PDA

View Full Version : Best launch site for Mission Bay S.D.?

SUBPRIME
07-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Headed down for my first trip to go out on mission bay tomorrow, I have the location of one ramp at 2727 De Anza, but I was told the wash stations at this ramp aren't that great. If anyone know the best place to launch, with good wash station for clean up, for mission bay in san diego I would appreciate the tips.
Thanks

Raylar
07-31-2005, 05:32 PM
The new ramp off of Sea World drive on right just before Sea World is a great spot. Nice ramp, plenty of nice parking, nice long docks and such, not sure of the wash rack though.
Ray @ Raylar

SUBPRIME
07-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Ramp signs on sea world drive? I haven't driven around SD much...

HocusPocus
07-31-2005, 06:02 PM
i used campland by the bay to launch from.. but then i was camping there at the time. not sure if anyone not staying there can launch??

Cole Sanger
08-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Nope, you have to stay there to launch. I used to launch at ski beach, but that was with my waverunner. I think since you have a big boat, I would say over near the freeway by the island, or across from sea world over the bridge from sky beach. I used to live 3 blocks from ski beach in pacific beach. Man do I miss it.

riverroyal
08-01-2005, 10:13 AM
there isnt a good place,dont swallow any water

riverroyal
08-01-2005, 10:16 AM
the launch ramp near sea world is built on a toxic waste dump from the 50s and 60s,the military dumped thousands of 55 gallon drums full of every type of toxins and chemicals you can ever imagine,its was before anyone cared.I will never go in that water again,I have hospital bills if you need more reasons :rollside:

river chaser
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
NO wash stations @ Mission bay or as I know of near sea world. used to launch at mission bay, but had to wash down when i arrived home. Can we say internal Salt Water damage in the long run :confused:

SUBPRIME
08-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Sooo pissed got up this morning drove down to Mission bay about an hour and a half, get to the ramp no fresh water anywhere! Two park employees told me that I wouldn't find anywhere to get fresh water to flush or rinse! Called all the marina'a in the area no luck! So had to turn right around and head home! :mad: I cannot believe they don't have anywhere to flush or clean up with fresh water!!!! Half a day wasted.

ROZ
08-02-2005, 05:22 PM
Was it at the launchramp just east of Seaworld on Seaworld drive? I've seen poeple with hoses right there at the driveway just outside the bathrooms....
Maybe they disconnected them :220v: