PDA

View Full Version : How do you or how can I....

JustMVG
07-31-2005, 08:44 PM
Get the paint that was left in my bathtub? We have a newer home built in '99 and the wife did some painting and used one of the bathtubs as a rinse out the brushes and buckets spot, now i am tired of the girls kicking me out of my bedroom so they can take their showers, tub is fiberglass one piece with the shower wall.
MikeVG

sidewound
07-31-2005, 11:34 PM
Lotsa hot water...soap...and elbow grease has worked for me.
I mean LOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It takes time but it will give way.
Peace Man :cool:
CESAR

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2005, 12:16 AM
2nd the really hot water( I am a painter, if its latex if its oil you are sol since any thing that will take the oil base off with also f up the finsh of the fiberglass) if you can let it sit for awhile b4 you start to mess with it... next time have you wife wash out the tub afterwards since it will just wash down the drain. now about the girls kicking you out... if they made the mess they need to live with it ( can you tell i am sinlge)

mike37
08-01-2005, 07:47 AM
bug and tar remover from the local auto parts place
or just good old paint thiner then some car wax on it after you finish

Not So Fast
08-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Get the paint that was left in my bathtub? We have a newer home built in '99 and the wife did some painting and used one of the bathtubs as a rinse out the brushes and buckets spot, now i am tired of the girls kicking me out of my bedroom so they can take their showers, tub is fiberglass one piece with the shower wall.
MikeVG
Very few painters use oil base anymore as far as I know, try Goof Off or Opps, I have had great luck with this stuff on everything, GOOD LUCK :smile: NSF

JustMVG
08-01-2005, 08:01 AM
Mikey, I know it was Behr paint !!! but what type was it latex or oil? OR you can call my brother (Larry) at 951-272-3151.
Mikey (Rio)>L the other white meat>
It was the Behr of course Mikey!!! And i am sure it was latex, i am gonna dbl check and then go after the mess
As to the girls and their mess well, "either clean it up or it goes out the door towards the trash can" has been working well.
I NEVER Knew that their were soooo many friggin hair products in my life, my shower looks like a a storage closet for this stuff. Geeeesshhhh!!!!