PDA

View Full Version : Video of BP from chowchilla...

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-01-2005, 07:45 AM
Love the celebratory fist! :D
BP clip (http://www.v-drivevideo.com/movie/bpchow.wmv)

dmontzsta
08-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Nice...even though your name is still true, you always show our Jet Boat brothers love. :)

berk
08-01-2005, 07:54 AM
hey v-d has it ever been known for a v-drive to have a driveline failure where the drieline flies out and injures boaters/boat? seems like a grenaded driveline could be a real danger in those boats.
cool videos by the way, thanks

V-DRIVE VIDEO
08-01-2005, 08:05 AM
hey v-d has it ever been known for a v-drive to have a driveline failure where the drieline flies out and injures boaters/boat? seems like a grenaded driveline could be a real danger in those boats.
I can't say I've ever seen one literally "fly out" but back around 1980 Mike Brendels leg was severely damaged by a broken driveline. In recent years I haven't seen it happen.

DeputyDawg
08-01-2005, 09:40 AM
Damn that boat takes a nice set. I have never seen a Southwind run that steady at those speeds, it looks like it's on rails and no hoola hoola. Very Nice!

steelcomp
08-01-2005, 09:47 AM
There's years of testing and tuning to get it that way. Hey Bob. that thing really looks good! That was a nice pass. I'm thinkin' you saw a red light on the other side??? :D :D
It's good to see all your hard work paying off. :coffeycup

stoker2001
08-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Ya,that looks like an early celebration race dance to me :D Ken (in far lane)and i was hopeing for an all whacker final :confused: it wasnt to be :eat:

steelcomp
08-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Dum-dum-dum da-da-dum-dum...."Undah pressha".... :D :D

bp
08-01-2005, 11:45 AM
jerry, it was great meeting you that weekend, and thanks very much for the video. yours are the best, and i get a lot from them.
scott, yes, i did see kenny turn on the redeye before i crossed the starting line, so got a little more excited than normal. that had more to do with fact that it was a very emotional weekend for our class, and a lot of other people in the racing family. ken shaw is a very tough competitor, and i take no one lightly. kjet, i was just happy glad to be there :cool:
dd, thank you for the compliment. to be honest, chow is a very fast track, one of if not the fastest in the country, and the weather wasn't all that bad on this particular weekend. in fact, this pass was in about the worst air i saw the whole time, so the boat's kinda down in the weeds :D . even with that, it ran a 9.992.
thanks again jerry. :D

steelcomp
08-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Damn that boat takes a nice set. I have never seen a Southwind run that steady at those speeds, it looks like it's on rails and no hoola hoola. Very Nice!
Guess you could say it IS on rails... :idea: :D

dmontzsta
08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Its funny you say that, cause I hear lots of jetters make that comment. "It must be scary to have that driveline there". The truth is you hardly even notice it or pay attention. It is a must that you check all your bolts, I usually do it before every trip and keep an eye on them from time to time in between trips.

steelcomp
08-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Its funny you say that, cause I hear lots of jetters make that comment. "It must be scary to have that driveline there". The truth is you hardly even notice it or pay attention. It is a must that you check all your bolts, I usually do it before every trip and keep an eye on them from time to time in between trips.
In my buddy's Mandella, the v-drive is at our feet, and the drive shaft is right between us. Granted, it's in a safety tube, but I NEVER forget it's there. 'Specially at 6700. :supp: