PDA

View Full Version : Fountain 42 Who Has one ??

Rock-it man
08-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Need some info on the Fountain 42 ???
Are there any around the Delta would like to see one and ride in one. Thinking about buying one must be a stagered setup and with # 6 drives. Will be installing BIG !! power. I'm tired of my sore back after PokerRuns so want the best rough water boat out there and I here the Fountain 42 will fit my need for speed and comfort.
Thanks ,ROCKIT MAN

Kachina26
08-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Talk to Jay Photoglou, he has one. Oh, and it's for sale! He has fresh power plants as well. I know he has surface drives and I'm pretty sure they are #6's at that. Rides like a dream with electric standup bolsters all the way around.

Steamin' Rice
08-01-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure if Jay is going to the Big Cat Run this year or not, but if so that would be a good time to check out his boat.. He was there last year

acatitude
08-01-2005, 03:19 PM
RIM....your killin me here, from cat to v-hull. just get a 36 nortech. the waters always nice when your in front ;) ;) ;)

Rock-it man
08-01-2005, 03:48 PM
RIM....your killin me here, from cat to v-hull. just get a 36 nortech. the waters always nice when your in front ;) ;) ;)
If your back felt like mine you would understand !!!!

sleekvino
08-01-2005, 05:43 PM
i'd like to own one does that count?

beer hunter
08-01-2005, 06:14 PM
Here's Jay's boat. :)
http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/Products/SportBoats/images/42L_800a.jpg

BLOWN HOWARD
08-01-2005, 07:39 PM
The dam picture makes it look like its running 120

acatitude
08-01-2005, 08:17 PM
well I guess when I get as old as you I will understand, :D , hell I might be already. fountains are nice butttttttttttttttt. may see ya at the big cat run

Rock-it man
08-02-2005, 06:52 AM
well I guess when I get as old as you I will understand, :D , hell I might be already. fountains are nice butttttttttttttttt. may see ya at the big cat run
I will be down to take a ride in Jays boat on Fri before the Big Cat Run but won't be going on the PokerRun on Sat, I have been on that run and a 26' boat is way to small for that water after all the big guns go by. Still recovering from the Portland PokerRun.
I really love the Cats but have to be practicle also to continue to go boating just seems I can't do the things I used to do when I was 20.

dicudmore
08-02-2005, 07:06 AM
probably is ;)

plaster dave
08-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Look at the outerlimits too.

Tom Slick
08-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Jays Fountain is sick, you couldn't go wrong with that boat. On the other hand if you would at all consider a bigger cat, say a Nortech 3600, I know where you can get a pretty bad ass one for cheap. Bling Bling from the boards is selling his for next to nothing. :D

PHOTOGLOU
08-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Jays Fountain is sick, you couldn't go wrong with that boat. On the other hand if you would at all consider a bigger cat, say a Nortech 3600, I know where you can get a pretty bad ass one for cheap. Bling Bling from the boards is selling his for next to nothing. :D
Wayne try the link at www.peggedmovie.com click trailer its on there in 2 different shots and when you buy the pegged dvd it has 3 different spots in it, and it is the first boat to appear......
Chris thanks for all the coverage and lets finish talking about what we were talking about in Havasu...... Jay 714 552 0300

cola
08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
I've been in that boat pushing or right at 120. It feels like, well never mind. You have seen the picture. It's fun. :wink:

Ivan Dan
08-02-2005, 09:04 PM
This is EXACTLY what I was thinking.....Bling's Nortech would be my choice.

Trigger
08-03-2005, 06:23 AM
All the boats mentioned here are good choices. I would not say the Fountain is the best rough water boat out there (but will do whatever we will be using them for). I would look at a few others first. Cigarette and Outerlimits will be your top choices for a V-hull. Both cost alot up front but will hold their value better than others. They crush Big water. Skater, Nor-Tech, MTI will be your best in the cats. Pricey, but again hold there value well. I like Photo's boat. Nice colors. I just have never been a Fountain fan (the style). Everyone likes a boat for different reasons. Find your reasons and that will lead you to the boat for you. Good luck. Shopping is great! :D

dimarcobros
08-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Wayne try the link at www.peggedmovie.com click trailer its on there in 2 different shots and when you buy the pegged dvd it has 3 different spots in it, and it is the first boat to appear......
Chris thanks for all the coverage and lets finish talking about what we were talking about in Havasu...... Jay 714 552 0300
Did you ever get the new one you were talking about? I think it was red and a poker run series?
DMB

PHOTOGLOU
08-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Did you ever get the new one you were talking about? I think it was red and a poker run series?
DMB
Not yet, but, it is still on its way

BiggusJimbus
08-03-2005, 03:47 PM
It's all that time spent bent over your motor.

dimarcobros
08-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Not yet, but, it is still on its way
When is the Stork coming? Are you still selling yours?
DMB

Boat211
08-03-2005, 07:50 PM
All the boats mentioned here are good choices. I would not say the Fountain is the best rough water boat out there (but will do whatever we will be using them for). I would look at a few others first. Cigarette and Outerlimits will be your top choices for a V-hull. Both cost alot up front but will hold their value better than others. They crush Big water. Skater, Nor-Tech, MTI will be your best in the cats. Pricey, but again hold there value well. I like Photo's boat. Nice colors. I just have never been a Fountain fan (the style). Everyone likes a boat for different reasons. Find your reasons and that will lead you to the boat for you. Good luck. Shopping is great! :D
I am with Trigger! I am not real sure about performance comparisons. I think the Fountain is pretty fast but all the ones that I have been in dont seem real solid. Though I cant give a true comparison since I have not been in the Cig or Outerlimits. Just my 2 cents.

Rock-it man
08-04-2005, 07:05 AM
There is another reason the Fountain has a bathroom ,bed,air,kitchen,etc so it also makes the wife happy so she can go boating also,she gets a little annoyed with the Datona somtimes that she can't just go crusing so to keep peace and save my back thats why i'm looking at these big boats and of course they can run 100 +mph.

Magic34
08-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Been there, done that..... I sold my 34' cat in March because I wanted a 38'+ V. Had a contract and deposit on my 34 for sale so I went looking at a few big V boats. Set up a test ride in big V #1 and met out at the lake. After the ride, gave a deposit on big V #1 (only reason because deal was right) and sent to boat to a shop to get checked out. 1 motor was not working correctly, and cancelled deal.
2 days later, I delivered my 34' cat that was for sale and on the way back into town, I spent 3 hours at Magic starting the process of ordering my new 34' cat.

PHOTOGLOU
08-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Rock-it man, Sounds like this may not be the boat your looking for then..... Mine does not have Air and the bath room is a port a potty..... The 38 I sold had Vacu flush..... Just don't want to waste your time.... Jay

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Jay, your boat is beautiful. The lines and graphics . . . gorgeous. I missed getting to see it up close when we were at the last Dam Run. Hopefully you'll sell it to someone from here so I will get another chance.

Trigger
08-05-2005, 10:16 AM
Rock-it man, Sounds like this may not be the boat your looking for then..... Mine does not have Air and the bath room is a port a potty..... The 38 I sold had Vacu flush..... Just don't want to waste your time.... Jay
Jay,
Yours has air, just like mine!!!
Just stick your head out the cabin hatches while moving and presto... instant AC! :D
Mine has the porta potti and no air either. If you are on the water, why would you need air?? :D

Rock-it man
08-05-2005, 10:17 AM
Does not have to have air and a portapottty is fine ,its the room for the wife and the ride for me and of course the speed can't give up the speed !!!!!!! I have a room reserved at the same motel as you in Tracy ,will be in there Thur PM and see you Fri morning if all goes well at Shasta this weekend.

PHOTOGLOU
08-06-2005, 11:35 AM
OK.... looking to get it completely detailed this weekend, Then it's of the the Big Cat poker run Thurs afternoon.. It's about an 8 hour drive with the boat....

Rock-it man
08-06-2005, 12:13 PM
OK.... looking to get it completely detailed this weekend, Then it's of the the Big Cat poker run Thurs afternoon.. It's about an 8 hour drive with the boat....
Jay, Look for a Yellow ford 4x4 with flames on it towing a purple Datona with Yellow Flames .I should be in the parking lot by 6pm on Thur if your not in late you can call me on the Cell .

Rock-it man
08-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Jay,I will be there Thur pm with the wife.She wants to see the boat and a ride.So will see you Fri morning.
Will not be bringing the Datona as we had some issues at Shasta and its not ready. See ya on Friday. Thanks

deltarat
08-08-2005, 08:44 AM
Issues, what kind of issues?

Rock-it man
08-08-2005, 11:32 AM
Issues, what kind of issues?
Somehow I knew you would ask ????
The air was at 81 so really bad !!!! First pass was 132.6 mph at 6400 28 four blade did not stay in it at all.
Second pass was 136.7 but the tach recall said 7100 ???? so must have got a bad reading or maybe the prop cavated was only in it maybe 2-3 seconds at wot ,checked everything out and all looked good except I found a fuel leak under the blower at the rear near the dist & coil looks like just a little but a bad place to have any leaks especialy fuel so have to pull the blower again and fix it and it takes three days to do it right as it all has to set 24 hrs before retorqueing the blower. The prop was a Bronson Hill it did not perform as good as the one I have fron Washed Ashore and the 29 dropped 400 rpm even at 20 lbs boost I have six of these props so sending one down to Bronson to have it set as maybe 28.5 pitch .
I would have to leave here Wed to make a trip work to the delta so will get this fixed and come down in a couple weeks. I am still comming to meet Photoglou and check out his 42 Fountain on Fri but without the boat. It our 37 yr annaversory so taking the wife and drive up the Northern Calif coast on the way home.

P P R
08-09-2005, 08:16 PM
37 years , your a lucky man !

DCBob
08-10-2005, 06:39 AM
Somehow I knew you would ask ????
The air was at 81 so really bad !!!! First pass was 132.6 mph at 6400 28 four blade did not stay in it at all.
Second pass was 136.7 but the tach recall said 7100 ???? so must have got a bad reading or maybe the prop cavated was only in it maybe 2-3 seconds at wot ,checked everything out and all looked good except I found a fuel leak under the blower at the rear near the dist & coil looks like just a little but a bad place to have any leaks especialy fuel so have to pull the blower again and fix it and it takes three days to do it right as it all has to set 24 hrs before retorqueing the blower. The prop was a Bronson Hill it did not perform as good as the one I have fron Washed Ashore and the 29 dropped 400 rpm even at 20 lbs boost I have six of these props so sending one down to Bronson to have it set as maybe 28.5 pitch .
I would have to leave here Wed to make a trip work to the delta so will get this fixed and come down in a couple weeks. I am still comming to meet Photoglou and check out his 42 Fountain on Fri but without the boat. It our 37 yr annaversory so taking the wife and drive up the Northern Calif coast on the way home.
Congrats on 37 years RIM :) Do you own a Fountain :confused:

Rock-it man
08-10-2005, 07:58 AM
Don't have one yet but that could change real soon. I have not been out in one but will on Fri with Jay. Want a newer one .
Tim, You really wanted to say She is a lucky women !!!!! Right !!!!!! and the trip up the northern California coast is off !!!! being we will not be that far from TAHOE guess where we are going !!!!!
Hey !! Jay see ya Friday AM . I will buy breakfast !!!!!!

PHOTOGLOU
08-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Don't have one yet but that could change real soon. I have not been out in one but will on Fri with Jay. Want a newer one .
Tim, You really wanted to say She is a lucky women !!!!! Right !!!!!! and the trip up the northern California coast is off !!!! being we will not be that far from TAHOE guess where we are going !!!!!
Hey !! Jay see ya Friday AM . I will buy breakfast !!!!!!
Deal