PDA

View Full Version : how do you find out year make and model?

badbrad
08-01-2005, 02:34 PM
Quick question...I found an ultra and a baker (18-19')in a storage lot and want to get the value vs. what they want for them. I am going to talk to the manager and get the 411 on them next week. Can I get alot of info off the vin? also I will get the complete 411 on the boats...

FOURQ
08-01-2005, 04:17 PM
the HIN # tells all the secrets you want to know 9 times out of 10
Q

rerfert
08-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Quick question...I found an ultra and a baker (18-19')in a storage lot and want to get the value vs. what they want for them. I am going to talk to the manager and get the 411 on them next week. Can I get alot of info off the vin? also I will get the complete 411 on the boats...
Brad after about 1972 (I think) there should be a tag cast into the right rear transom Outside of the boat...the last 2 numbers on the tag represent the Year and the first 3 letters (maybe??) might give you a clue about the manufacture?
Check them out WELL as to condition and style,Motor(Chevy-ford-Olds...Some would say in that order),Pump brand,seating configuration,upholstery and condition of the WOOD under the seats as well as the stringers.
Take a tape measure for the length.
Good luck and try and steal them (AS IN get them for a good price)Make sure the paper work in also correct for the boat in question.

badbrad
08-02-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks for the 411