employment until 7/26/06. What is next??? Maybe a certifacation/orientation notice?? Just curious. Obviously I will be hitting the gym hard until I hear back from them. Please if any one knows whats next please help fill me in.
G.
A lot of waiting and frustration because it took my sons a long, long time to get the final word. Don't give up but be prepared to wait, GOOD LUCK, Which dept or county? :) NSF

Gman
07-31-2005, 04:10 PM
SD county. They said they were hiring A.S.A.P. within 5-12 months. After your sons passed the written test what came next? Did they get something in the mail? Or a phone call?

SummitKarl
07-31-2005, 04:14 PM
send a PM to "malibuken" his wife works for S.D. LE, let him know Karl told you to do this so he don't get spooked.

Gman
07-31-2005, 04:40 PM
TY Karl,
I just did.

Wonderboy
07-31-2005, 04:53 PM
I took the written test a while ago for Riverside county. After I passed they sent me the date that I would be taking the physical agility test. I believe I got my instructions for the next proces either with my test results or shortly there after. We also had our orientation the same day as the physical agility. Be prepared to write an autobiography during the orientation as well.
BTW, congrats on passing :D

RACRJEFF
07-31-2005, 06:39 PM
SD county. They said they were hiring A.S.A.P. within 5-12 months. After your sons passed the written test what came next? Did they get something in the mail? Or a phone call?
S.D. hiring should be quick all thier deputies are leaving for Vegas metro and other departments due to low pay, but high cost of living.

THATJEFFGUY
07-31-2005, 09:35 PM
G.
In this order: Written...Background (long wait)...Physical Agility...Lie Detector/Oral Interview...Psych...Physical Exam

Kokopelli
08-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Just FYI for those thinking of getting in this career - Riverside County is hiring about 350 new deputies.

Boatcop
08-01-2005, 09:22 AM
In case anyone is looking at Arizona LE opportunities, about 20% of the senior Police Personnel (Capts, Lts, Sgts, etc.) in the State will be retiring in the next year, due to going into a deferred retirement plan several years ago.
What this means is that junior personnel will be moving up through the ranks, creating a need for new hires. It's anticipated that up to 1,000 new openings will be available within the next year in AZ.
This will mean that Cities, Counties, the State, etc. will have to increase pay and/or benefits to stay competitive. It will be a employees market here for the next several years, with qualified people pretty much able to punch their own ticket.
If anyone wants more info on AZ LE requirements, drop me an email, PM or whatever, and I'll give the skinny.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-01-2005, 11:58 AM
I can't help you in any way, GMAN, but congrats on passing the test!!

Wonderboy
08-01-2005, 12:10 PM
In this order: Written...Background (long wait)...Physical Agility...Lie Detector/Oral Interview...Psych...Physical Exam
Physical agility should come before the background. I got my background packet at the orientation which was the same day as the physical agility test.

MudPumper
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
It should go like this. Submit AP, Written Test, Physical Agility, Oral Int.,Backgounds/polygraph, Medical/Psych, certification and appointment. You won't get any phone calls until you get into the background process. Everything up until then will be notification by mail. I don't know how SD County is doing it but it should be pretty close to this. 84 is ok on the written but you're going to need to score a minimum 94% or better on the oral which is the most important part of hireing next to the background process. They will probably give you a weighted overall score based on your written score combined with your oral score. Some agencies weight 100% on the oral. Good luck with everything but something to consider is that San Diego is having some serious issues right now and like it has been stated, low pay and extremely high cost of living. Just something to consider. LA County is hireing about 1000 this year. And don't count out some of the smaller Police Agencies. They don't hire as many but the conditions and pay are way above in most cases. Again, good luck and have a lot of patience. And above all be honest, the number one reason people don't get hired is because of honesty.

Kachina26
08-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Next you have to prove that you are capable of being LE by sucking a golf ball through 5 feet of 5/8" garden hose. J/K , congrats on passing the test, and good luck on the rest of the deal. I am truely jealous. I missed CHP due to the hiring freeze running up into me being too old. ( I can't believe that I am actually too old for something).

BoatPI
08-01-2005, 02:38 PM
Good luck. I know LA Sheriff is hiring 700 in the next year, and LAPD 750. LAPD pays 45-55K to start and Sergeants and detective supervisors get 100+G plus OT. Patrol officers work a 3/12 shift so u could live in 909 and work in the big city/county.

Shock21
08-01-2005, 02:41 PM
Gman,
don't forget that most municipal PD's are hiring as well, you'll get right on the street rather than working in the jails.

badtaste
08-02-2005, 06:01 AM
S.D. hiring should be quick all thier deputies are leaving for Vegas metro and other departments due to low pay, but high cost of living.
FYI... SDPD has a lot of guys leaving... SDSO does not. Most of the vacancies in SDSO are from retirements and injuries. BTW, Good luck on the process. See ya out here.